It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon gunman had cache of weapons and ammo at apartment shared with his mother.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The military booted him after 30 days and i believe it was for personality disorder.

"A personality disorder is grounds for discharge only when “a diagnosis by a psychiatrist or psychologist…concludes that the disorder is so severe that the member’s ability to function effectively in the military environment is significantly impaired.”"

If the discharged him in 30 days and the military paperwork for this type discharge in well know to take around 3 weeks he was a real nut case.

This leads me to believe the government knew the guy had a mental health disorder and never told the proper agencys that the person should not own guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: DelMarvel

The military booted him as well.

He failed out of Relaxin Jackson.

I mean come on!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

13 Firearms a cache does not make

I disagree, especially for a fairly young person. It's sad Americans are so twisted that so many of us can't see obvious realities. Young people should spend their money on education and their future instead of stupid guns. No wonder our country is so screwed up.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Lots of young Americans have spent borrowed money and have a bleak future of repaying those debts.
Guns are actually a very good investment today.
In fact, I just bought a brand new stupid smith and Wesson this week.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'll bet he was on anti-depressants.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

I read in a few reports that he was wearing a piece of body armor when shot. Looks like he was just stockpiling or...it was for someone else.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes the debt our kids are getting is the problem, not the education.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes the debt our kids are getting is the problem, not the education.

Well...Debt AND deciding it was a good idea to borrow ten times their earning potential to get a degree in music.

If I were that stupid I'd be on anti-depressants too.
edit on pFri, 02 Oct 2015 21:40:49 -050020152America/Chicago2015-10-02T21:40:49-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Still a problem with the cost of said education.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I can easily go though 500 rounds on a lets go shoot day, so for me to have 5000 rounds for just one gun is not something I find out of the ordinary when many people would find 500 rounds as almost criminal.

The problem here is there is a fine line between thought police and someone who truly needs to stay away from guns. That same person should most likely stay way from anything sharp and vehicles too.

I'm actually surprise we do not have a lot more of these types of incidences due to the sheer numbers of 330 million people and 300 million guns. I don't think people can truly comprehend those numbers and to have 10 people per year go wacko is still crazy low even though they are all tragedies in nature.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Still a problem with the cost of said education.

Can't disagree with you there.

But they kind of have people trapped.

Also everyone is too good for vocational training any more.

I know this is off topic and I apologize.

But the Oregon Asshole(As I shall forever refer to him), wasn't really having a tough time with school or anything. He was mentally ill, the army knew, the mom he lived with knew, and no one did anything.

Mental health is the one constant in all of these cases that goes largely ignored because its easier for idiots to argue over guns than it is to say "Hey, if the NICS check disqualifies a person from buying a gun for mental health reasons, why is it that the FBI or State Police never have that information?"

I'm not talking about bouts of mild depression or needing a sleep aid here and there either. I'm talking about personality disorders, psychosis, and so on that has been diagnosed.
edit on pFri, 02 Oct 2015 22:02:19 -050020152America/Chicago2015-10-02T22:02:19-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: DelMarvel

The military booted him as well.

Booted him, or pretended to boot him? ...hello Lee Harvey Oswold, Tim McVeigh, etc.

Actually he didn't make it out of basic training. According to milestones report he entered in Nov. 5, 2008 and was booted on Dec. 11, 2008.
Daily News Milestones

Seriously though, he seems like a prime candidate for being pushed over the edge into acting out. Not sure what his real motivation was, that still doesn't seem clear.

He definitely has emotional issues - he attended a special school in California for students with emotional needs, the Switzer Learning Center. It's apparent that the discussion we should be having is about mental health in the USA, not gun registries, gun lists, gun licenses. But agenda is as agenda does.
edit on 2-10-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It is shocking to think a human would take basic to be a clerk...at LEAST I get wear a cool HAT,but a CUBICAL SLAVE?
edit on 2-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

They're working on that little gem too..www.slate.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Ridiculing the word "cache" by trying to imply the number of guns this person had was too insignificant to count as a cache is completely irrelevant. The fact he had any gun available for his planned and executed mass murder is certainly alarming.

For me, one gun in the home is a frightening proposition with all kinds of deadly possibilities. I am part of a family that hunts and are responsible gun owners who teach the kids gun safety from the git go. They don't say ridiculous things that minimize the danger, in fact, they emphasize it, and make the kids repeat the rules over and over.

edit on 2-10201510-1515 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

a reply to: joemoe

GEEZE, I feel impotent I'M happy with 7.
Better get MORE to keep up with the Joneses huh?

I am a "use only" type of guy with guns. Not saying how many I have, but there are only 4 that I actually use. Knives are a different beast for me....collection is more than I can count and all customs but I rotate and use almost all of them. As far as guns, I have shot enough to know what I can count on and that is what is readily accessible. If I did have a "cache" it would be secured in vault and only accessed if a SHTF type of scenario....now this isn't to say they are not cleaned and checked on a regular basis.....

Now as far as having a kid that has mental issues having access to any of them....not going to happen. While I can understand some people are not as keen and adept as spotting a mental illness, I would never give the key/combination to any safe/vault I may have to anyone.

If I die, they will have to bring a safecracker/vault hammer to get to them....hopefully that is enough to deter....but that is assuming I actually have anything I am talking about.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Also everyone is too good for vocational training any more.

I think a problem with this is that lots of it is going to for profit schools, which means you end up paying about the same.

"Hey, if the NICS check disqualifies a person from buying a gun for mental health reasons, why is it that the FBI or State Police never have that information?"

Yes, that is a very serious question.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I would never give the key/combination to any safe/vault I may have to anyone.

If I die, they will have to bring a safecracker/vault hammer to get to them....hopefully that is enough to deter....but that is assuming I actually have anything I am talking about.

My kids do not know my combo to my safe... I have 2 handguns accessible as protection, and all my other guns including my ammo is in my safe. If anyone in my house had mental issues at any level I would have everything in my safe.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If that was what they call a cache, I must have an armory...

beat me to it Blunt...I wonder what they would call 150 stuffed 223 mags?

edit on 3-10-2015 by ReadLeader because: Dyslexia

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Why is body armor allowed for purchase by the public? Law enforcement agencies provide it for their employees, right? So what purpose would a normal, sane gun owner have for it? Just curious..

for protection from the police.
:

edit on 3-10-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join