It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West should compensate Russia for fighting terrorists in Syria: Pundit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
As for the op topic -

Does this mean Israel has a right to demand compensation from Iran and Syria over their support of Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists?

Well, that's not really comparing apples to apples. US let the genie out of the bottle and don't know how to get it back in. Russia is pretty much fixing that. At minimum, they should be saying thanks.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Given that the Saudis are behind the islamist mess, Saudi Arabia should compensate THE REST OF THE PLANET for the refugees, injured, dead, destruction their clusterf*ck ideology is causing.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

that too

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Given that the Saudis are behind the islamist mess, Saudi Arabia should compensate THE REST OF THE PLANET for the refugees, injured, dead, destruction their clusterf*ck ideology is causing.

That regime will fall soon enough, no outside intervention necessary.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

As a matter of fact is comparing apples to apples.

Syria considers armed rebel groups in Syria as terrorist.
Israel considers the armed rebel groups in Israel as terrorists.

The US is being accused of supplying weapons to groups of people Syria Iran and Russia consider terrorists and they think the Us should compensate for that.

Syria and Iran send weapons to groups, like Hamas and Hezbollah, to attack the Israeli government.

People claim the current Syrian government is the legitimate government in Syria.
The government of Israel is the legitimate government in Israel.

So again -
If they think compensation is required because of what's going on in Syria then Israel can make that very same case and if Iran/Syria/Russia push that position then Israel should push theirs.

edit on 3-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm not quite following your logic. If say Russia was battling Hezbollah for Israel, then Israel would owe Russia compensation, not Iran or Syria. Russia is the one helping, not causing the problem. And I would hardly say Israel is being attacked.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is what's in the article -

The United States and its Western allies should compensate Russian President Vladimir Putin for the costly military intervention to destroy terrorist groups operating in Syria, a writer and activist based in Boston says.

Russia has carried out airstrikes since Wednesday against the Daesh Takfiri terrorists (ISIL or ISIS) near the city of Homs in western Syria.

The Russian strikes have drawn criticism from Western governments and their allies in the Middle East, which have been supporting the militants operating in the region.

Moscow is “helping an ally who is under attack from a foreign mercenary army,” Daniel Patrick Welch told Press TV on Friday.

Israel is under attack from foreign mercenaries, namely Hamas and Hezbollah.
Syria is under attack from foreign mercenaries, namely the rebels who want Assad gone.

If the argument is going to be the US should compensate Russia because of the actions of the rebels then Israel should be compensated from Iran and Syria because of their support for Hamas and Hezbollah.

The only difference thus far is Israel is able to defend itself. Syria - not so much.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Assad family has been in power in Syria for more than 4 decades. Even if they steal $1B a year with interest or ROI, the accumulation should be $100B and more. Assads should make sure they compensate Moscow for beating up the ISIS.

It only makes sense. Syria as a nation is hollow but am sure Assads have some serious dough stashed in places around the world.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Who said this? Russia will pay for this. Just like they did with Crimea. Putin is a smart man. EX-GB. Observe the construction of the pipeline

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well how about Russia start compensating somebody for letting that flood of volunteers join ISIS. For propping up a dictator that is so hated by his own people that a man who had and army of 350,000 men against unarmed protesters now owes his safety to Iran, Hezbollah and Russia.

We know from NGOs on the ground that Russia is just bombing random places and using dumb bombs to do so. Granted Russia force is small and worthless against ISIS. When you are used to dealing with precision guided munitions, dumb bombs are a walk in the park.

What will be interesting is when Russian planes start getting shot down. Because somebody is going to give the rebels anti air systems.

Russia is in a dangerous spiral that I fear will end up with a break up of Russia itself if it is not stopped soon. With the Russian troops first refusing to fight in Ukraine and a now Syria and popular opinion not in support of Assad it makes one wonder how long Putin can hold it together at home.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

We know from NGOs on the ground that Russia is just bombing random places and using dumb bombs to do so.

Whaaa? Now you've lost all credibility and I didn't even finish reading what you wrote. That is so false I don't even want to respond anymore

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Russia is not even attacking ISIS, I think only 1 of like 22 strikes targeted ISIS.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Source?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Source?

Pretty hard to be attacking ISIS when the strikes are not done in territory ISIS controls.

British Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said military intelligence suggested suggested only one in 20 Russian air attacks so far had been on targets to damage IS.

Russia earlier said its aircraft had hit IS command centres, arms depots and military vehicles. Targets included the IS stronghold of Raqqa, but also Aleppo, Hama and Idlib - provinces with little IS presence.

In a statement earlier this week, the US, UK, Turkey and other members of the coalition targeting IS with air strikes called on Russia to cease air strikes they said were hitting the Syrian opposition and civilians, adding that they would "only fuel more extremism".

www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

That's interesting. Don't mind if I fact check that myself do you? Not saying it isn't true but Putin did say he was going to prop Assad. And that means take out all of US paid mercenaries.

In a statement earlier this week, the US, UK, Turkey and other members of the coalition targeting IS with air strikes called on Russia to cease air strikes they said were hitting the Syrian opposition and civilians, adding that they would "only fuel more extremism".

Yeah that was hot right off the presses before any strikes were done. Look, US has had 1 year and 5000 strikes and ISIL is still growing. I'd say US isn't doing well at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

That's interesting. Don't mind if I fact check that myself do you? Not saying it isn't true but Putin did say he was going to prop Assad. And that means take out all of US paid mercenaries.

No, it means all opposition, which includes Syrians fighting for freedom. So far what it doesn't mean is ISIS, as Putin barely touched them.
edit on 4-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

We know from NGOs on the ground that Russia is just bombing random places and using dumb bombs to do so. Granted Russia force is small and worthless against ISIS. When you are used to dealing with precision guided munitions, dumb bombs are a walk in the park.

Just goes to show how dumb the US has to be, still hitting hospitals even though the bombs are smart.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

But the BBC is a government owned propaganda channel!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

But the BBC is a government owned propaganda channel!

Great, show me where they have been bombing then, use a non government owned channel.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Does this mean we should also reimburse Russia for the fine work they did in Afghanistan?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join