It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian aircraft "unmarked" in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So it seems the aircraft the Russians are using in Syria which includes SU-24, SU-25, SU-30, and SU-34 are flying without typical markings. Why?

A closer look at the warplanes provides the confirmation that all the aircraft, including the Su-25s and the Su-34s, were removed the standard Russian Air Force markings and the typical Red Star: most probably the Russians don’t want their symbol to be shown off along with the wreckage of a plane in case one is shot down or crashes in Syria.

What is this all about?

theaviationist.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That's just Russia keeping it on the down low.

Like they did when they sent unmarked Russian troops into Crimea.
edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If I was flying a jet around US, Israel and Saudia Arabia forces I wouldn't want a big red star on my behind either.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Maybe they're trying to lure U.S. jets into firing on them to create an international incident they can use to embarrass Obama...again (as if they need any help).

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well I sure hope those Libyan MANPADS sure don't start showing up.

Gasp!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Su-34 is one cool looking plane. I hate war but I do like these military birds. Russia still seems to have a lot of task specific planes in their fleet including new editions like the SU-34 which is the most modern genuine fighter/bomber type aircraft in production and should be perfect for this role. The rest of the worlds air forces seem to have decided they only need air-superiority fighters, multi role fighters and bombers with interceptors and fighter/bombers no longer being produced.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danton
The Su-34 is one cool looking plane. I hate war but I do like these military birds. Russia still seems to have a lot of task specific planes in their fleet including new editions like the SU-34 which is the most modern genuine fighter/bomber type aircraft in production and should be perfect for this role. The rest of the worlds air forces seem to have decided they only need air-superiority fighters, multi role fighters and bombers with interceptors and fighter/bombers no longer being produced.

I agree, the SU-34 is a cool looking aircraft. One thing I don't understand about Russian aircraft is the parachute for landing. How does that equate to quick turn around time in battle? Do they have to repack or re-insert a parachute for the next sortie? Seems like it would be inefficient to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This happened today:

Six SU 30SM have intercepted 4 Israel F15s trying to Reach Syria from the coast of Lebanon.

The 4. F-15 returned to Israel.

See if i can find a link confirming this information.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
This happened today:

Six SU 30SM have intercepted 4 Israel F15s trying to Reach Syria from the coast of Lebanon.

The link as is follows (translation needed):

strategika51.wordpress.com...

It has not been corroborated by any other sources.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome

originally posted by: Danton

I agree, the SU-34 is a cool looking aircraft. One thing I don't understand about Russian aircraft is the parachute for landing. How does that equate to quick turn around time in battle? Do they have to repack or re-insert a parachute for the next sortie? Seems like it would be inefficient to me.

Not just Russian aircraft…

Jet fighters generally have limited wheel and tire sizes which means limited braking ability. They also must fly when there is ice on runways. Hence the drag 'chute. Also, in their quest for pure speed (which equates to advantage in air to air combat) the drag 'chute weighs less than larger wheels and tires with better brakes. This is not necessarily the low cost solution since the 'chutes must be repacked for each flight and probably don't last for too many landings compared to disc brakes. However, we must remember that when it comes to government and especially military issues cost is no object.

Drag chutes

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

This happened today:

An english version, halfway down in here…

link

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Putin Hints Russia Will Clip Israel’s Wings in Syria:
uprootedpalestinians.blogspot.ca...

www.liveleak.com...
www.infowars.com...
need more to verify

edit on 2-10-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Not just Russian aircraft…

Jet fighters generally have limited wheel and tire sizes which means limited braking ability. They also must fly when there is ice on runways. Hence the drag 'chute. Also, in their quest for pure speed (which equates to advantage in air to air combat) the drag 'chute weighs less than larger wheels and tires with better brakes. This is not necessarily the low cost solution since the 'chutes must be repacked for each flight and probably don't last for too many landings compared to disc brakes. However, we must remember that when it comes to government and especially military issues cost is no object.

Drag chutes

Bigger wheels and brakes? What are we Fred Flintstone? An aircraft should employ reverse thrusters. I'm a big believer in "you get what you pay for". Cheaper usually gets cheap results.
edit on 2-10-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This happened today:

An english version, halfway down in here…

link

I think level heads prevailed if this incident took place. The Israelis are the best trained air force in the world, and no one should invite a conflict with them. Russia may have technology that supersedes Israel, but training is what makes the difference in battle. The Israelis select their fighter pilots from youth. They select those who have the quickest reflexes, the quickest wit, the sharpest intellect, the greatest physical fitness, and plop them in the seat of a fighter aircraft by the time they graduate from high school. It's a far cry from the US, who require an application, a college education etc, before they even enter flight school. The Israelis beat the US consistently in war games. It's the selection process and training. They should be respected, and I'm pretty sure Russia knows they do not want a conflict with them.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

It must be a tense time for all the pilots involved in these operations. I actually trust them more than the political leaders to take actions that won't see the situation spiral out of control unless directly ordered to do something stupid. They are among the best of the best of all the nations involved and it's their lives on the line. Unlike armchair generals any mistakes they make could be final.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
If I was flying a jet around US, Israel and Saudia Arabia forces I wouldn't want a big red star on my behind either.

For ANY aircraft of ANY nation to have an aggressor on your 6 is not a good thing. However , that is where the aircraft and pilot training come in.The US and Israel are the ones better trained and equipped to handle that sort of maneuvers.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If it's unmarked, it's probably Russian.
Is that not the same as being marked?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
]
edit on 2-10-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's genius, everyone (rebels and civies) know that America an Israel have jets in the air. A solid understanding of current events getting to those people is unlikely, not to mention the ability to identify aircraft by nation. Russian start pummeling everyone against Assad, the most likely culprit is us/Israel, in their eyes. He will push us out and build resentment without threatening us.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

This happened today:

Great now lets get th e Russians to fire on the ISraelis and get this party started. Oh wait the russian planes are un marked...how convenient for plausible deniability.

<<   2  3 >>

join