It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

His Life Was Spared By Last Minute Switch! C130J ***CRASH***Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't even know where to begin! Right now I am so overwhelmed with emotional turmoil but want to share with ATS what happened.......

Because this is a personal story I chose to place in this forum but MODS please move if needed....

Without getting too personal, my SO is in the MID East,Special Forces: Training soldiers i.e. direct combat! He is an officer, has different missions on different days. Some classified, others not....

Shortly after midnight the flight crew for the C130J was put together. Everyone was suited up and my boyfriend was part of the crew to pilot the aircraft. He had flown that exact plane before, I don't mean type I mean that particular plane. He loves flying and was looking forward to the change of scenery. But at the last minute he was switched out to take care of something more pressing on base.

His best friend took his place..Then the unthinkable happened.....The Aircraft went down shortly after take off and everyone on board was killed including Afghan civilians on the ground...The numbers keep changing so I prefer to not give a count.

He told me that normally he would have persuaded his superior to let him run the mission and the other could wait...But this time he experienced a weird but intense foreboding that included the same physical reactions he has experienced before as a WARNING...The warning has proved to be more than suspicion as each time his life or the lives of others have been saved! He decided to stay on base and attend to another project..

....And then it happened! The plane crashed and exploded on impact!

When the news broke in the US I was at a girlfriends house when I read about it! Instantly I knew this crash was related to something he was doing! I began to shake intensely! Pure panic was setting in...My friend tried hard to convince me that the chances of him being involved were miniscule! Reason would say with all the thousands of troops in the Mid East what are the chances it would be your loved one? Eventually I gave it up, but in my gut I knew....I stayed the night with her due to flash flooding brought on by storms and Hurricane Joaquin (East Coast)

I cried myself to sleep knowing there would be a blackout of info. until all families were notified..I awoke suddenly around 2am and began to meditate...immediately i was filled with the surreal peace of knowing he was still with me! By daybreak I was on my way home still concerned but not overly so. Then around 3:30pm he got in touch with me..Now this is a guy that is tough, intelligent and can be ruthless when he has to be (military life not talking about with me)! And here he was completely wrecked by this event not just him but the entire base...is devastated....My heart breaks for the all the troops and loved ones touched by this horrific tragedy!

And then he said "I was supposed to be on that flight but my bro stepped up and without a thought took my place" the guy was not assigned he volunteered to step in"! I was speechless and overcome with tears! My heart is broken for all the loss, the pain these guys are going through..But so grateful to God that his life was spared....Still I am in shock...To me this is a miracle in the truest sense.....May God Bless all the men and women fighting for all of us!

Thank you for letting me share my story and i would like your opinion.

Pax

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
...been to the middle east with C130 from Dyess several times. Never heard of an officer who is special forces training afghans and moonlights as a C130 pilot.

Glad your man is safe...but that first part of your story doesn't sound right at all lol.

So he's Security Forces doing raven basically?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Without getting too personal, my SO is in the MID East,Special Forces: Training soldiers i.e. direct combat! He is an officer, has different missions on different days. Some classified, others not....

Where is your boy friend stationed?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My best to you. How difficult this must be with relief and grief.

At the same time it is a great lesson to listen to your gut feeling

Thank you for sharing

Peace lady.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You are very smart and obviously astute! Perhaps that part of the story is to keep you guessing
. Ta reply to: darkwarrior

The point is his best friend literally gave his life for him and I am so beyond words of what I feel. As one poster said the feelings of relief compounded by grief! As far as what he is doing. That part is not important.

Thanks for your comment....

Pax

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry I can't say and only know general location. Not exact. If u want to U2 me I will answer privately what I know. And am able. a reply to: Xtrozero

Pax

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I don't even know where to begin! Right now

You could have started with the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Thank you for your kind words...I really appreciate that. Means a lot to me!

Pax a reply to: liveandlearn

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Special forces is not something taking lightly, lot of dudes claiming SF to their girlfriends

My heart goes out to the victims...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I didn't meet him on line I get what u are saying again it would be better if I don't say much publicly

I do know who he is and what he does but would never reveal that on a public forum.

My point in this thread is to say this was a very close call. a reply to: Ddrneville

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

You are very smart and obviously astute! Perhaps that part of the story is to keep you guessing
. Ta reply to: darkwarrior

The point is his best friend literally gave his life for him and I am so beyond words of what I feel. As one poster said the feelings of relief compounded by grief! As far as what he is doing. That part is not important.

Thanks for your comment....

