It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Sydney Australia By 15 year old Radicalized Iranian

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Saying that common sense laws/polices when it comes to terrorism could turn you into an extremist is similar to people saying gun control would turn them into a potential criminal/turn gun owners into anti-government extremist.

lol, Isn't that the number one argument for the hardcore 2nd amendment crowd. Any federal national gun regulations would result in an all out civil war against the government... Its all hot air obviously, but still.

Anyway, we need some perspective here. Australia hasn't had any highly organized terrorist attack in my entire life time. It just amazes me how one person can be shot by a disillusioned teenager and its all over the news and gets everyone in Australia scared and outraged, simply because he was Muslim.

Yet, just the other day there was a man who shot his wife and 3 kids (all under 10 years old), before committing suicide, but there was barely any news coverage about it, or any public outrage.

I mean, come on. You keep talking about "commonsense"... Well, how about people start using commonsense when it comes to perspective.
edit on 9-10-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog

Saying that common sense laws/polices when it comes to terrorism could turn you into an extremist is similar to people saying gun control would turn them into a potential criminal/turn gun owners into anti-government extremist.

lol, Isn't that the number one argument for the hardcore 2nd amendment crowd. Any federal national gun regulations would result in an all out civil war against the government... Its all hot air obviously, but still.

Anyway, we need some perspective here. Australia hasn't had any highly organized terrorist attack in my entire life time. It just amazes me how one person can be shot by a disillusioned teenager and its all over the news and gets everyone in Australia scared and outraged, simply because he was Muslim.

Yet, just the other day there was a man who shot his wife and 3 kids (all under 10 years old), before committing suicide, but there was barely any news coverage about it, or any public outrage.

I mean, come on. You keep talking about "commonsense"... Well, how about people start using commonsense when it comes to perspective.

Australia has had some 18 year old Muslim terrorist stab 2 cops back in 2014, another radical Muslim kills 2 people/take hostages, the cops getting shot, and another terrorist was planning multiple attacks in Australia if he couldn't leave Australia to join up with ISIS. 3 Terrorist have hurt/killed innocent people (4 if you include the Australian terrorist who ended up carrying out a car bombing in the middle east) in a year period which has no place in a country like Australia. Are you really going to throw out accusations of Islamophobia that what's extremist do to stop common sense laws/programs/polices from getting passed? These common sense laws would also make it easier to deport suspected terrorist, stronger back ground checks for immigrants who want to come to Australia, ect.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: maxrockerfella

That's it! Take all the guns from Americans!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

Australia averages about 250 murders a year, yet only 3 murders have been committed by apparent extremist Muslims in the past year. If you were really about saving lives, then wouldn't you be calling for your "common sense laws/programs/polices" to be directed at domestic violence in Australia instead?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I have no problem with Australia passing domestic violence laws but they also need to do something about stopping future terrorist attacks. Muslim's (and even other Australian's) who aren't extremist should have no problem with these laws and it wouldn't really impact them at all unless they are involved in illegal activities. There is no reason for a violent protest or any violence over a movie/free speech, It's the job of all 1st world countries and all freedom loving people to help bring Islam and Australia terrorism laws into the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I have no problem with Australia passing domestic violence laws but they also need to do something about stopping future terrorist attacks. Muslim's (and even other Australian's) who aren't extremist should have no problem with these laws and it wouldn't really impact them at all unless they are involved in illegal activities. There is no reason for a violent protest or any violence over a movie/free speech, It's the job of all 1st world countries and all freedom loving people to help bring Islam and Australia terrorism laws into the 21st century.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join