It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Eternal Life': Russian Scientist Injects Himself With Bacteria To Boost Longevity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Where would we all fit if immortality became a reality? I'm too claustrophobic to hope this is a possibility. The unemployment rate is bad enough just image if the population were to quadruple. Don't plan on social security either. 😜

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I want some of that! Why not? They want to inject us with all kinds of stuff now adays.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemethink

Where would we all fit if immortality became a reality? I'm too claustrophobic to hope this is a possibility. The unemployment rate is bad enough just image if the population were to quadruple. Don't plan on social security either. 😜

None of us will ned 'money' anyway if these 'robots' continue to improve and takeover.

I guess we'll all just have plenty of time to do what we want.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I dunno... I'd root for something that raises IQ before hoping for the immortality drug. If everyone were a bit smarter, then a few more decades or centuries on this rock would be bearable.

But immortality, even in a more ...er, elegant society, would get tedious... we'd likely eventually plug ourselves into virtual reality to live virtual lives in extreme environments to get thrills... hmmm... ?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

This seems interesting and dangerous. A scientist in Russia claims the secret to “eternal life” is in a 3.5-million-year-old Siberian specimen, this bacteria was first discovered back in 2009 inside a permafrost and since then it showed amazing results on lab rats.

And this will be remembered as the day the Zombie Apocalypse began.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

I don't believe immortality will ever be a thing/quote]

I do.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
As if we dont have a population problem already. This would make it even worse.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And so it begins. When he dies, and his spirit leaves the body, the bacteria take over, and bring the body back to life.

We have our first case of the Zombie.

At least, we know where the Zombie outbreak will start from.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Now that is very interesting. While we are at it, i think its time for a new russian joke. Remember this one?

NASA Spent Millions to Develop a Pen that Would Write in Space, meanwhile...the Russian s Used a Pencil.

New Joke
USA spent billions of dollars in trans-humanism to prolong life using state of the art robotics. The Russians meanwhile, used an ancient bacteria to prevent aging.

Hey had to say it, we need some humor these days aye? Thanks for the find OP

edit on rd2015000000Saturdayrd000000Sat, 03 Oct 2015 16:16:27 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 03 Oct 2015 16:16:27 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemethink

We'd just have more wars. More reason to fight over the scarce resources of the earth.

In fact, if there were immortals among us, they'd probably set up secret orders, and establish things like the National Security Agency, CIA, MI5, MI6, etc..where they could completely control the population, hide their true identities, and engage in proxy wars using the mortals for their soldiers. That would be the obvious place to look for them. Mortals don't need NSA etc..

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
so he effectively did the same thing with bacteria that most people should be doing with vitamins and eating right?

LoL I dont see any miracle here, "I havent been sick, i boosted my immune system"

Great thats why I exercise and partake of the correct vitamins and minerals.......

I dont see anything ground breaking

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
How much for a dose?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I wouldn't want to live forever, at least not from my current viewpoint, it would get so boring and monotonous. If I'm going to live forever I'd rather it be through reincarnation where I get a fresh start every so often.

That's why I can't see the appeal of what's commonly seen as heaven. Why would you want to be the same for eternity? So boring!

It wouldn't be.
It's just not understandable with your physical mindset. Maybe after you die, it will make sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
lol why does this story match so well with that black crap from the x-files they found in Siberia that turned people into aliens?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The bacteria were originally found on Mamontova Gora - Mammoth Mountain - in Siberia's Sakha Republic, also known as Yakutia, in 2009 by Dr Anatoli Brouchkov, head of the Geocryology Department, Moscow State University. Similar bacteria were discovered by Siberian scientist Vladimir Repin in the brain of an extinct woolly mammoth preserved by permafrost.

F&S&
for the thread
PS. Frocharocha - I'd try it.

edit on 7/10/15 by soficrow because: add ps

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join