It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daimons, Yaksas, and their role in history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Just got done writing this article.

Some of you are aware the Daimon is not just a negative being, and some of you may be aware of similar primal creatures in other cultures.

"Looking at the more primal archetypes of Yakṣas, which peer into the deep power at the very base of nature, there is Atavaka, Lord of the Forest, and Yakṣa Ganapati, whose root energy, coursing through the roots of nature itself, is utterly frightening."

And heeeeeere we go:

LINK

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fevrier

Some of you are aware the Daimon is not just a negative being, and some of you may be aware of similar primal creatures in other cultures.

"Looking at the more primal archetypes of Yakṣas, which peer into the deep power at the very base of nature, there is Atavaka, Lord of the Forest, and Yakṣa Ganapati, whose root energy, coursing through the roots of nature itself, is utterly frightening."

And heeeeeere we go:

LINK

Thank you for this post & the link to comprehensive info! I've always known that there are Tutelary Demons, & this bears it out. (I am Buddhist, but not of the Vajra school - I must look into it!)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fevrier

Some of you are aware the Daimon is not just a negative being

They are only positive if they repent and turn to Jesus Christ. Then they are classed as traitors amongst their own kind, the Rephaim or 50/50 human/fallen angel DNA.

Otherwise, they stay negative and comply with the orders that they receive from their C/O's, the fallen angels.

i was hoping to read a description of their prison, Tartarus.

It would seem that fire elementals (daemons) have gone on the rampage throughout this year.
i wonder what the world will look like when the air elementals (storm daemons) go live.

Next year should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My god man, let me assure you, daimons/Yaksas have 0% human DNA, nor do they report to "fallen angels", which would be the equivalent of very low level, earth-bound beings.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Personally I always interpreted the whole significance of a spiritual mythological beast hierarchy of Angels and Demons as beings who do and handle the dirty work. Although this POV kind of relates to the impressions I get from Roman Catholicism, due to the word Daimon often gets associated with Demons because they sound the same, no different then saying Devas and Devils. I do get that your trying to point out and go back to the more original origins, where they'd be viewed a primal spirits, which could of been the inspirations for a lot of folklore today.

Like Shiva(might be wrong) or Kali, Asuras being enemies to other Asuras, or how the Islamic Jinn will be believed to be Judge due to how they act in the supposeded final conflict for rising against an other Jinn, which is similar to the believe of Satan or Demons accepting Christ as their savior.

What Im trying to point out in my is that their roles is no different then the idea of fighting fire with fire, or the idea that magic can only defeat magic. Like Archangels falling from Heaven with crimson wings and fiery weapons to battle fiery opponents. An Anti-virus vs a virus in a sense.

Or using dark spirits to ward off other dark spirits, like Gargoyle in medieval times. I guess that my two cents and might not comepletely correlate with what your presenting, but I did enjoy the read, and will be looking at it again. I also love the Colours scheme of those pics, really haunting and taunting in a sense...To me that is. SnF

edit on 3-10-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fevrier

Wow, you did the write up in the link? You must have invested so much time into that. I will have to visit the link often, there is so much to read and I don't like skim reading.
Thanks for the link and all the work put into it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I'm not gonna discuss what you're saying per se, because it is in a way your own inner journey, but I will tell you this:

Don't view it so conflictually. What I'm presenting, and believe me, this is the accurate view, is that Daimons and Yaksas, which are really the same thing under a different name, are not really at war with anything, or part of some great final conflict.

They are multi-faceted, at the same time complex and simple, ruling over many archetypal functions and not in any way worried about choosing sides. There are no sides to them, no conflict, no ulterior motives.

Through human karma and human activities, some of their energy can and will be reflected or involved in negative ways, and they do punish humans, or simply wallow in the dirt around here - because they can, and because someone has to. Someone has to work with this mess.

But beyond that, they are simply the natural energy of the world, and they make up and inhabit the actual primal reality beyond concepts and conflict.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

Thank you. I'll be adding more images today, specifically images of the Yaksa Deities whose mantras I've given there.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff.

I wonder if you could elaborate on your ideas regarding the Aesir?

“This situation actually works for the good of all sentient beings in the universe, as the asuras are infinitely more powerful than the ‘gods’ — a situation that the Norse divinities knew only too well — and if they were more disciplined or wise, they could have taken over heaven on a permanent basis. As it is, the asuras are always a chaotic force in the evolving universe.

Usually when I read about Asuras they are described as being weaker than the gods. I don't know if that was a mistake or something?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

The Asuras are the very definition of strength, but not very well organized.

