It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Farce: Saudi Arabia to Head UN Human Rights Council

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Article 55 of United Nations Charter includes: “Universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms for all, without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion.”

In diametrical opposition to these fine founding aspirations, the UN has appointed Saudi Arabia’s envoy to the United Nations Human Rights Council to head (or should that be “behead”) an influential human rights panel. The appointment was seemingly made in June, but only came to light on 17th September, due to documents obtained by UN Watch

www.globalresearch.ca...
blog.camera.org...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Unbelievable! Where's the media coverage of this? The world's worst of human rights violations is now in charge of human rights? Are you kidding me? You know when you have that little "thing" in your gut when watching events that don't "add up" in your mind? That's to tell you what you're experiencing is bullsh!t. Everyone has it. For some it doesn't work so well and it goes off backwards. But make no mistake, if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. But it stinks like fish.

Just wtf is going on with the world right now?

eta: SA is in big doo doo too for the Mecca deaths and for not claiming responsibility for their poorly mismanaged pilgrimage.
edit on 3-10-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Yup great move isn't it? Read this a couple of weeks ago and was going to post a thread about it, then thought what's the point? They will do whatever they are gonna do and bugger all we can do about it

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The UN is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"UN" and "Human Rights" is kind of an oxymoron, eh?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And War Is Peace. Sometimes I wonder if humanity haven't gone out of the Dark Ages?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It was probably their turn to hold the chairmanship. Wonder if the Saudi wives, mothers, daughters, and nieces of the delegates are proud of them and the (lack of) progress their country has achieved in human rights.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Lets put North Korea incharge of WMD monitoring while we are at it.

Maybe throw in a few ISIS members on the Anti terrorism boards?

Maybe columbia in charge of the drug policys.

And for fun lets put some crusty old british lords and vatican priests on the children rights watch groups!
edit on 3-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I read that Oinky cameron was involved in promoting their getting this job.

But this is the country that recently stoned a woman to death for adultery and is getting ready - Wait for it -

to Crucify a young lad for disrespect towards the King. Nothing proved but his Uncle is a dissident etc.

www.express.co.uk...

Only Oinky could be so corrupt as to promote this lot - but then I expect his shares in oil are generating his love of Saudi behaviour. Could anyone imagine crucifying someone who disrespected queenie or Oinky.

One can see why the refugees from Syria, although many Sunni haven't even considered going there for refuge.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Isn't it ironic Saudi Arabia has been elected head of the human rights council, yet its citizens are not granted enough civil rights to even elect a Prime Minister/President . But are instead ruled by an unelected hereditary Hierarchy of Royalty, with with some of the worst abuses to human rights.

Its like a joke, imagine, because it is this bad, Monsanto been a beacon for none GMO foods - Hitler been awarded for humanitarian causes - McDonalds representing a MensHealth. Joeph Frtzl and his endorsement of "how to raise your kids right"

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well, well, well, what will this mean? that when it comes to Saudi Arabia their interpretation of what Humans rights is should be respected?

How about this one,

US Attorney General, US Cities, Join UN to Create Global Police Force Initiative

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are we to have now Saudi Arabia as part of the suggested US attorney General US cities initiative? or they will be only allowed in areas of heavy Islamic populations in the US and around the world.

The irony.

edit on 3-10-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It reminds me of a guy I know from high school... He won a prize for his effort on a campaign against drugs, though he was a drug addict...

Life is such, upside down.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who heads the U.N. Human Rights Council since the U.N. is completely useless other than being a tool of the global elite.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I had teachers in school who would put those least likely able to lead a project in charge of the project.

That forced the person to come to grips with their inadequacies and actually helped them change for the better, and lead by example, otherwise people wouldn't listen to them.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

That will work in countries where their leadership is no base in a feudal hereditary monarchy rule by Islamic law that supports an Islamic state and on top of that they are a theocratic state too.

hard to change that much of a nation humans right when is all base in believes supported by centuries of indoctrination.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
I had teachers in school who would put those least likely able to lead a project in charge of the project.

That forced the person to come to grips with their inadequacies and actually helped them change for the better, and lead by example, otherwise people wouldn't listen to them.

That is a sound concept and I've read about it before in 48 laws of power. Hire an enemy and he will be more loyal than a friend. Might not sound quite the same but it really is. The enemy would have more to prove and by hiring them to complete a task they would be normally opposed too, they become part of the solution and not the problem. I can sort of get behind it. But this is SA we're talking about and an entire ideology. Not just a difference of opinions.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Interesting. Not in a good way, but as in "interesting times."

Saudi Arabia is wealthy due to oil. Period. Without it, without the global market lusting after each precious drop, who would they be? What power would they wield?

Want to apply pressure to SA? Promote green energy, or at least non-oil energy, and you will take back some power. Eventually eliminate oil, and then, perhaps, SA can be convinced to evolve? Or will they become another overrun Monarchy to be taken by a military dictatorship?

I don't want to go too far off the topic here, but SA's monarchy, unless they become the heralds of a new energy future themselves, is destined to fail and their Sate with them. It might make them more abusive, or it might not. Depends on how it happens, I guess.

peace,
AB

edit on 3-10-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
How convenient.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

No in Saudi Arabia, unless the monarchy could is rid off and that is never going to happen in our life time.

US protect the Saud family.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

The reason they has become a wealthy oil producing country is due to our government propping the Saud family up in status and thanks to US citizens tax dollars.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
From this report SA seems such a amazing beacon and free speech.........

Beheaded for protest

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join