It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watches Stopping, Car Windows Rolling Down, Garage Doors Opening

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It just crossed my mind. When I lived in Austin, I used to walk to the store at night to grab beer. There was one streetlamp that would shut off every time I walked under it.
It was just this one lamp and it was repeatable.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachelink

Thank you for your reply! Interesting info you provided. Would an excess bio-kinetic charge be something genetic? Or would it be something that the women in my family developed due to environmental circumstances and/or lifestyle. All of live(d) within 10 miles of the ocean in Los Angeles or Orange County and not necessarily health nuts, but lead healthier lifestyles than the Average American.
I've tried to meditate in vain, a few times before. It's something I've been wanting to incorporate into my life for the purpose of relieving my chronic anxiety. Doctors keep pushing Xanax on me, and I keep tossing the scripts in the trash. I have an extremely busy life and have read that it's really beneficial for anxiety. I'll have to check out that book you recommended.
I love this website because I get to learn about things I never would have otherwise. Your comment is an example of that. I've read some threads that people had very "unique" beliefs and even if I don't believe them, it's nice to read other peoples point of views. God bless!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Would it do it when others walked under it, too? Or just you?
Notice any other electrical devise your presence has an effect on?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This thread is interesting.

My whole life I have been static.
I pretty much take it for granted now.
I get and give shocks regularly. I can often feel it coming before I even touch something. It can be so loud that others hear it across the room.
I also get shocks from light switches that others don't have problems with. It is so common that I'll pause and ground myself to avoid the pain.
Cars are the worst! Every time I get out of a car I get shocked loudly. So, I try to ground myself, especially before pumping gas.
I zapped a couple of laptops.
As my hand approaches something, I start to feel the static from inches away.
I tried everything normally recommended - being sure to lift my feet when walking, watch what I wear, etc.
I still assume it is just something in how I do things that is causing this.

But - I never heard of actually turning things on and off like the OP! That's amazing!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I can't wear a watch for more than a few days before it breaks down.
I've seen a static spark jump from my mom's finger and kill a television.
My grandma had a watch start ticking backwards on her.
I have killed more than one computer.
I also can't wear metal jewelry. It burns my skin.
I've touched door knobs and had the electrical crap knocked out me.
It would seem that some people carry a heavy electrical charge for some reason.

I cannot wear jewelry as it bends and falls off (this includes rings).
No luck with microwaves; they run far too hot; spark and then and cook themselves.
I wait for someone else to open the doors in the refrigerator/freezer aisle so a not to get ZAPPED.
Metal is rejected; expensive root canal crown *metal post* imbedded in jaw fell out far before its time.
Wrist watches do not work for long.
Belt buckles a no go as give me a burn rash.
Can openers work for about a month before they bend and no longer work/potato peelers the same and general cutlery. I am called the killer of kitchen accoutremen. I think the worst is constantly short circuiting the electrical systems in cars (warning lights on the console) and no real problem detected by maintenance providers.

edit on 20-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Keepin this thread alive at least another day with some support.

Things we checked out a long time ago with people that were able to knock down a processor...

1. Types of soles on shoes. Neoprene style soles .vs. leather or leather with metal taps. The later was deemed possibly a culprit.

2. Women that wore panty hose. Inconclusive, although it was blamed for many occurrences.

3. Silicone based skin ointments. Insulate the body and let it build up more of a static charge so the discharge had more potential. Possible link.

4. Combinations of rayon and other synthetic clothing. Inconclusive.

To many who we considered "electric", none of these mattered, or hindered, their ability to cause havoc with early electronics.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

How weird. Do you live in Chicago or somewhere with strong winds? Id have constant anxiety having to anticipate getting shocked so regularly.

Since I created this post, I don't remember any car Windows rolling down. Then all of a sudden it happened yesterday. Sometimes it'll happen a few times a week and then sometimes I'll go a few weeks between. I was kind of feeling stupid for even mentioning it on here because I must have left the impression that I was suggesting I have magical powers or special in some way. That's not the case. I don't claim to see the future or anything like that. Between myself and the three previous material generations, we've tested out watches from numerous manufactures. Some may last a bit longer than others but will stop fairly soon after they hit our wrist. My grandfather graduated from one of the top Universities in the country with a degree in physics and his closest friends did as well. They spoke about this topic a few times. One of them was intrigued and brought my grandmother and myself each a watch from his wives collection. They were more expensive than some peoples cars. He stayed the night with us and would periodically check the time. Both stopped while we were sleeping. I was in junior high and wasn't too interested so I didn't pay attention to the conclusion he came to. I wish I would have. For the garage doors, it may be that people were opening them at the right time from somewhere out of sight. Even though I'm hyper aware when it happens and make a point of looking around for someone pulling their car in and/or someone in the garage, it's a logical to say it's purely a coincidence. But that wouldn't explain when it happens at my own home since I know no one initiated the opening and I'm not anywhere near the clicker or button connected to the home.
Thank you for sharing your experience and having interest in this post. God bless!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
When I was about 16 years old, the anesthetics used at the dentists office no longer worked on me and they had to order special stuff for me and have me come back at a later date to get work done. Same thing happened in the military.