They lack the merit to overthrow the gods.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And the Aesir?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

there isn't a perfect correspondence.

Most of the written stuff on this goes through the very theoretical, and wrong, modern linguistic view which stipulates a theoretical Proto Indo European language, as the root of all other languages.

This was done because the British wanted a way to dominate Indian culture.

Sanskrit, however, is actually far more complex and perfect than the invented Proto Indo European, for which there is no archeological evidence, by the way.

Anyway, the Vanir seem to be closer to the Yaksas, although looks like a refined and positive class of Yaksas, and not the particularly powerful and supreme kind. Nothing wrong with refined and positive, just pointing out.

The Aesir don't correlate directly with the Asuras, but they do to some degree. They are the gods in general in Norse Mythology, but I will have to give you a quick rundown of how all this correlates with the esoteric structure of the human body in general.

And this will perhaps make a future version of the article, which will explore more cultures.

In the Asura-Deva relation, the Devas correspond to the right side of the body, which is wisdom, virtue and clairty, whereas the Asuras correspond to the left side, which is energy and lifeforce and primal instincts. They have absolutely immense and unbounded power, and their lifeforce is naturally endless, but they are brought down by their lack of wisdom and virtue.

If you google Ucchusma, or Mahabala, that is the supreme positive aspect of the Asuras, meaning the form of Vajrapani that manifests as the great Combat Vajra that defeats all things. It's the endless war aspect, but mastered for the sake of protecting everything. Ucchusma means One Whose Fire Becomes Manifest, and Mahabala means Great Strength, or Great Power.

Now, going to the Norse gods, the Nordic Tree of life has both up-down and left-right correspondences. I'm actually making a pause now to go check my images to be sure of what I'm saying.

So, the human realm, just like in Buddhism, is in the heart center. The Vanir and the Elves are above the human level, at the top of the left and right sides, while Asgard is right above the throat center, and below the crown, which is the Great Eagle.

Then, on the left of the Human Realm you have the Fire Giants, and this would probably correspond best to the Asuras, while the Frost Giants are right side... believe it or not, in a way they stand for clarity... ice.

The Land of Dwarves is the lower right side, the place of deep karma, of process and machinery and concepts. Whereas the Land of Giants, Jotunheim, is the base of the left side. So this is just giants, nonconceptual, just the base of something very big, which is the left side, which corresponds to the earth element, so the Land of Giants actually has earthy colors, whereas the Land of Dwarves is black, like deep karma.

Overall, the Nordic gods do have a bit more of a penchant for war than the actual gods that would be on that level, about the throat center, which is formless gods. Those gods aren't very warlike, generally. But at the same time, this could simply be a more Vajra vision. It's very hard to tell, and I don't teach spiritual cultivation based on this - rather, I speak of these things in order to show that all cultures are building on the same basic structure - the esoteric structure of the human body.

So all in all, the Norse Gods have more tendencies towards the belly region than pure reality does.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Very interesting stuff..

Where do you get these ideas from(you said you had to check your sources)?

I believe the Vanir and the Aesir were different tribes that intermarried, the big thing about it was all the high adepts incarnated around this time, during these events. Odin, primarily, and his wife. Bodhisattvas that attained the heights of realization and crafted a kingdom and maybe even a people. In time they were remembered as god kings, and then mythical gods.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

These "ideas" are straight from samadhi, straight from clear knowing wisdom, studying the data that is available.

You won't hear it anywhere else.

It's certainly not tribes, or incarnations. Yes, that may have happened at one point or another, but that is no the source of it. This mythology is born of a certain understanding of the esoteric structure of the universe and the human body, and born of interactions with actual gods and their karma.

Here you have a minimalist, easy to look at depiction of the Norse tree of life. That's what I went to check last night.

i0.wp.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Interestingly Devas/Deavas and Asura is found in both Buddhist and Zoroastrian literature, (spelled almost the same way).

(In Buddhist literature Yaksas are Yakha or Yakkha.)

They take on different personalities in each world.

It is not a stretch to believe that there exist beings which are in a different 'realm'/ability, or 'dimensions', as humans.

Your stories describe or view them in a different ways as others.

I think in the end, they will just be stories until they are experienced.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You are quoting only the Theravada literature, the Small Vehicle of Buddhism, where they are called Yakkha in Pali spelling.

In Saksrit it's Yaksa.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Yes, I am not saying you were wrong in the way you spelled it, I was just giving you additional information saying, it is also spelled/referred to like this.

top topics

join