It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality of Decay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Evil atrophies incessantly.

Corruption consumes itself.

These simple truths are well-known and easily-observed by anyone who contemplates societies and cultures built upon less than benevolent premises. And these obvious realities are clearly existent throughout the society in which we currently reside.

For those ensconced within the bowels of western civilization, we see that collapse happening around us all the time. And the cannibalistic consumption of our so-called societal structures are happening around us right now.

Governments are over-indebted, economic systems are teetering and collapsing, and populations are operating from states of escalating apathy and rising discontent. Real incomes are falling and optimism is declining, and corporations and politicians are becoming increasingly and openly corrupt.

These are the signs of a decaying society--the inevitable collapse of states and nations built upon a quicksand morass of unstable foundations that disregard benevolence and eschew ethics. And the very existence of this encroaching and pervasive atrophy is symptomatic of societies and civilizations utterly lacking in morality.

And that reality should be evidently clear--because anything that rests upon a firm base of moral behavior can sustain itself from now into eternity.

Just imagine a nation where food and energy and housing and all the basics of life are freely provided through sustainable means. Could you ever envision such a society collapsing from internal forces? Could you ever picture that population growing discontent with lives of leisure where they never needed toil at meaningless jobs and had all that free time to devote towards projects of immense innovation and composite creativity?

Love perpetuates love, kindness engenders kindness, light enlivens more of itself. Thus creating a world upon those essential foundations of compassion and care is the only way towards manifesting a world that will perpetuate itself into the infinite future.

So knowing that, take a look at how badly everything within this world is falling apart. Then examine the underlying motives upon which those and almost every prior civilization has been built. You'll see states and nations founded upon aggression and egocentricism and ceaseless displays of copious consumption and endless greed.

Time and again throughout history, warmongering and decadent civilizations like those have risen.

And time and again, those unethical societies eventually crumble and fall apart.

A common maxim is "those who neglect the study of history are doomed to repeat it." Well, consider that for a few moments and you'll swift realize: We've several thousand years of recorded history at our fingertips... and every time a society builds itself upon corrupt ethics and decaying morals, it inevitably collapses.

This has happened time and again. This is an inevitability that none can contest.

Any student of history realizes that evil and corrupt civilizations atrophy and consume themselves.

And right now, we're all on the verge of living through yet another collapse of more failed states that built themselves upon crumbling bases of decadence and corruption rather than striving from the beginning for benevolence and love.

That's a lesson we should all take unto heart, because that's a reality that'll perpetually be confronting us all. Because when it comes down to it, we the people decide in what type of society we're willing to live.

Thus when we tolerate corruption and chaos within our civilization, it's inevitable that eventually those structures will all collapse.

And not until we learn that lesson well and start demanding a world based on selfless love and unconditional compassion will we ever reshape this world in sustainable forms towards crafting an apex civilization in which we can all live peacefully--and of which we can all be proud.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm good kicking it on my smartphone that rival supercomputers of decades prior, from the comfort of an air conditioned room that didn't exist a century ago, communicating globally with protocols non existent half a century ago.

Listening to people gripe is one choice. I'd rather not. I think the evil is just a funny word for a force we don't care to understand too well. That whole yin and yang. Need the destruction to keep from stagnation and continue growth.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I'm good kicking it on my smartphone that rival supercomputers of decades prior, from the comfort of an air conditioned room that didn't exist a century ago, communicating globally with protocols non existent half a century ago.

Listening to people gripe is one choice. I'd rather not. I think the evil is just a funny word for a force we don't care to understand too well. That whole yin and yang. Need the destruction to keep from stagnation and continue growth.

But you don't need give up your smartphone or your air conditioning or your Internet.

We can have all those things whilst living within a benevolent society instead of one founded on insanity and evil.

And do we really need to keep having decaying nation-states built upon a foundation of corruption and greed? How many times should we be banging our head into that particular brick wall before we decide that isn't the best direction towards creating a sustainable future for humanity?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

I think you really believe that, but it's not realistic anytime soon. Bands can organize in anarchy, large populations can't. When you know everyone personally, you can remain benevolent and naive. To stay so in a large city is the real insanity.

Just go out to a small town. If you're accepted, you will be loved as if an extended family or at least be given decency and respect that doesn't often happen in large cities. All of this is rather predictable based on laws of physics, biology, and understanding of energy systems at play. You see the same "evil" and what may appear on the surface as "insanity" in simpler lifeforms all around us. We seem to do the exact same as most other life, though fool ourselves with beliefs rationalizations, and self-delusions to feel as if we are somehow better.

Let me ask you this. If it could be done, why doesn't it exist anywhere on the planet? Nicer societies fall prey to "stronger" ones, because they objectively are weaker. It's a complex mix that goes on from levels of socioeconomic status with varying rules applied or broken. I think it's delusional to expect this to change without a massive influx in resources and energy into the system which human beings utilize.

This "insanity" keeps civilization rolling, and this "evil" keeps societies from regressing. Instead, there is what seems to be cyclical, but is ultimately always expanding when we take a longer range view. Good thoughts, but maybe more time to be spent thinking this through.

top topics

join