It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL CLEAR BEEN GIVEN Active shooter situation reported on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth Unive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Students at Virginia Commonwealth University have been told to seek shelter amid reports of a possible armed gunman on campus.

An alert was issued to students just before 11am Friday about a 'possible armed subject' near the school's Richmond campus.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

BREAKING NEWS: Active shooter situation reported on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University

Just saw this breaking on Daily Mail newspaper. Hope everyone is OK over there. The world is going mad!
edit on 2-10-2015 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

Students at Virginia Commonwealth University have been told to seek shelter amid reports of a possible armed gunman on campus.

An alert was issued to students just before 11am Friday about a 'possible armed subject' near the school's Richmond campus.

BREAKING NEWS: Active shooter situation reported on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University

Just saw this breaking on Daily Mail newspaper. Hope everyone is OK over there. The world is going mad!

Hope this isn't the start of something here. I truly hope this one is not as bad as yesterday.....would be a bad day for the country.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
US university police unable to confirm reports of armed suspect in Virginia
Police said they were looking for a man with a military style hat and backpack

from newstalk

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

All clear thankfully.
alert.vcu.edu...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"The world is going mad!" before we even know if it's a false alarm or not.

A bit sensational, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Damn people are fu###in crazy these days WTF is wrong with people doing all these mass shootings.
edit on 2-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortexGreat news about the all clear. My heart sunk for you all when I saw the headline. Thankfully seems like a false alarm, phew

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Lack of the feminine energy. It's too deep to get into in this thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I grew up in the area there...let me tell you guys that the rate of crime in that city and around that campus is insane. I don't doubt someone may have been seen with a firearm, but I seriously doubt it had anything to do with going on a school shooting. If you look up murder rate per capita for cities you will find Richmond up in the top 5 to 10. Seems like everyone is on edge at the moment.

In my own thoughts and feelings I can see how these mass shootings and very over blown cases of regular shootings has been working very well at making it seem like there is a lot more violent gun crime going on than people thought. In my opinion it's only noticed because of the media hype over such cases. That type of thing could play very well into the hands of those who would love to see a disarmed US. Just saying...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Totally agree, I lived in Richmond for a few years and it there is a lot of violent crime but the shooter was on a roof, with a rifle? doesn't sound like typical scenario

edit on 2-10-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

(post by RoadCourse removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That's interesting... My brother is an EMT in Richmond and is working on becoming a cop there. I will have to ask if he has heard anything about it. A guy with a rifle on a roof isn't the standard mo for crime in Richmond.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: RickyD

Totally agree, I lived in Richmond for a few years and it there is a lot of violent crime but the shooter was on a roof, with a rifle? doesn't sound like typical scenario

HAHAHA no kidding probably just another one of your friendly neighborhood drills!!

Anyone got anymore info on this? I can find nothing!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
awaiting more info

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
awaiting more info

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

No where in any of the links is "Active Shooter" used besides by the OP.

Ok, an active shooter means, there are casualties and the threat has not been neutralized.
A possibly armed man that generated an alert as a precaution to a university, is quite different.

Nice baiting for more clicks....

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I just re read the second article and it said he was on an overpass...did you read somewhere else about the roof?

new topics

top topics

join