It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Announces 52 weeks Parental Leave and Unlimited Time-Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hey mods....wasn't sure where to put this topic so please feel free to move it, if necessary.

I actually saw this news somewhere else, but I can't post it on ATS so I had to look up another source to post from (seen below)

This Company Is Giving New Parents a Full Year of Paid Leave

So I've heard a lot of comments about this alleged 'ground-breaking' new benefit. Personally, I don't think it will work out the way everyone thinks it will. There is always a fine line between what is acceptable employee leave and when the company is taking a step backwards due to lost productivity.

I get the 52 week leave after the birth/adoption of a child....but unlimited time off??? No....I don't buy it as something that will stick.

And how resentful will the 52 weeks off be for someone who doesn't have children?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
While that is their decision to make.

That isn't going to last too long.

Now if everyone followed suit there would be no one working.

Small scale?

No problems, as long as there is manpower to cover it.

Large scale ?

Absolutely FORGET ABOUT IT.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You still read stories about how vets that are in the National Guard or Reserves getting canned if they're gone for active duty for 2 weeks. And they think 52 weeks will fly?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
While that is their decision to make.

That isn't going to last too long.

Now if everyone followed suit there would be no one working.

Small scale?

No problems, as long as there is manpower to cover it.

Large scale ?

Absolutely FORGET ABOUT IT.

How about money to cover it? Paid leave!

Companies competing to let people have pay without work maybe the point is another step in crashing our economy.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Gates can afford it.

Others not so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The worst example of working business models come from government agencies and charities.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I doubt women are going to WANT to get pregnant so they won't have to work for a year.

Having to be pregnant for 9 months and then raise a child for 18 years isn't worth milking your employer for a year off work. Besides that, the entire year you're not working you are taking care of a newborn. That in and of itself isn't exactly the most fun thing to do with one's time.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I guess that's only for their U.S. Workers

All those who work for them in the third world will still get their Two dollars a week

Great man, what a hero

top topics

join