It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Logical Argument That All Prophecy is Self-Fulfilling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
These so-called prophecies are already written down, all those in power have to do is follow the instructions and boom, those who believe in the prophecies will believe they are being fulfilled by the hand of God and thus the deception goes on.

Israel has a lot of connections and financial backing, they are at the heart of these so-called prophecies so it would be logical to conclude that they are using their money and connections to bring about these prophecies they are supposed to be a part of. The conflicts in the Middle East are fabricated and set up in order to resemble these vague prophecies that are in the bible. Why? So that those who believe won't wake up to the fact that they are being duped.

Want proof that the events in the Middle East have been planned beforehand?

This is why the prophecies in the bible are so vague, it was to give those who came after a lot of wiggle room to fulfill them. They're vague so that vague connections can be made with today's wars and even wars in the past. People have been claiming the end is coming for thousands of years now, we've been at war for thousands of years now as well. No matter how vague the connections are, those who believe in the prophecies will scream they're being fulfilled.

Biblical prophecy is not prophecy at all, it is a set of rules and guidelines those in power today follow in order to make it seem as though God is intervening or shaping world events. Who wants to get in the way of God's plan? Why would anyone want to actually really oppose these wars and try to stop them when God is behind them and when going against God means eternal punishment? All the while those in power benefit off of the wars being fought with little to no resistance because of these vague connections to prophecy.

This is not just limited to biblical prophecy either, the argument can be made for any so-called prophecy that has been at the forefront of thought in human history. It just so happens biblical prophecy seems to be the most popular and widespread.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 10/2/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Wesley Clark revealed a plan. So far, things are going according to what hes said they said they were going to do.

Foregoing Gods this and bibles that for a moment…

If you lived two thousand years ago in the desert and one day you saw one of these go by, how would you describe it? Would you write it down, tell others if you could, or keep it to yourself?

So we get these symbolic scribbles, anolougous jottings and tittles, that tell us they 'saw' things that looked like Locusts, sound like many chariots, wheels within wheels, stings in their tails, flashings and thunder, pillars of cloud, etc,etc.

They have no frame of reference for the modern world we so take for granted… at all. They have to struggle for what it appears like to them from their antiquated perspective.

Yesterday, somewhere in the desert…

edit on 2-10-2015 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So when Jesus comes back, that will be manufactured too? Stop. Actually it will be counterfeited once.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Whether Jesus actually comes back depends on whether the prophecies are actually prophecies. I'm pretty sure they're not prophecies because they're self-fulfilling.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So it follows that those that possess the written down prophecies, are not doing a very good job of following instructions. The logic would work both ways.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Jesus won't come back. The last Prophet is a girl. And i'd guess big events throw big shadows visuable through the curtain of time. Like UFOs. Like the locusts.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
A Logical Argument That All Prophecy is Self-Fulfilling

That's what I have to read? The wealthy Jews magically buy all their Prophesies to manifest?
Serious?
Those darned Jews?
Seriously?

And your entire argument is considerably less than 'logical'.
It is refuted by reality!

The family was going out to the city to a popular restaurant.
It was Saturday, and everyone was on the roads!
While about 5 miles away, the discussion turned to parking a few blocks away and walking, as there would surely be no parking any closer!
With a quick Prophetic glimpse, I informed all that, no worry, there is only one place to park, and it is directly outside the restaurant's door!
There was the usual rolling of eyes, but as we got closer and closer, past the lines of parked cars, there was the only space open, the exact one that I 'saw'!
You'd be surprised at how much I had to pay the Jews to make THAT happen! *__-

How, exactly, is that a 'self-fulfilling prophesy', as you claim?
I saw the moment and the spot, and told all. Witnesses.
This has happened often, with witnesses.

Are there mysterious Jews following me around making all this happen?
Perhaps another thread (to bring out the bigots?)? *__-

I Prophesy Universal unconditional Love/Enlightenment on the Earth in a couple centuries.
I Predict/Prophesy that all 'religion' will be gone, not even an ugly memory.
I Prophesy that at that time, there will be no more books! Of any sort!
No more reading!
Shall I go on?
Is that sufficiently un-vague and precise? A tad more than two centuries!
That certainly breaks from mere repetition of history vagueness!
Distinct enough to be called a lie, at the time, or Prophesy?
How, exactly is this all 'self-fulfilling'?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

That's why I say if you're going to believe in prophesy, which is a dumb thing to do IMO, but if that's what you choose to do, at least be smart enough not to believe the ones that men can control. Something like stock market crash or going to war or whatever.

What kind of second rate lazy POS God is going to show his power by messing with the stock market. Come on. Use your heads. He'd be the laughing stock of all the other Gods for that cheesy crap.

If it's not splitting the earth in half or raising a demon army from hell or something, just assume you're being played by a bunch of radical zealots who are trying to con your ass into something and give them the finger and tell them to get over themselves.
edit on 3-10-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Magically buy it? There's no magic to it, it's just straight up manipulation.

