It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon gunman had cache of weapons and ammo at apartment shared with his mother.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is being reported now that the Oregon shooter had a cache of weapons, ammo and body armor at the apartment he shared with his mother.

CNN is reporting that some of the guns were purchased by family members and that family members are also reporting that they knew he had mental health issues.

Personally, I'm in favor of universal background checks but one also has to ask how a woman could be sharing a small living space with what should have been obvious was a disturbed and well armed young man without taking some sort of action. Family members should take more responsibility for intervening in situations like this and perhaps should be held accountable. While we need to balance it against individual rights, we also need to make sure that family members have the appropriate backing of law enforcement and the mental health establishment when looking for help in dealing with people who pose a threat to themselves and others.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Mommies love their babies and constantly blind themselves with the "My child would never do that" attitude

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
13 Firearms a cache does not make. Any avid collectors will have at least a dozen, probably more.
edit on 2-10-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

he Oregon gunman who carried out an execution-style massacre at a college classroom had a cache of 13 weapons, body armor and ammunition, authorities said on Friday as they sought a motive for the bloodiest U.S. mass shooting this year.

Another seven guns and a significant stockpile of ammunition were found at the apartment he shared with his mother in nearby Winchester, about 170 miles (273 km) south of Portland, Nunez said.

Don't ya just love media sensationalism ?

Really 20 guns, and a 'significant' stockpile of ammunition.

That's not even a closet full.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

It is being reported now that the Oregon shooter had a cache of weapons, ammo and body armor at the apartment he shared with his mother.

This sounds familiar. odd....

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For the people saying it's the media incorrectly using cache do you actually know what the definition of that word is ?My guess is you don't because if you did then you would know it's valid.

Cache: A hiding place for supplies, weapons, ammunition , food.

lets look at the synonyms of cache..

Synonyms: hoard, stockpile, reserve, store.

I know it's it almost a requirement on ATS to blame the media no matter what they do but this case it doesn't seem valid.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The military booted him as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

GEEZE, I feel impotent I'M happy with 7.
Better get MORE to keep up with the Joneses huh?
edit on 2-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'd noticed that from the article. It says 'failure to meet administrative standards.' What does that mean, exactly?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Amazing. If you know your kid has mental health issues, why would you even allow him to have guns? I would be afraid he would use them on family members!! Just like the Columbine shootings, these kids have guns stored in their bedrooms. Don't these parents check their rooms occasionally? My wife and I did with both our kids. I found a bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey in my sons room at the age of 17. I took his cell phone away for two weeks! He learned his lesson and still talks about it today.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Reads to me that they are just saying that he had 20 guns...

Have you seen the ammo amount to say it was significant? That seems to be the only sensationalist word.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Could be failure to adapt, pretty sure the will admin sep you for that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Hard to say, the military never gets down to key information so the individual's future isn't slandered.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There was an ammo shortage...wasn't everyone trying to stockpile a bit if it was not sold to the IRS. This is not too many but....

This comes as no surprise but it is, again, precedence for the government to 'restrict' the 'amount' of weapons or ammo you have. You see, that would not kill the 2nd Amendment. It would still give you the right but by EO could the current administration pass a law that would not allow further sales to current gun owners? Call me crazy but that is the slipper slope the government has used since the very early 1900's to slow strip away your ability to challenge a EO yet allow you to still have your rights.

Supreme Court just did it with SS marriage. Precedence folks...it would be for the good of the Na...I mean...United States...
edit on 10pm31pmf0000002015-10-02T15:13:44-05:000344 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Call me crazy.

But shouldn't the media use facts rather than supposition?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

13 guns is not a stockpile. It's common around here to have more than a dozen on a display wall or gun cabinet. Now if he was stashing them by the dozens with 10s of thousands of rounds in hidden walls and underground ... that could be considered a cache. lol

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

13 guns is not a stockpile. It's common around here to have more than a dozen on a display wall or gun cabinet. Now if he was stashing them by the dozens with 10s of thousands of rounds in hidden walls and underground ... that could be considered a cache. lol

According to who?

A stockpile means a quantity of weapons or ammunition stored for possible future use or a supply of material.

That is what the criminal had.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If that was what they call a cache, I must have an armory...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Shouldn't you?

What facts do you have that are different?

They are saying he had guns ammo and vests, please say other wise and how you know.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

How do we know that was his intention? Maybe he just had a few firearms like anyone else. Why should we concentrate our attention to his firearms when we should be looking into why he committed this horrible crime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join