It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Sydney Australia By 15 year old Radicalized Iranian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: maxrockerfella

Shooting in Sydney Australia By 15 year old Radicalized Iranian - Why does this smell like a false flag or controlled activity at least?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: maxrockerfella
His name was. Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar. (A good Islamic name.)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
It isn't easy at all I served for 8 years and it's not a case of popping a F88 in your bag and strolling through the gate. Please excuse that gentleman he's obviously drunk and an embarrassment. Military weapons do go missing but not on the scale which he suggests. He needs to do some research of his own. Its a terrible thing.....

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

This activity was controlled only by whoever was spouting ideological garbage into this kids head before giving him the gun. Interestingly his older sister has left the country for turkey only a few days before the attack. Was she involved who knows I guess time will tell.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: generalspecific
a reply to: marg6043
Please excuse that gentleman he's obviously drunk and an embarrassment. Military weapons do go missing but not on the scale which he suggests. He needs to do some research of his own. Its a terrible thing.....

Well, obviously I can't talk from personal experience.

I'm just mainly going by a report by four corners and other ABC stories, which all claimed that the majority of illegal firearms in Australia originated from guns that were stolen from private owners before the bans, or that were stolen from military bases.

But if your actually trying to claim bikie associates never join the armed forces for the purpose of stealing weapons... well then obviously I can't personally dispute it... Other than what I've heard from the MSM.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: generalspecific

Thanks, that is what I thought, because here in the US is the same thing, people do not strolling into a military gun Armory to steal guns either, they are under lock and key and guarded.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Weapons do go missing or have been stolen in a more brazen fashion including rocket launchers. However the numbers don't stack up. As an article on the ABC news channel suggests the biggest contribution to illegal firearms is from weapons which weren't handed in when our gun laws changed in 1996 after the Port Arthur massacre. Doesn't seem that long ago does it but time flys. I have no idea how to put a link up here but I've copied and pasted it. Illegal importation seems to play a part also.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
When is Australia going to pass common sense polices to stop events like these? It's crazy they passed gun laws after the 96 mass shooting and now they need to pass more laws to stop events like this. The US after 9/11 did a good job limiting these types of attacks and under Bush era policies (which Obama ended up supporting even though when he first ran as President he campaigned against them) the US has stopped close to 30 potential terrorist attacks which have saved countless lives. It's sad that Australia would have a trouble passing more laws to stop these events because of extremist who try to down play the threat and won't let the debate even happen). I wonder how many more people have to lose a loved one (this also includes the parents/friends of people who have left Australia to join Terrorist) before they finally do something and they could stop events like that violent Muslim protest before things get out of control.
edit on 9-10-2015 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

Mate, a 15 year old kid shot 1 person in the street... So I'm really lost as to what you think the huge issue is that Australia isn't dealing with and the US apparently has under control... huge lol!

I mean, a single person being shot in the street by a teenager probably wouldn't even make the news in the US, since it happens so often... Just another day in the US.

Not trying to dump on America and say one country is more morally superior than the other... I just think your reasoning has no relevance to reality and is actually kind of really distorted.

But that's just me...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Don't forget that ISIS supporter who killed a couple of people and took hostages. The huge issue is common sense laws could stop future attacks like this and an event like this would make the news a black live supporter killed a US cop a couple of weeks ago which made the news (the garland attack where no Innocent people lost their lives also made the US News). How does my thinking have no relevance to reality? Did that ISIS support ( a well documented extremist/Violent Criminal) not take hostages, did that Muslim protest not get violent, have Australians not joined up with terrorist,and did this event not happen? Please tell me how many more innocent people need to be killed before Australia can pass common sense laws to stop these type of events? There needs to be common sense proposals to limit events like this before they get out of control, how can anyone disagree with common sense?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

US has done a pretty good job of stopping terrorist from killing tons of innocent people (of course they haven't stopped every one) and Australia needs to follow America's lead when it comes to terrorism. To deny these things is denying reality and very scary.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Can't tell if you are serious or not....

What attacks has the US stopped since 911?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Off the top of my head there was a plan to attack the New York Stock Exchange, couple of guys planned to bomb the New York subway, 2 guy attempted to get a grenade launcher to kill diplomat (can't remember which country he was a diplomat for), an LA attack, a guy was planning on setting off a bomb in Pennsylvania, ect. I could keep going but I think you get the point.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I think the only "good job" all us western countries have done, is by making young ME people become even more (so called) radicalized and anti-western society. By discriminating against them and being intolerant against there religion.

But why not enlighten me and explain what (anti-freedom) laws the US have passed that Australia doesn't already have, which would have stopped a 15 year old kid from flipping out and shooting someone outside a police station?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Not really, was hoping you would show what laws you were talking about and how they stopped the attacks.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I forgot to mention some more just in case the amount I gave before wasn't good enough here are so more attacks that have been stopped before they could be carried out the sears tower attack, another subway attack in NY/NJ, the attack on JFK air port, attack on a military base (I think it was NJ), bombing of two synagogues, and a government building in Illinois. I think you get the idea and just in case for everyone of course I'm not saying these common sense laws would stop every possible terrorist attack that is just an argument people use to bash terrorism laws/spying programs.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I think the only "good job" all us western countries have done, is by making young ME people become even more (so called) radicalized and anti-western society. By discriminating against them and being intolerant against there religion.

You are sounding pretty similar to people who are against common sense gun control polices. These laws would also target other groups who could be committing terrorism/violent protest, and isn't an attack on Islam (only radical Islam). If someone wants to kill people/preach hate because of some common sense laws then they aren't a good person and a huge threat to society.

But why not enlighten me and explain what (anti-freedom) laws the US have passed that Australia doesn't already have, which would have stopped a 15 year old kid from flipping out and shooting someone outside a police station?

Now you are really starting to sound like people who oppose gun control, if your view of freedom is the death of innocent people then that's crazy. The laws might not stop this one attack but they would of stopped that ISIS guy and some of those kids from leaving the country to join up with terrorist. Look at like this just because gun control wouldn't of stopped Sandy Hook/the Oregon shooting/plenty of other mass shootings doesn't mean we shouldn't pass more gun control. I think Obama said it best (this was his comment about gun control but I do believe it can also apply to terrorism) "If there’s even one thing we can do, if there’s just one life we can save—we've got an obligation to try.”

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Sting operations/uncover work, better funding, limiting 4th amendment rights, spying, wire tapping, surveillance, studying effective interrogation methods, making it easier to prosecute terrorist, patriot act, NDAA, better use of informants, better air port security, ect. These laws have helped stop potential terrorist attacks and made things safer in some regards.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Saying that common sense laws/polices when it comes to terrorism could turn you into an extremist is similar to people saying gun control would turn them into a potential criminal/turn gun owners into anti-government extremist. I realize I keep bringing up gun control into a debate about terrorism but your arguments sounded so similar to people who are against more gun control (which I'm guessing you support more gun control in the US).

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I do want to say I really hope the victim/his family and all the other people who have had their lives changed for the worst due to terrorism will propel countries like Australia to not let them die in vain and we can actually stop ignoring this issue due to it being uncomfortable, the extremist who don't want positive change hurl out accusations of Islamophobia, and ridiculous slippery slope arguments. Hopefully Australia will wake up before another tragedy. Extremism, terrorism, and crazy beliefs that have lead to countless horrible events in history have no place in a country like Australia or any country for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join