It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West should compensate Russia for fighting terrorists in Syria: Pundit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

There is a significant difference between NONE and one or two, though.

Btw, who provided the info you are relying on?

My source was the one FlySolo used and you had no problems with it when he used it, why is it bad when I use it? My initial statement said 1, are you denying that?

What are you talking about. I qouted your entire sentence and bolded the part THAT YOU LEFT OUT.

Wth?

I left nothing out. The full sentence means Russia attacked ISIS once, it's clear as day. The only way you can get zero, like you do, is to cut out the last half of the sentence. You quoted the whole sentence, bolded only the first half, and then responded as if that was all that was written.

The entire sentence leaves no confusion, there was one attack. Within a few minutes I agreed new inforation shows there is now 2. The only one twisting things is you to fit your apologist agenda.

Care to explain why Russia is attacking rebels and then claiming they hit ISIS?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Russia is doing what I would do if I were there - consolidating Assad held territtory and then expanding back on militant held territory.

It would be a big mistake and a lie for anyone to claim that Russia is only targeting ISIS - it isn't. Anyone opposed to Assad is getting aimed at.

Maybe, just maybe if America sat down with Putin, they could do the same thing from the Iraqi side and together push ISIS right back to the Syrian / Iraqi border and finish them off.

But then, I guess that makes too much sense to actually work.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yeah they would have to actually stop have a who has the bigger willy competition though.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Russia is doing what I would do if I were there - consolidating Assad held territtory and then expanding back on militant held territory.

It would be a big mistake and a lie for anyone to claim that Russia is only targeting ISIS - it isn't. Anyone opposed to Assad is getting aimed at.

Maybe, just maybe if America sat down with Putin, they could do the same thing from the Iraqi side and together push ISIS right back to the Syrian / Iraqi border and finish them off.

No, America doesn't want Assad in power.

Russia is doing what is in Russia's best interest. I am merely pointing out when the US says one thing with another goal people jump all over them. Russia is talking up ISIS to get political points and a false moral high ground, and then doing what they planned all along, killing Assad's opposition.

I don't blame Russia for it, I simply hate the hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yeah they would have to actually stop have a who has the bigger willy competition though.

There is no competition, America does. It's simply not relevant to the topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: markosity1973

No, America doesn't want Assad in power.

Russia is doing what is in Russia's best interest. I am merely pointing out when the US says one thing with another goal people jump all over them. Russia is talking up ISIS to get political points and a false moral high ground, and then doing what they planned all along, killing Assad's opposition.

I don't blame Russia for it, I simply hate the hypocrisy.

Yeah there are always geopolitical ulterior motives when super powers get involved. But honestly, was Syria and it's Russian base at Latakia really a threat to anyone?

And who is America to pass judgement on a leader from foreign territory. It does not sit well with me that any nation gets to remove leaders from power. That should always be something that is done internally without outside interference.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I mostly agree. I would prefer to just build a wall around the middle east.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I mostly agree. I would prefer to just build a wall around the middle east.

IMO, squash ISIS because we (the west) helped create it, intentionally or not. Then get the hell out of there and leave them to it. And leave Syria to sort out their leadership issues by themselves.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I left nothing out.

Wow, in denial much?

Original comment,

Russia is not even attacking ISIS, I think only 1 of like 22 strikes targeted ISIS.

Fabricated comment,

I believe 1 in 22 strikes

Now is there an obvious difference between the two, or not, hmm?

The full sentence means Russia attacked ISIS once, it's clear as day. The only way you can get zero, like you do, is to cut out the last half of the sentence.

But you said that it didn't attack IS, which means zero.....

You claim there is to change the subject and remove the focus from the fact that 90+% of the strikes are not against ISIS.

Noone is trying to keep this(that they are attacking all enemies of Assad) a secret.

Care to explain why Russia is attacking rebels and then claiming they hit ISIS?

Can you first post a source that is claiming this?

My source was the one FlySolo used and you had no problems with it when he used it, why is it bad when I use it? My initial statement said 1, are you denying that?

What source did you both use that gave the number of 1 in 20?
edit on 4-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Can you first post a source that is claiming this?

I already did and will not waste time on a trolling apologist posting it yet again after you ignored the question over and over.

Care to explain why Russia is attacking rebels and then claiming they hit ISIS? It's been sourced, you responded to the comment where I sourced it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I already did and will not waste time on a trolling apologist posting it yet again after you ignored the question over and over.

I think you are definitely crossing the line here.

I am trolling? This stupid discussion is the result of you making stupid statements that contradict themselves, and lying about it afterwards.

And what is there to apologise for? There is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

I will look for that source.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Is that quote good enough for you?

Is that qoute about what Putin said? i asked for a source where Putin stated such a thing, since you claimed he did.

Only talking about ISIS.

Yes, who is? Not Putin.

Except that is Aleppo and it was not ISIS they attacked

So where is the source that proves this, or even attempts to prove this?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave
I will link it one last time.

Russian Air Force destroys ISIS command center, training camp (VIDEO)

www.rt.com...

Except that is Aleppo and it was not ISIS they attacked.
edit on 4-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes, I have seen the RT source.....

