It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Police confiscated cell phones from Umpqua students

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: filosophia

originally posted by: opethPA
Before all the righteous indignation about victims being victimized runs rampant does anyone know when that picture was taken?

After the shooter was confirmed alone and dead or while he was still alive and unknown if he was working with someone.

The article says the cell phones were taken "sometime after noon." The shooting happened around 10:40 AM. The shooter was "down" at 10:46 AM

10:46 a.m.: Officers report "Code 4, suspect is down."

www.oregonlive.com...

So yes, the shooter was "down" killed over an hour before they confiscated cell phones.

Thanks for the info..

Do we know if the COPs in the pic had that info?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Also seems they had to turn in their keys so vehicles could be searched and cleared. Can anyone verify that?

If true, it seems like unreasonable search or seizure to me. So anyone adjacent to a crime is a suspect, even the victims?

if i commited no crime.
I will never turn over my car keys or cell phone without a warrant.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Also seems they had to turn in their keys so vehicles could be searched and cleared. Can anyone verify that?

If true, it seems like unreasonable search or seizure to me. So anyone adjacent to a crime is a suspect, even the victims?

If it true that both cell phones were confiscated AND keys so that cars could be searched, that is even scarier and points to what we're seeing happening in the US. In Boston, for instance, when the entire city was on lockdown and there were door to door searches of houses at gunpoint.

Now we possibly have anyone in vacinity of a crime such as this loosing basic rights and the tentacles of the police state happening before our eyes with hardly anyone saying a thing or making a fuss.

These things are settling dangerous precedents and no one is saying a word, and this is why it keeps happening more and more under the guise of "safety".

Welcome to the Police State.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Some cant see the writing on the wall . And others just go with the flow pleading just keep me safe do what you need to.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A tid bit of history lesson before 1776 British soldiers and constables could just decide to search a whole town for any wrong doing residents had to open up their home and give any documents or items to the government when asked.

These action were part of the reason we revolted. Now we didnt bat an eye when it happened in Boston of all places where it all started with a tea party. Might as well have stayed a subject of King George we are allowing the same actions today but just keep me safe.

What was that saying . Those who trade freedoms for safety deserves neither freedom or safety. We are making our bed were going to lay in it hoping the chains rest lightly on our shoulders. With that we are no longer countrymen of our forefathers.

Will this ever end ?

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.archives.gov...

I dont care what cop or supreme court has to say . Where do you see you can be stopped and items taken from you with out a warrant ? Or in Boston just force them out search a home and wait for official okay to go home to your own home.

Where do you find these actions are allowed ?

That great document is becoming irrelevant.

It was fun while it lasted.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Here's another question, related to confiscated cell phones: where are the cell phone videos of the students huddled in the class rooms? Or of the emergency vehicles entering campus? Or of the police searching everyone? The community college is large, 2 to 3 thousand full time students, and many more part time students (I remember the media saying almost 10,000, which is extremely large for a community college), so not one person made a video and uploaded it to youtube? And yet, some people tweeted during the shootings. Where are the videos?

Are you suggesting that all the first responders including law enforcement, paramedics, ambulance crews, emergency rooms, MD’s, PA’s, nurses and admission staff, along with the students, college staff, media and anyone else who were there are in on a giant conspiracy?

Since by simply engaging even basic critical thinking skills most anyone would think that idea so absurd as to be laughable, even a bit crazy, it is beyond me what leads anyone to think that way.

Not to mention how cruel it is to the victims’ families to even suggest that! How horrible it is to diminish the actions of the Officers who risked their own lives to stop the slaughter! How wrong it is to pretend the medical community would join in such a scheme!

If you are not suggesting such an absurd scenario, it sure seems like you are?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
On the news they stated that are trying to erase his name and are refusing to call him anything but the shooter. I think removing the the cell footage Removes what ever glory he hoped to attane. I've seen a few shootings caught on tape and they are very disturbing at least to me, some what etched into my mind the audio is the worst.

i wish I didn't even hear about this sad story. I was minding my own business watching Price is Right and it interrupted the wheel to shove this massacre in my face.

a reply to: filosophia

Nice point on the television just blasting it in everyones face.

Hard to believe in this day we do not have the option to continue watching the show we were watching and not what the hundreds of news channels are already covering.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
2:28: Amy L. Fair, an Umpqua Community College associate professor of English, wrote on Facebook that she was in a classroom that shares a wall with the classroom where the shooting began. She writes, "I have no cell phone, car keys, house keys, or wallet, but I'm home. So glad to be safe, but I'm still a little shell-shocked. Those of us who were on campus know less than everyone else -- they weren't telling us anything as they put us on buses and drove us offsite.