There were many times where street lights would wink out as I walked beneath them. It was repeatable and when I was out drinking and walking around with the guys, we frequently found this to be quite amusing.

I have always caused interference when walking past radios and televisions back in stone age times when stuff still used antennas and, believe this?, actually yanked signal out of thin air!.

When I am swimming in WiFi I experience tinnitus. I only realized this when I found myself on a mountain top in N.C. in a tent, realizing that it was more quiet than I had noticed for years. Right back to the hiss when I got near civilization, constant now. There are three networks that are not masked where I am and I live in the country.

Never had such a problem with watches though, aside from they give me a rash like anything else that touches my body, including clothing if I shower as much as most people do.

Been told in passing by people who claim to be able to see auras that I had a very interesting one. Light blue with dark blue to black spots that move around, whatever that means....?.

Sorry, maybe not completely on topic......

edit on 22-10-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: ditditditditditditditditdit

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

What kind type of anesthesia were you immune to? Are you referring to local sedation, used when removing wisdom teeth or injections used to numb gums? I've never heard of that before but I am fascinated by it, for some reason. Were the experiences when you were 16 and in the military, isolated event (all other attempts using said anesthetic successful) or haven't had any other situations where it was needed? Was it a military or civilian dentist? Did any of the dentist give an explanation for this immunity? Do you remember what their reactions? Like were they shocked or did you get the impression it was common? What made the "special stuff" so special. Was it a somewhat concentrated version of the anesthetic initially used? Or was it a unique formula?
Forgive me for asking but what do you mean by "swimming in wifi"? I realize you're not meaning it literally. Just having a blonde moment.
Someone else mentioned having a metal sensitivity, and it keeps slipping my mind to reply. I experience that too but never considered, until I read their comment, the cause being the same as my "superpowers"(obviously, kidding😜). I am a typical girlie girl and love jewelry but can wear any given piece for too long before my skin reacting. Doesn't matter if it's earrings, a necklace, ring or even belly bottom ring. Costume jewelry can't be worn for more than a couple hours. Most silver and gold last a bit longer. Then white gold and platinum can last all day but I can't live any on when I go to bed because I'll wake up with irritation. It's only the area that the metal was touching. With bracelets and rings, you can actually make out their shape/design by looking at the irritation. Immediately after I remove metal accessories, I apply with coconut oil or Hemp lotion and the rash will be gone by the time I wake up the next mourning. Is that what you've experience when wearing anything metal? (I get the impression your a male so maybe you don't have many instances to compare them to mine)

Besides your aura Has anyone ever offered any explanation about YOUR "superpowers"? Do you have a theory about why your presence has these effects on certain things?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Keepin this thread alive at least another day with some support.

Things we checked out a long time ago with people that were able to knock down a processor...

1. Types of soles on shoes. Neoprene style soles .vs. leather or leather with metal taps. The later was deemed possibly a culprit.

2. Women that wore panty hose. Inconclusive, although it was blamed for many occurrences.

3. Silicone based skin ointments. Insulate the body and let it build up more of a static charge so the discharge had more potential. Possible link.

4. Combinations of rayon and other synthetic clothing. Inconclusive.

To many who we considered "electric", none of these mattered, or hindered, their ability to cause havoc with early electronics.

Not a culprit myself of your 4 definitions. I will say it's aggravating. No more diamonds to be worn. Metal on skin a no go. Kitchen appliances are sketchy as to their length of life. Most concerning? interfering with the computer circuit boards within cars.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
When I was about 16 years old, the anesthetics used at the dentists office no longer worked on me .

Same for myself and at least two other family members.
Nitrous oxide works, but the other anaesthetics don't do anything.
I had four wisdom teeth pulled with no pain killer.
After the dentist gave me five injections with no effect, I told him to just yank the damn things or I'm going to do it myself.
My dad told me morphine does nothing to him.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

4 wisdom teeth pulled without being numb? Ouch!

Have you ever needed to be put under general anesthesia? Do you have an immunity to that as well? I've only had to be put under once as an adult, for a cosmetic procedure, and it was when that movie "Awake" had just came out. I've experience sleep paralysis for most of my life, so i was convinced I'd be more prone to waking up during surgery. For me, sleep paralysis is not a scary thing, it's more funny, but I was terrified being in that state during surgery. It's very traumatic for the people who experience. Not to mention, the extreme pain they feel during the surgery. ( my mom reassured me it happens more so in the more complex procedures like open heart surgery. Not boob jobs. Lol). Anyways, I wonder if you'd be more at risk for that to happen?

