It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we truly alive, or like a walking dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Although i'm not quite old, some loved ones have died.
It is normal for the children to bury their parents one day, but fate plays a part in life to.
I'm sure there are many on ATS who have lost their loved ones in life, for me this is how it is.
But there are a few loved ones of which i know that they were always thinking about later, not actually living the joy of life.

But for some there is no later, that the inevitable moment of death will one day catch us is a certainty, but nobody knows when.

Spending a whole life to prepare for the old age, no joy, working and saving, and between work and sleep the usual social struggle about politics, economics, religion, seeking for what one misses in life, the sparkle of joy.

Can we actually say we are alive if we merely are what has been, the known, do we ever see or feel new, free from the known, bursting of passion because in that freedom, the creative flower grows.

If there is one thing that always have hurted me, it is the notion that the loved ones who passed away did not actually had a life.
No joy, only hope, which is the second soul of people, happiness was always somewhere out there, in material wealth and possession, a woman or man, or some spiritual goal or an ideal place to live.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Billions of people have been brainwashed into believing there is a God with magical powers controlling everything, and have voluntarily given up much of their free will to this belief.

Whatever your religion, you all believe in pretty much the same God, after growing out of beliefs in things like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus as children.

Religion is a massive brainwashing technique designed to make people give up their free will.

If you're religious, it may seem that you're not truly alive because you don't have control over your own life, you've voluntarily given up that control to the ridiculous belief that God is controlling everything for you as part of His Plan for you.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

If there is one thing that always have hurter me, it is the notion that the loved ones who passed away did not actually had a life.

Just a notion. People live and they die. Preferable to never having lived. Take your pulse, listen to your breath, look in a mirror. Yep, you're alive.

As I grow older, I'm beginning to notice that all the young people around me have no idea who I am, what I've been through, all the years of struggle and accomplishment, it doesn't mean a thing to them. They're concerned with their lives, not some old people that live over there, all slow, wrinkled and ugly.

The only satisfaction I get from their snarky looks and canned laughter is one day they'll grow old too, discovering the same lost legacy, the mistaken didn't live a life notion.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Are we truly alive, or like a walking dead.

Today we are alive...October 11th, we are The Walking Dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Work in long term care nursing homes like I do and it really makes you wonder wtf this is all for. The "is god a deadbeat dad" thread relates well. Today at work, i walked by a teenage girl writhing uncontrollably gave her some kind words, walked outside, looked up and asked wtf, seriously? This girl, like thousands upon thousands of others, young and old, suffers for what? Makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

If there is one thing that has always hurt me, it is the notion that the loved ones who passed away did not actually have a life.
Have no worries about such things. They lived according to their wishes and desires, not yours. Nobody dies, so try and get some sleep, it's late somewhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aboom

The "is god a deadbeat dad" thread relates well.

I hope not. GOD gave us absolutely everything. The rest is up to us. That's the game, see?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

You are correct about many religions people. But I don't find controlling religions within the scriptures. The scriptures hold a deeper meaning that teach us what to live for. But those who call themselves teachers stand at the pulpit without understanding.

I believe the prophets had a simple message surrounded by misunderstood laws and rituals that were appropriate for the people of their time.

The message I read is to believe in yourself because within you dwells the perfection of God. No church to go to for anything more than fellowship, love and support. The only thing to live for is our relationships with each other. For it is in the eyes and arms of friends that we find Love.

Unfortunately our desires to find some non existent material happiness has caused us to forever compete with each other. Rather than seeing each other as brothers we find ourselves constantly competing as enemies who fake a smile as we greet each other.

I feel alive, but I feel like I'm living in a world of zombies. Mindlessly competing for a happiness they will never find. When all they need to do is be happy with what they have and share themselves with others.

Often times I wonder why God allows so much evil and hardship. The only comfort I find is knowing that the world we live in is the world we were told to expect within the scriptures.

Nihilist, Narcissist and Sociopaths are the common characteristics of a people gone mad. Without Love, without hope. And most of the religious pray for tomorrow without ever living for today.

edit on 2-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Although i'm not quite old, some loved ones have died.
It is normal for the children to bury their parents one day, but fate plays a part in life to.
I'm sure there are many on ATS who have lost their loved ones in life, for me this is how it is.
But there are a few loved ones of which i know that they were always thinking about later, not actually living the joy of life.