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Also a coincidence here.....the Paris train hero was enrolled there.
abc13.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wonder if their computers will be confiscated too. After all they could be local suspects who were vpn 4channing this up around the suspect. But that is A okay folks, move along nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

They can't confirm that post was about this guy, at least last time I checked.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Here's another question, related to confiscated cell phones: where are the cell phone videos of the students huddled in the class rooms? Or of the emergency vehicles entering campus? Or of the police searching everyone? The community college is large, 2 to 3 thousand full time students, and many more part time students (I remember the media saying almost 10,000, which is extremely large for a community college), so not one person made a video and uploaded it to youtube? And yet, some people tweeted during the shootings. Where are the videos?

You can ask questions sure. But this is not a hoax.
How about actually listen to us that live here?

I'm jumping in here for a minute. I seen your post in a nother thread with a video. With my exBosses kid in it.
are you suggesting that she is involved in a large Hoax. I mean this town I am in almost everyone is upset.

As you saying I'm involved in a large hoax for speaking with people helping them cope
with what happened? Man people need to wake up and realize that not everything is a false flag
not everything is a hoax

To all who are saying this is a hoax and/or fasleflag
I hope you never have to go through this

now to be rude
::extends my arm and hand and shows you my middle finger::
that is what I think of your this is a hoax

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Why people so compliant.?
Hands behind your head...I said, HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD.... Yeah, you first.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
And onward came the emotional pleas, 'how dare you call it a conspiracy, accept your lack of freedom and move on'. Any restriction of information (particularly video) can only be to hide something.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: ~Lucidity

There is protocol for those situations and your "rights" may be temporarily suspended.

Then it's not really a right if it can be suspended for whatever reason. Might as well just be rid of the 4th amendment then.

It's unreal that people believe it's okay revoke rights because of the crimes of someone else.

And yet you still refuse to answer the question.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I wish for the days where the only thing confiscated was a gameboy and a crude picture.

Now it's guns, knifes, smartphones, clocks...Schools are a place of learning. Why are kids bringing weapons when they should be bringing textbooks?

It's obvious. It's the radicalized, immunized video game addicts who swallow pills and ingest saturated fats and aritifical sweeteners through a straw. Or it's something else.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat
::extends my arm and hand and shows you my middle finger::
that is what I think of your this is a hoax

You have misunderstood the concerns of many, and over-reacted...

It would be quite helpful if you made some small attempt to understand the fears of those who were not there, and help to actually explain what we are seeing.

For instance; were cell phones, keys taken, cars searched; without due process?

Did the police really search everybody in the manner shown?

Because what many of us are seeing is the wholesale violation of constitutional rights...and surly you didn't help with such an illegal act!??!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yawn..getting boring.

Instead of Americans worrying about the middle east Boogy men which your government is indirectly supporting - Admit you have a huge issue with guns and the people who can access them.

There's plenty of countries with higher gun ownership ratios than America, so yeah guns are not the problem - But there is a problem and it isn't a conspiracy - like this thread suggests, like every thread about mass shooting suggests.

You have a problem and you need to fix it before playing team America all over the world imposing your righteousness down peoples throats.

You're too busy thinking how bad middle-east countries, none-white people are, or none catholic. All whilst white kids shoot up middle schools & white people from your own country take all your tax money and spend nearly a trillion on war each year. Your police are pretty much like police from the game Grand Theft Auto, shoot first ask later.

The world is laughing at you.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Confirmed: Police confiscated cell phones from Umpqua students

Was he alone in his attack?

Was there others that plotted with him and/or encouraged him? Letting him know where police were stationed around the campus?

Were there other shooters? Perhaps blending in with the crowd of fleeing students?

Text messages exchanged with the shooter just prior to or during the attack?

Having the students put their hands up and collecting cell phones is both wise and rational in these scenarios

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

You have misunderstood the concerns of many, and over-reacted...

Over reacted when people are saying false flag hoax ..that is concerns? I think not I have every right to flip someone off if they are not willing to listen. All these threads and yet the same people saying the same things not listening to people who are there.

Not over reacted

Yes people were searched.
Yes cars were searched, people were bussed back the next day to pick them up.

The illegal search , people said go ahead search because either they had nothing to hide , and they wanted to make sure there were no devices that could go off. Cell phones given up because what if it was used to detonate something. Not all cells were kept some were given back right away when there was no suspicious numbers as numbers put in with no name.
Yes keys were taken so they can get into the cars with permission. Yes some people for got to take the house keys off the key ring. Rides were given back and forth. If anyone did not want there stuff searched they would have spoken up and there would have been a warrant.
Some students even go their car back with in minutes and they started giving rides to help out.

Would you really sit there and yell put up a fuss minutes after this happened " No you can't search me ! NO you can't search my car with out warrant!" Or would you " Damn go ahead prove you have nothing, and make sure there is nothing else there on campus?"

Nothing wrong with agreeing to do this in case there was something else.

Illegal act? did I help search no but only illegal act I saw that day was murder.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join