It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if humanity encounter a primitive extraterrestrial civilization?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Is it possible that there are primitive extraterrestrial civilizations?

Now a lot of people portray extraterrestrials as technologically advanced. Now what if there are some extraterrestrial civilizations that are primitive?

Like Extraterrestrials that is technologically in the level of Hunter Gatherers and the Middle Ages?

However, what if humanity come into close contact with them?

One of my greatest fear was due to humanity's savage nature they would try to seek to brutally subjugate that civilization.

A lot of people may argue that humanity might evolve into compassionate beings by the time they reach the cosmos but the cynical side on me says no matter what we do, there's always going to be darkness on our hearts.

I mean look at history and today humanity can't get along with each other because of stupid reasons like race, religion, and class. If humans encounter extraterrestrials it would be worse because humans would justify their brutality against them by saying that they are not humans.
edit on 2-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Clearly we enslave them, have them worship us and use their planet and goods.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yeah but some people would say that no we would follow the Prime Directive. In my opinion that is naive thinking because as history show humans aren't so kind to their own primitive civilizations. Just look at the European Powers when they invaded Africa and many other regions around the world.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Do they taste nice?.
Basic first question.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If we ever did contact them then it would most likely be by some very educated and well organized people. It would be very regulated and governed. Not a free for all like we would have seen in avatar.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Clearly we enslave them, have them worship us and use their planet and goods.

That seems reasonable.

Don't forget that we should also have some people go against the grain and protest that these aliens are somehow more "spiritually superior" to us and that we should listen to take at face value their old origin stories and pray to their old gods, because obviously ours are too male and Eurocentric to be believable.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If they already have an existing civilization...i.e. villages, plant crops, etc. We would probably assist them by teaching new techniques and technologies.

If they were only slightly more advanced than, say, chimpanzees...we would probably protect them and study them...but we would protect them.

When scientists encounter previously unknown primitive tribes in the rain-forests, they don't enslave them.

We've even put Bigfoot on the protected species list...making it a crime to shoot one, even though nobody has even proven they're real.
edit on 2-10-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Is it possible that there are primitive extraterrestrial civilizations?

Now a lot of people portray extraterrestrials as technologically advanced. Now what if there are some extraterrestrial civilizations that are primitive?

Like Extraterrestrials that is technologically in the level of Hunter Gatherers and the Middle Ages?

However, what if humanity come into close contact with them?

There are, we call them governments, all aptly explained by yourself in the above above!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If they didn't think like "us," would we even call them civilized?

What is the measuring stick? The ability to live in a group? Use tools? Govern themselves?

I think our history tells you what we'd do... Enslave or kill them, and take their stuff "for the greater good."

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

If we ever did contact them then it would most likely be by some very educated and well organized people. It would be very regulated and governed. Not a free for all like we would have seen in avatar.

indeed then the cooperation's will get involved and their planet will be asset stripped its our nature ask the American Indians north and south or most of Africa or the millions of Chinese or Indian workers getting shafted today its the natural order
the strong exploit the weak and humans have had thousands of years practice and we have become exceedingly proficient at it!

off world will be no different if when we get out there if they are less advanced than we are they are screwed
we would only play nice if we came across a race that's ahead of us and then only until we steal their tech
remember our corporate owners have NO morals at all none and will screw over anyone or anything in the endless pursuits of power profit and advantage.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

"We would give them money we don't have, spy on them, introduce them to Jesus and take their oil" - US Government

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If there were riches (like rare elements) "we" (I.e. big corporations) would send them "gods", i.e. some human/robots that would look supernatural to them in order to subjugate them and fulfill "our" goals, such as easing the harvest of these resources.

If not we would send a lot of cameras and do some huge reality show, and make human people to vote for stuff that should happen there, like external events able to entertain us.

edit on 2-10-2015 by Vastator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
here's a though if the annunaki were real then they did to us what we will do to the first civilisation we come across

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Orson Scot Card's book "Speaker For the Dead" deals with a situation like this. It is the story that comes after "Ender's Game". What do humans do when they encounter a more primitive species than themselves? They wiped out the only other intelligent species they had run into...

Good book, very different than Ender's Game though.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well isn't that the same thing that happened to us?
We called them gods and today most of the religions are based on them.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Depends on your flavor of sci-fi turned reality. Are we space faring by way of corporations looking to better their own interests or are we some sort of grown up United species all about the P.L.U.R and stuff.

Seems it could go either way. I'd like to think we'd not eat their delicious tender meat or annihilate for precious resources, but don't put it past us.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Indeed but unless "they" come here first i think it will be a mil/bizz joint effort down to the huge costs
and because of this it wont happen unless there is a profit to be made pure research like the mars rovers
will always take the back seat.

you watch if/when we get a permanent foothold on Mars the next thing that happens will be mining
for minerals and metals because you can bet there will be all of the valuable materials there that there are here
gold silver diamonds uranium etc the first corp to stake a claim to a continent size chunk of land up there
with proven mineral stocks potentially becomes the richest corp on earth instantly it will be like
the old west on a planetary scale

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Great question.

My advice is to take the time to understand energy as it relates to time.

You're going to find that humans aren't the only ones on the internet once you learn how it works..

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thing is our interpretation of what is civilized or primitive may be completely different to them.
What if they are hundreds of thousands of years ahead of us socially but not technologically? could we even tell If they are?.

Also a massive thing whether you can admit or not is If they are cute or not.
edit on 2-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ask the Native Americans how they fared under a more technological invasion by the white man.

Think anything has changed? I don't....
edit on 2-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join