My question is, who says that it wasn't ISIS they attacked?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Yes, I have seen the RT source.....

My question is, who says that it wasn't ISIS they attacked?

Everyone who has access to a map says it.

Aleppo and Idlib are not in the ISIS controlled areas. ISIS is to the East of Aleppo. Yet Russia claimed both were ISIS targets, when in fact neither were.

They might as well attack Ukraine and claim it's ISIS. Seriously, we already went over this pages ago. It's like you are being intentionally obtuse.

These strikes are concentrated in northwestern Syria, particularly in rebel-held areas of Idlib Province and the northern countryside of Hama Province.

iswresearch.blogspot.com...
edit on 4-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

If you google there are lots of recent reports of IS presence in Alleppo.

You are making assumptions based on some map that was obsolete as soon as it was made. Or incorrect.

REUTERS - Syrian government forces used newly arrived Russian warplanes to bombard Islamic State fighters in Aleppo province in northern Syria, a group monitoring the conflict said on Thursday, in an attempt to break a siege on a nearby air base.

The air strikes, which began earlier this week, were accompanied by ground attacks near the Kweiris air base in the east of Aleppo province, where government troops have long been surrounded by Islamist militants, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

www.reuters.com...

ISIS is to the East of Aleppo

It is IN the East of Alleppo.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: RogueWave
I will link it one last time.

Russian Air Force destroys ISIS command center, training camp (VIDEO)

www.rt.com...

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it seems you only look in one direction and refuse to accept alternative sources.

Aleppo Aug 2015

Aleppo, Syria – After suffering heavy losses in the northern countryside of Aleppo, militants of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) renewed their attacks on positions of Syrian rebel fighters, military sources said on Saturday.

IS militants seized control of Talalin village in the vicinity of Marea town north Aleppo, after clashes with rebel fighters of al-Shamiya Front.

Speaking to ARA News, Shamiya fighter Ali Shabaan said: “Our fighters we obliged to withdraw from Talalin due to the intensity of shelling by Daesh (IS).”

Shamiya rebels left their headquarters in Talalin and withdrew towards Marea town.

“With the return of Daesh to the area, the strategic town of Marea is in danger. We are fighting on two major fronts in Aleppo province; pro-Assad forces on the one hand and Daesh (IS) on the other,” Shabaan said.

Other IS controlled areas under attack:

As the third week of the Jaysh Al-Fatah offensive sets to begin, the Islamist groups that form this militant coalition have begun to experience a string of defeats at the hands of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and National Defense Forces (NDF) in the southern part of the Jisr Al-Shughour District.

syrianfreepress.wordpress.com...

BEIRUT: At least 12 Daesh members have been killed in Russia’s first airstrikes on the terrorist faction’s main Syrian bastion, a monitoring group said on Friday.

Russian air attacks also targeted the Army of Conquest, the most powerful coalition battling Syrian regime forces in the northwest, a security source on the ground said.
The Defense Ministry in Moscow confirmed it had carried out strikes on Raqqa province on Thursday, as well as raids on the provinces of Aleppo in the north, Idlib in the northwest and Hama in central Syria.

www.arabnews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Even flysolo thought having almost every attack against rebels not ISIS sounded totally off.

Yes, I thought it sounded off because it was..erm you were off. Now I'm researching your claims and am finding you're not actually researching anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

And if you think the Muslim world is going sit by while Russia kills Syrian Civilians that are no where near ISIS targets in large numbers you are sadly mistaken.

That's pretty naive. First, you're just parroting western propaganda re: the civilians. Have you checked the news lately what happened in Afghanistan? US bombing a doctors without borders hospital. Yeah, apologists alright...

Second. The Muslim world doesn't give a crap about civilians being bombed anyway. They kill each other. What do you think would happen if Russia accidentally kills civilians? Are you suggesting they'll take up arms over it? lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Russian air attacks also targeted the Army of Conquest, the most powerful coalition battling Syrian regime forces in the northwest, a security source on the ground said.
The Defense Ministry in Moscow confirmed it had carried out strikes on Raqqa province on Thursday, as well as raids on the provinces of Aleppo in the north, Idlib in the northwest and Hama in central Syria.

Your source.

The Army of Conquest is not Daesh; they are a loose affiliation of groups that oppose Assad.

What are its aims?

Some of its fighters want to found an Islamist government in Syria, while others want a secular state. But they are united in opposing both the Assad government and the Islamic State, the jihadist group that holds large areas of Syria and Iraq and has declared a caliphate there.

What has the alliance accomplished?

By working together, the Army of Conquest has racked up victories over Mr. Assad’s forces this year, seizing Idlib, a provincial capital; the strategic town of Jisr al-Shughour; and a number of other military positions, mostly in Idlib Province. More recently, it has challenged government forces in Latakia Province, the heartland of Mr. Assad’s Alawite sect and a stronghold of his supporters, posing the most serious threat to the government in that area since the civil war began in 2011. The alliance’s forces in Latakia were the targets of some of the Russian airstrikes on Thursday.

www.nytimes.com...

Russia is not fighting terrorists, it is supporting Assad's regime. Is this worth the loss of face in the Arab world?
edit on 4-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join