As far as your "prophecy", how exactly will anyone who is alive right now ever be able to confirm it? If you're going to give a prophecy at least make it one where someone alive will be able to confirm it.

BornOfSin, is that you?
edit on 10/3/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

a reply to: namelesssAs far as your "prophecy", how exactly will anyone who is alive right now ever be able to confirm it? If you're going to give a prophecy at least make it one where someone alive will be able to confirm it.

I have, as I said, made many very 'local' Prophesies.
All corroborated by witnesses.
And I made a frikking HUGE one, a very specific one, clear, in the 'future; not some vague future, but a very specific one, and you are whining that you, personally, cannot validate/verify it in your tiny sliver of life?
You are unwilling to let 'history/Reality' decide whether I am full of crap or not?
Isn't that how it usually works when not predicting that which is 'just around the corner'?
That wasn't good enough for you?
Methinks you have an agenda/belief to support.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

What do you have to do with history or reality exactly? And how do they prove you are right? Also, where are these witnesses that have corroborated your local prophecies and what were they?

And no, you making a prediction that cannot be proven within anyone's lifetime is not good enough. Why would it be? Why not try this one: what am I going to do tomorrow? If you can prophecy that I will be impressed, but something I will never experience in my lifetime? Hardly. What reason do I have to believe you other than your word and with something that I will never see come to fruition?

Again, is that you BornOfSin? You share the same air of arrogance that he had before being banned.
edit on 10/3/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

What do you have to do with history or reality exactly?

I am a feature thereof.
As are you.

And how do they prove you are right?

If I say that in three days, at three o'clock, your time, in the afternoon, that you will step on a rock and twist your ankle.
The proof is from the retrospect of three days later.
Either my prediction is validated in the manifestation, or it is not not.

Also, where are these witnesses that have corroborated your local prophecies and what were they?
They are available for questioning.
What were my witnesses?
Humans.
Honest humans.
I have nothing to prove, I Know!
Would you like to examine them under torture?

And no, you making a prediction that cannot be proven within anyone's lifetime is not good enough.

So you are imposing some arbitrary condition?
Hardly!
History is filled with predictions that only future generations can validate.
Your arbitrary condition is ignorant and unacceptable.
I give the time frame, and it disturbs your delicate ego that you, personally, will not be around to deny or gloat?
Whatever...
I was attempting to keep this on an intellectual level, and you are rapidly descending into something else.

Why would it be? Why not try this one: what am I going to do tomorrow? If you can prophecy that I will be impressed, but something I will never experience in my lifetime? Hardly.

Sorry, Sweetie, but impressing you is the last thing that interests me.
I am merely offering Reality in argument to your outrageous assertions.
Deny it as you need.

What reason do I have to believe you other than your word and with something that I will never see come to fruition?

I do not want 'beliefs', I am not trying to change your mind, just expand it a bit.
But you are fighting too hard to keep it tightly closed.
If you were an honest intellectual person, time frame would mean nothing.
And your silly "do it here now as I demand" just demonstrates your ignorance of what we are talking about

Again, is that you BornOfSin? You share the same air of arrogance that he had before being banned.

No, that is not 'me'.
I'm a completely different arrogant person!
I imagine that anyone with an IQ larger than his shoe size seems 'arrogant' to you.
Whatever...
I'll take my pearls and leave now, having wasted enough time.

edit on 3-10-2015 by namelesss because: Disgusted! *__-

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ok here's a prophecy of my own: In the year 3122 an asteroid will hit Earth wiping out all life. Don't believe me? Too bad, it's going to happen, I have predicted it.

Do you believe me? If not, why should I believe you?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Do you mean all arguments are self willed (intended deliberately) and become ones own self Prophesied destiny; or might result in a surprising unanticipated outcome? Can we actually outsmart ourselves (by not paying attention) into the achievement of a better life situation/outcome?

edit on 4-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Ok here's a prophecy of my own: In the year 3122 an asteroid will hit Earth wiping out all life. Don't believe me? Too bad, it's going to happen, I have predicted it.

Do you believe me? If not, why should I believe you?

I am lot asking you to 'believe' anything!
I do not 'believe' anything!
The evidence will speak for itself.
How long ago did the biblical prophets predict their stuff, and Nostradamus, and many others... and there are plenty of people NOW who are checking those predictions out!
Some on this site!

All I am saying is when 3122 rolls around, history will have you right there with your prediction and determine whether you were full of it or not!
Sorry if that is not enough to immediately gratify your ego, but it is sufficient for 'history/humanity'.
edit on 7-10-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Jesus won't come back. The last Prophet is a girl. And i'd guess big events throw big shadows visuable through the curtain of time. Like UFOs. Like the locusts.

Would you care to expand on this? "Last Prophet is a girl" and the parameters of validity (place of birth, year), a resent manifestation? I have heard the same thing and have that information.

new topics

top topics

join