Pax

It's possible that the best friend is back home bragging about how he switched places, thereby stranding your fiancee here on Earth!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sounds like the plot for a new final destination movie

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
WOW, I believe that nothing happens without a purpose. And your Boyfriend must not be done with his lifes mission. I believe some people are here in life, to pass down knowledge, some learn, some to be a beacon for others to follow. So he must be a very special person, not saying anyone else is Not. And my heart goes out to those involved.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior
...been to the middle east with C130 from Dyess several times. Never heard of an officer who is special forces training afghans and moonlights as a C130 pilot.

Glad your man is safe...but that first part of your story doesn't sound right at all lol.

So he's Security Forces doing raven basically?

She just misunderstands his role. He is obviously most likely a Special ops C130 pilot. Part of the mission there for all Americans is training the Afghanistan forces though I doubt he is training them to fly C-130's. His missions probably involve flying around people that are in training as well as some real world missions in the mix there.

She just don't see the picture like you and I do.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I don't even know where to begin! Right now I am so overwhelmed with emotional turmoil but want to share with ATS what happened.......

Because this is a personal story I chose to place in this forum but MODS please move if needed....

Shortly after midnight the flight crew for the C130J was put together. Everyone was suited up and my boyfriend was part of the crew to pilot the aircraft. He had flown that exact plane before, I don't mean type I mean that particular plane. He loves flying and was looking forward to the change of scenery. But at the last minute he was switched out to take care of something more pressing on base.

His best friend took his place..Then the unthinkable happened.....The Aircraft went down shortly after take off and everyone on board was killed including Afghan civilians on the ground...The numbers keep changing so I prefer to not give a count.

He told me that normally he would have persuaded his superior to let him run the mission and the other could wait...But this time he experienced a weird but intense foreboding that included the same physical reactions he has experienced before as a WARNING...The warning has proved to be more than suspicion as each time his life or the lives of others have been saved! He decided to stay on base and attend to another project..

....And then it happened! The plane crashed and exploded on impact!

When the news broke in the US I was at a girlfriends house when I read about it! Instantly I knew this crash was related to something he was doing! I began to shake intensely! Pure panic was setting in...My friend tried hard to convince me that the chances of him being involved were miniscule! Reason would say with all the thousands of troops in the Mid East what are the chances it would be your loved one? Eventually I gave it up, but in my gut I knew....I stayed the night with her due to flash flooding brought on by storms and Hurricane Joaquin (East Coast)

I cried myself to sleep knowing there would be a blackout of info. until all families were notified..I awoke suddenly around 2am and began to meditate...immediately i was filled with the surreal peace of knowing he was still with me! By daybreak I was on my way home still concerned but not overly so. Then around 3:30pm he got in touch with me..Now this is a guy that is tough, intelligent and can be ruthless when he has to be (military life not talking about with me)! And here he was completely wrecked by this event not just him but the entire base...is devastated....My heart breaks for the all the troops and loved ones touched by this horrific tragedy!

And then he said "I was supposed to be on that flight but my bro stepped up and without a thought took my place" the guy was not assigned he volunteered to step in"! I was speechless and overcome with tears! My heart is broken for all the loss, the pain these guys are going through..But so grateful to God that his life was spared....Still I am in shock...To me this is a miracle in the truest sense.....May God Bless all the men and women fighting for all of us!

Thank you for letting me share my story and i would like your opinion.

Pax

Oh by the way you should probably keep your mouth shut or you might end up getting him "Petraeused". He may inadvertently share something classified with you, then you run your mouth on here and screw him over. Would ultimately be his fault, but maybe you should be careful to not abuse any privileged information you might hear by being intimate with someone in the armed forces.

Just saying, Loose lips sink ships.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I've never once heard of an AFSOC officer that acts as a trainer, in direct combat, and flies regular C-130 missions at the same time. AFSOC doesn't do training, and their direct combat contribution is JTACs, not trainers. A JTAC doesn't fly, they only do ground combat operations.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I too doubt your story because of the incongruities before mentioned by other posters, to me if you were really worried about OP-Sec you would have just said he was C130 crew member and left off the SF, training, and combat bits. You just wanted the attention which makes me question how far you would go in your quest for attention, so until proven otherwise I think you're just "glory whoring" IMO.

That being said if anyone really was killed or injured I thank them for giving the last measure for this nation. And pray for there families and everyone involved.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Glory whoring no i don't think so! Honestly, I could do a hell of a lot more for attention if that is what I was after...And as I am sure you are aware now 6 service me were killed along with 6 contractors and 3 Civilians on the ground!

airforcetimes.com

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well I heard he got a part in final destination 55 , just saying .
Ps stay off the sun beds.

new topics

top topics

join