It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watches Stopping, Car Windows Rolling Down, Garage Doors Opening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Forgive me if I created this discussion in the wrong form. I'm a longtime lurker but semi-new to ATS, so I'm still getting the hang of things being a member.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight. I can't wear watches because they'll eventually stop working. Doesnt matter if they are off brand watches bought at Target or luxury custom watches worth more than the standard car (a relative let me test their watch). The cheaper ones stop within hours and the better the watch the longer it will last (usually, anyways) but they never longer than 3 days.
This is something I inherited from my mother, and she from hers. My great-grandmother (maternal grandmothers mom) is another one who couldn't wear watches. That's four generations of women! Is this something in our DNA or is it just a coincidence?

Another strange occurrence that happens to me is car windows roll down on their own, but just the one I'm closest to. It happens regularly in my car but many times in my moms car too, when I ride in it. It's happened in my aunts car and two of my friends cars. One of the cars is five years old but the others are three years old or newer. I know it's not a short in my car but I seriously doubt it is in the others either. Why would it only happen with the window I'm closest to in each car? In my moms it's happened with each window. It's definitely not a negative or spooky thing and actually it usually happens when I'm cheerful or excited. This has been going on for a few years now.

In the past year, it's been garage doors opening up on their own. This doesn't happen as often as the car windows but a few times a month. (I'm not including the times that I don't have proof someone else wasn't opening it that i just didn't notice) One time I was walking my dog and three doors in a row opened as I was walking by.

I'm not thinking I'm special or magical but wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge on what could make these things happen. Is there some random magnetic energy I inherited? Are they all connected? Like I said, theyre not a scary events.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: makemethink
S&F for this thread. My dad could not wear a watch or have a pocket watch . Of either kind , windup or battery. They would stop within 1 hour , and he would have to rewind up or change the battery. I hope we get an answer .

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This will work for you:

www.citizenwatch.com...

This will sound off but you may have an electrolyte imbalance, particularly blood potassium.

If you start having "irregular and rapid heartbeat" or "anxiety attack symptoms" go get your potassium, renin, and aldosterone checked.

edit on 2-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Has it happened his whole life? Does it happen to anyone else it your family?
Its not such a bad thing... We always have a legitimate reason for being late. 😜

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'll look into Citizen Watches. I was unaware of that technology since I pay no attention to something I wouldn't be able to use. I don't have a clue on what specifically stops working in watches when I (or mom, gma, ggma) wear them but I could see why Citizen could likely make my dream of being a watch wearer true. I love the look of a watch, especially when dressed professionally. My Grandma was one of those people that thought you can tell a lot about someone by the watch they wear. She spent a fortune on them, even though they'd not be functional. Lol. I'm going to do a little more research and purchase one. Maybe even get one for mom for Christmas. Thanks for the info!
I've had at least three physicals since the windows and garages started going up or down by my presence. Just like my knowledge of watches, I know very little about blood panels. The doctor always says they come back looking normal. Would electrolytes and/or potassium unbalances show up on a standard blood test? Me and my other lady watch stopping relatives are/were unusually healthy. Small framed and more toward the petite side. My gma and ggma died without taking more than a couple prescriptions, temporarily, at a time for mild infections. Which is for each living to their late 80's is almost unheard of.
Thanks, again, for the information/advice. I have a physical scheduled for next month and will make a point to ask my physician specifically about my electrolyte and potassium levels.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
All his life , right up till he passed away . He always let everyone know that if they wanted to give him a gift - NO WATCHES.

No one else in the family I know of had this issue(?)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I can't wear a watch for more than a few days before it breaks down.
I've seen a static spark jump from my mom's finger and kill a television.
My grandma had a watch start ticking backwards on her.
I have killed more than one computer.
I also can't wear metal jewelry. It burns my skin.
I've touched door knobs and had the electrical crap knocked out me.
It would seem that some people carry a heavy electrical charge for some reason.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You might try using a Gauss meter or a K2 meter, or any of those tools that measure/detect magnetic fields. Some people have abnormal energy fields around them. Report back if one is detected. Go to an electronics store and tell them to measure you for a magnetic field.
Not sure what their reaction might be, but would be interesting to hear about..You could scare people good with this, and Halloween is coming up soon

I would love to pull up to a gal's car and open her window for her. to talk a moment, but I'm NOT sure that would qualify as a gentleman's gesture in a situation like that.
edit on 3-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
In the early days of the computer industry, this kind of static electricity behavior when certain people touched sensitive equipment was commonplace, and a real problem. Gradually, we learned to put protection circuits (diodes/caps/optical isolation) in the interfaces of any connectivity to other circuitry, and for the computers anyway, the problems went away.

But, they really did not go away for the people that caused it. They still had this incredible affinity for shocking you or getting zapped from other equipment. The science bleeds into conjecture, because they could never really figure out why some people are just friggin electric! The comment in here earlier on electrolyte imbalance by Infolurker is intriguing, and a real possibility, but not proven.
edit on 3-10-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

So it ran on your maternal side, too? Interesting! Are you a female?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hey, mutants. You have to learn to control your powers.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemethink
a reply to: skunkape23

So it ran on your maternal side, too? Interesting! Are you a female?