I realize that no type of medicine is going to work as intended, on everyone. Yet it's still fascinating to me that anesthetics not. You guys must have some Chuck Norris DNA fight off there effects and have to live without the benefits of numbness.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Dating myself severely admitting to owning a 1958 Gilbert Erector Set that my parents got me for Christmas. This was a big red metal tool box, filled with steel bars and girders of all sizes, connectors, nuts, bolts, an electric motor, gears, wheels, cranks and a plethora of metal flanges and mounts. What you could build was amazing, and many things would be absolutely banned today as a child's toy, but damn, it was fun, and educational as hell.

One of the projects, was to build an electric shock generator assembled from parts in the kit. You got 4 or 5 people to sit or stand in a semi circle all holding hands. The people on each end had to hold the little metal hand wand which was assembled as part of the project. One wand had a wire to the '-' side of a D battery, the '+' end was attached to a piece of steel girder that you spring loaded to ride on top of a big metal sprocket that you put a hand crank on.( I remember the instructions on how to insulate the spring loaded metal from the frame that held the sprocket and crank). From the crank, you fed a wire to one of the prongs of an AC plug that went into the motor, (which was mostly used to build gear trains to power your projects with pulleys). On the other AC plug prong, you attached another wire to another wand build with the girders. Basically, you were only using the transformer mounted on the motor that converted the AC that would normally power the motor.

So, when you had the people all set up, and the one on each end was holding the wand, you cranked the handle which caused ripple DC to enter the transformer, thus stepping it up to thousands of volts (but very little amperage).

The idea was to see who could handle the electric shocks long enough without dropping out, thus breaking the circuit.

I remember some kids dropping out immediately, and we had to put some one else in their place. After a while, we were able to assemble 4 or 5 kids together that could handle it up until the point where I was really cranking the thing fast, in which case most could not take it. However, there were a few kids that could actually do it alone, with a wand in each hand, and could take all I could muster with the crank. The experiment actually showed the level of tolerance that people had to being shocked, and some could handle so much more than others.

I thought this would be an interesting bit of trivia to add to this thread. I guess we all have different electrical potentials, and sensitivity to it. This kind of showed that.

Shortly after the manufacture of that Erector Set, it was taken out of production, and you never saw those instructions in later kits. Occasionally you will see one for sale on Ebay..... for big bucks!

edit on 28-10-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemethink

4 wisdom teeth pulled without being numb? Ouch!

Have you ever needed to be put under general anesthesia? Do you have an immunity to that as well? I've only had to be put under once as an adult, for a cosmetic procedure, and it was when that movie "Awake" had just came out. I've experience sleep paralysis for most of my life, so i was convinced I'd be more prone to waking up during surgery. For me, sleep paralysis is not a scary thing, it's more funny, but I was terrified being in that state during surgery. It's very traumatic for the people who experience. Not to mention, the extreme pain they feel during the surgery. ( my mom reassured me it happens more so in the more complex procedures like open heart surgery. Not boob jobs. Lol). Anyways, I wonder if you'd be more at risk for that to happen?

I realize that no type of medicine is going to work as intended, on everyone. Yet it's still fascinating to me that anesthetics not. You guys must have some Chuck Norris DNA fight off there effects and have to live without the benefits of numbness.

I've had gravel and dirt scrubbed out with brushes and flesh excised from injuries after I got ran over by a car.
It took 8 people to hold me down.
The anaesthesia didn't seem to do a thing.
I was trying to claw, kick, and bite everyone in room when I came to consciousness.

edit on 28-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

That was a children's toy? It's so hard to imagine something like that when, today, even the toys with the least sophistication come attached with warning labels. I think it's ridiculous! Your generation had access to some potentially "dangerous" toys but the kids would simply understand the risk and used them in a manner that would eliminate said risk. This would promote basic problem solving skills and critical thinking. My generation gets out in the real world, and is left dumbfounded when something doesn't include directions and bright yellow caution stickers with what not to do written bellow. The scary thing is, the stated "not to do" actions are things like "warning: do not use while body is in water" on a hairdryer and "warning: do not use near an open flame" on hairspray (can you tell I'm a chick? Lol). We need to bypass the warnings and allow natural selection to weed out the dead weight. I doubt someone will contribute anything of significance to society, if they didn't have enough brains to stop them from drying their hair while taking a bath. 😏
Getting back to the topic, that's interesting how the tolerance had such an extream range within the group. Looking back as an adult, do you think the actual shock could have been experienced by you kids in a similar manner and the kids that seemed uneffected, simply had more sophisticated pain copping techniques? Or do you think something biological would allow the shock to be absorbed to verging degrees? Which would cause the individuals to be either more successible to an intense shock or, on the other end of the spectrum, the shock having a limited impact?
Thanks for sharing! I'm super interested in that toy and must get my hands on one. 😆

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: makemethink

I took some of the relevant experience of that toy directly into an engineering job at DEC. We were trying to find out why some people were hazardous to sensitive electronic equipment. The results showed a widely varied range of electrical tolerance that people had, and their ability to store electrical charge. (eluded to in previous posts I did in this thread)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: makemethink

My goodness! This is entirely fascinating.. it certainly sounds like it would be wonderful fun to have a friend like yourself..
Please do tell..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join