But for some there is no later, that the inevitable moment of death will one day catch us is a certainty, but nobody knows when.

Spending a whole life to prepare for the old age, no joy, working and saving, and between work and sleep the usual social struggle about politics, economics, religion, seeking for what one misses in life, the sparkle of joy.

Can we actually say we are alive if we merely are what has been, the known, do we ever see or feel new, free from the known, bursting of passion because in that freedom, the creative flower grows.

If there is one thing that always have hurted me, it is the notion that the loved ones who passed away did not actually had a life.
No joy, only hope, which is the second soul of people, happiness was always somewhere out there, in material wealth and possession, a woman or man, or some spiritual goal or an ideal place to live.

I think a life is measured by living in the moments, not the lifetime.
Every moment of every lifetime is an opportunity to experience life.

Your post is beautiful and thought-provoking, but I would say to you not to worry so much about loved ones not actually having lived a life fully. While we may believe that we can measure the quality of their lives by looking back along it's span, we can never truly measure all the life they've lived within their countless personal moments.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Did you read anything else i said?
a reply to: donktheclown

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Pretty sure most of us are Walking Dead.

They have ceded real life to texting and the internet. Instead of enjoying dinner with friends they take pics of the food and selfies. They let twitter tell them what's important or what to get passionate about. They are more concerned with 200 FB friends than their own neighbors.

So yeah, dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I would love to hear more of this thought of yours

only hope, which is the second soul of people

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies
Absolutely true bb.

Religion is a massive brainwashing technique designed to make people give up their free will.

Absolutely true.. But bb, what isn't. Here let me scream this out loud. What isn't? Religion or not, cultural values and pressures guide our development from birth don't they? So for me, it 'All' one big brainwashing sceme. I mean if I am athiestic, where does MY freewill come from. How does it emerge? And just what is it anyway?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This might be due to generation gap, youngsters are full of energy, a bag full of ideals, but they are often naive because they lack the experience of the old and wise.
But on the other hand, the world has changed quite a lot over the last 50/60 years, the new generation grows up in a completely different world and culture.
It has become an alien world for the old people, al the electronics, new way of living, while the old cherish old memories of being together with friends and family, the youngsters are connecting through social media from their own little environment.
'Together we stand, divided we fall' belongs the the old world, the new world is one of make believe, not real.
If that falls away, i'll bet there's a world of hurt because of emptiness.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

'Together we stand, divided we fall' belongs the the old world, the new world is one of make believe, not real.
If that falls away, i'll bet there's a world of hurt because of emptiness.

The computer world and TV aren't real. Becoming enmeshed in that from an early age derails social development, imo.

I agree, waking up to the BS they have heaped on our heads must be an empty feeling. If for some reason the computers and TV were turned off, then people would have to actually seek each other out, horror of horrors.

So how do we wrench young minds away from their screens? When I was growing up the TV was used as a baby sitter, now theres a plethora of devices to occupy young minds. My nephew doesn't visit very much anymore, when he did he just sat focusing on his iPod. On rare occasion, when I got him to talk, he would mostly just show me some game he was playing on his "babysitter".

If I looked it was some video game app of little blinking and flashing lights with 'levels' accompanied by twiddle dee and twiddle dumb 'mus-ack'.

The whole time he was here he'd want the TV on cartoons in the background while he "played" on his iPod, hardly looking up except at the TV until it was time to go.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

My sister is diagnosed with cancer, but there are some hopeful answers, such as that it can be removed with an operation, an echo proofed her liver is clean and we are hopeful that the scan next week will be positive to (no spreading).

This is one meaning of hope, have faith.

The other explanation of hope is a constant projection, the hope to become, rich, to be someone, able to arrive, not being left behind, to be seen and loved.
It is rooted in thought and suffering while nothing is undertaken to bring about change.

There is an old saying, if one does what one always has done, one will get the same what one always has gotten.
There is no action to change things, no aliveness to actually turn the tides.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
Pretty sure most of us are Walking Dead.

They have ceded real life to texting and the internet. Instead of enjoying dinner with friends they take pics of the food and selfies. They let twitter tell them what's important or what to get passionate about. They are more concerned with 200 FB friends than their own neighbors.

So yeah, dead.

Perhaps the 'Rise of the Machine's has already occurred...and we're already being enslaved.

A bit of humor...blended with sad truth...
Sorority sisters during an exciting game:
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join