Nope. I have boy parts.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I know someone who's a manager at Radio Shack. Would they be able to test me? Lol. I'm getting a visual of me asking them and it somehow ends up YouTube being called "dumb blonde thinks Radio Shack is her doctor." Lol. (Do you seriously suggest this?)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Ghost hunter equipment is not sensitive enough. You can do this yourself easily. Get a roll of 22 gauge nichrome copper wire (nickel,chromium and copper) at any electronics supply house. Make a 2 inch loop of 100 turns and connect both ends to a voltmeter set on it's lowest voltage setting (old analog needle type, the best). Suspend it a foot away from anything with something non conductive, like a piece of wood.

Passing your finger through the coil should show some minute reading if there is any electromagnetic charge on you. Some people can make it flip over a volt. It also depends upon walking around the room and building up a charge, so you have to ground yourself first. Simply washing your hands in running tap water will zero you out.

(try both DC and AC setting, for varied results)
(also, scrape nichrome coating off each end that probes are connected to.)

edit on 10-10-2015 by charlyv because: content

edit on 10-10-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemethink

I know someone who's a manager at Radio Shack. Would they be able to test me? Lol. I'm getting a visual of me asking them and it somehow ends up YouTube being called "dumb blonde thinks Radio Shack is her doctor." Lol. (Do you seriously suggest this?)

I see your point. Maybe just find out if they have any Electromagnetic radiation testers, and tell them you have issues in your home's wiring and need to check where it might be coming from, and say you get migraine headaches and vertigo in certain places in the home near the hot water heater, or furnace, or circuit breaker box.. or wherever spot that has some electrical stuff, old wiring or something.

This will take away the possibility they will think you are cookoo hehe

edit on 10-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have to admit I'm surprised to see so many people in this thread who have no doubt about the legitimacy of the OPs claims! I'm not calling the OP or anyone else in this thread a liar, it's just that usually when I stumble across such a thread, it's writhe with skepticism and sarcastic posts. I remember years ago when Discovery Kids was still a channel, it had a paranormal/mystery debunking show called Mystery Hunters. There was an episode about people called "sliders" who seem to be what the OP is describing. People who have the mysterious ability to affect electrical devices around them, such as causing street lights to flicker or shut off when they walk under them. It was the first time I had ever heard of it and thought it was pretty interesting.

On that note, I'd love to see a video of you being able to make car windows roll down just by approaching them! Assuming you don't short out the camera.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

People may have doubts and just not have a need to be rude or be doubtful enough to accuse someone of fraud. This situation doesn't need that kind of response anyways. I feel this person is being honest and just wants some kind people to discuss it in a non threatening environment. The UFO and aliens forum is a great place to see what I mean for the opposite of that.

It is always the ones who have no experience with the subject matter who believe they are the only sane people in those threads.

Going to a doctor or other professional who simply will not understand what is happening without thinking the person is bonkers isn't really a good idea now days..

edit on 10-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Maybe I didn't word it correctly but the windows rolling down is not caused telepathical means. It's not in my control. There's also no other common denominator than me being within inches. If the cars werent all relatively new, I'd write it off as them all just so happen to have shorts. I know it's not something supernatural or anything thatd make me special. I am a caregiver and during this time of night, my sweet client is sleeping so I'm left with my phone to keep me busy. The night I created this post, it crossed my mind to ask here because of the wealth of intelligent members. I was thankful for the first comment, didn't expect more than that. So like you, I'm surprised that so many took time to share their knowledge. I would have never thought of an electrolytes possibly being off balance and think that just may be the culprit. If so, that's an easy fix that otherwise would have gone unnoticed if I didn't, reluctantly, create this this post.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind comment. I was very reluctant to create this post and sound like a nut job. My family has a scientific background and I instinctively want to find conclusions that are proven in that manner. So I don't think I have any superpowers or any other "special" quality that's causing these things. I do, however, like reading other people's point of views. Especially the ones that are nowhere similar to my own (it's the ones with a one dementional thought process or that just don't thinj that drive me nuts). That's why I enjoy scrolling threw ATS. Bottom line, there is so much about this world and life in general that is unknown to us all. Thats what makes living so exciting! Why not do the best we can to teach and learn from one another, about the things we DO know? It's counterproductive to hear with biased ears.
Once again, I appreciate your open mind and kindness.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Your body holds an excessive biokinetic charge--an expanded electromagnetic aura, if you will--that interfaces with and influences objects in your immediate environment.

There's nothing wrong with you, so don't worry. But if you don't already, try practicing meditation methods or Qigong exercises from a book such as Qigong Empowerment. I guarantee with your biokinetic potential you'll see swift and amazing results where you unlock the latent capacities of your mind and help resculpt your spirit into states of greater perfection.

Hope that helps a little!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join