It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon gunman had cache of weapons and ammo at apartment shared with his mother.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

Shouldn't you?

What facts do you have that are different?

They are saying he had guns ammo and vests, please say other wise and how you know.

And ?

Just because a person has that stuff must make them psycho killers.

That's the case do you view the cops and the military the same way?

ALL of that stuff is subject to FEDERAL,STATE, and LOCAL LAWS.

And doesn't make a criminal, and it doesn't make a psycho killer.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

A big fat "YES" to this!!

Ted Bundy went to his execution with his mother still thinking he was good boy...

There are plenty of parents/family members out there who believe "he/she would never do anything like that," even with bloody evidence staring them in the face.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: opethPA

How do we know that was his intention? Maybe he just had a few firearms like anyone else. Why should we concentrate our attention to his firearms when we should be looking into why he committed this horrible crime.

Yet it's wasn't me who said "13 firearms a cache does not make"

Im with you 100% in saying the focus should be on why he committed this horrible crime but I like facts and the facts are by the definition of the words he had both a cache and or stockpile of weapons and ammunition.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Just because a person has that stuff must make them psycho killers.

And there go the goal post.
I didn't say anything that you just said.
You said they are sensationalizing it, I asked you how and you said they needed to use facts.

But shouldn't the media use facts rather than supposition?

What supposition are they using?
edit on ndFri, 02 Oct 2015 15:35:33 -0500America/Chicago1020153380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
For the people saying it's the media incorrectly using cache do you actually know what the definition of that word is ?My guess is you don't because if you did then you would know it's valid.

Cache: A hiding place for supplies, weapons, ammunition , food.

lets look at the synonyms of cache..

Synonyms: hoard, stockpile, reserve, store.

I know it's it almost a requirement on ATS to blame the media no matter what they do but this case it doesn't seem valid.

Obviously my cache is ridiculously small...I need to get to work on that pronto!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This doesn't really have anything to do with a semantic debate about what the definition of a cache is. We're talking about a young loner that the family knew was mentally ill who had weapons, ammo and body armor in an apartment with his mother. It's a question of common sense and responsibilty.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I would prefer the actual number of rounds.

Not a word that is open to 'interpretation'.

Now what if I told you.

I had lots, of guns,anmo, and bullet 'proof' vests.

Does that make me a psycho killer ?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No, it it doesn't.
Already answered that, you trying to bait?

So you don't know the number but are assuming they are sensationalizing?

Funny, how you don't have the facts but want to say they are the ones that are twisting it.
You would fit right in with the media.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So you don't know the number but are assuming they are sensationalizing?

Yeah they ARE.

Funny, how you don't have the facts but want to say they are the ones that are twisting it.

They are twisting it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

HOW?

What do you know that we don't that shows they are twisting it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Why should we concentrate our attention to his firearms when we should be looking into why he committed this horrible crime.

Been there, done that. Some just don't care. Anything said against guns is to be shut/shouted down. Look at this thread. Arguing over what a "cache" is.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Why should we concentrate our attention to his firearms when we should be looking into why he committed this horrible crime.

Been there, done that. Some just don't care. Anything said against guns is to be shut/shouted down. Look at this thread. Arguing over what a "cache" is.

I could care less about guns, I am neither for them nor against them. I have never owned one nor have I ever held one and would not lose sleep either way if that stays the same or I purchased one next week..

Users on this thread claimed that the shooter didn't have a cache of weapons and I replied with the definition which showed he did.

if you have any issue with anything about this topic it shouldn't be something as cut and dried as that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

if you have any issue with anything about this topic it shouldn't be something as cut and dried as that.

That's my point. Anything said against guns are immediately met with BS and semantics.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

That's my point. Anything said against guns are immediately met with BS and semantics.

Except I didn't say anything against guns because as I said, I have no stance on guns either way.
A user incorrectly said the word cache was used so I gave him the definition of cache.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This might explain why the dad had no comments. Son with mental health issues and a firearms. How could he not know and not be concerned.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why is body armor allowed for purchase by the public? Law enforcement agencies provide it for their employees, right?

So what purpose would a normal, sane gun owner have for it? Just curious..
edit on 10/2/2015 by Olivine because: spelling flub

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Why is body armor allowed for purchase by the public? Law enforcement agencies provide it for their employees, right?

So what purpose would a normal, sane gun owner have for it? Just curious..

Hey, be prepared when the deer start firing back.
I hear they even have a Human Call, "I've got a quart."

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Criminals shoot law abiding citizens while committing crimes. Some people might choose to wear protective gear.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
hey, it's just another mass shooting..no one in the federal government is going to change a thing....and yet last night on the radio, it was the same thing, loud, wild eyed nutters, coming on and saying Obama is going to take all your guns, the feds are coming for your guns, yada, yada, yada,.....frankly, I don't care anymore, it has become a big yawn. I have my own problems, I hope everybody stays safe, but, it's going to be happening again and again. you and your family will just have to remain lucky, that you don't get caught in some type of crossfire, because it's not going to stop.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
One question I gotta ask: if he knew he was going to do this horrible thing today, why would he leave his body armor in his apartment? Didn't he think he would need it or did he plan on suiciding? If that was his plan all along, why the bullet-proof vests in the first place? It just doesn't make sense to me, but maybe that's because I'm not crazy?

Either way, 1 gun or a dozen doesn't really matter anymore. Again we have a horrible tragedy and nowhere to put the blame since the perp is dead. That leaves unresolved anger that somebody will channel into something probably not good for everybody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join