It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Major General Blows The Whistle On What They Really Found On Mars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
The messengers are attacked but never the message (oddly).

Exactly what I said before. Look even at this thread, since the beginning of it how people derail it, attack the side arguments and not the main one, try to hijack it, provide a source that has no weight in the matter and focus on that by fogging the main argument and the last big one, attack the source or the messenger as you say. At the end they all disappear and the thread is ruined, filled with comments (like the two I quoted above) and nothing of relevance is left. Who would wanna get into a thread and after that read carefully 8 pages of replies, despite how good or bad those can be?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: Telos

Erm, the Voyager probes didn't look at Mars. They went elsewhere. Oh wait, this is in the hoax section. Never mind!

No sir, this is not in the hoax section but SWF. Anyway, I kinda have to agree with you tho, when threads move to this forum are always trashed.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

There are structures on the surface of Mars. I will tell you for the record that there are structures underneath the surface of Mars that cannot be seen by the Voyager cameras that went by in 1976.

That's because Voyager did not go to Mars in 1976, it went to Jupiter. I'm sure the rest of the story is just as accurate.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What proof is their to backup this persons story?

Just because someone is in a position of power doesn't mean they aren't capable of making things up. So to that end has the General ever produced any proof of his claims or is it still valid to just take him at his word ?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Erm, the Voyager probes didn't look at Mars. They went elsewhere. Oh wait, this is in the hoax section. Never mind!

No, this is not the HOAX bin.

This is the Skunk Work Forum.

Skunk Works is not the same as HOAX or the LOL forums. Nor should ANY thread in here be treated as such!

Skunk Works was created to let our members be able to discuss things without having to provide sources or evidence, and is for highly speculative subjects.

Having a thread in Skunk Works allows the OP a LOT more freedom and wiggle room. Members can demand evidence or sources in this forum, but the OP and other members are not required to do so, nor should their failure to provide anything be counted against them, as it is not required within this forum.

Anyone that continues to harass an OP or other members for sources or evidence while a thread is in this forum, should be reported to staff ASAP..

Having a thread moved to here is not a punishment, or anyone trying to get rid of it.

We move threads here to HELP an OP out, so that discussion can flourish without the constraints of proof or evidence.

This is especially true for subjects that are highly speculative in nature, like Remote Viewing, as an example.

So when a thread gets moved here, it's not because we (staff) think that it's a hoax. If that were true, then the thread would be in HOAX.

We move threads here to help facilitate discussion and remove the burden of proof that is normally required in other areas of ATS.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

There are structures on the surface of Mars. I will tell you for the record that there are structures underneath the surface of Mars that cannot be seen by the Voyager cameras that went by in 1976.

That's because Voyager did not go to Mars in 1976, it went to Jupiter. I'm sure the rest of the story is just as accurate.

Not sure but maybe is a lapsus and he meant to say viking instead. Viking is the one who took the place of Voyager in the plans for exploring Mars. According to Voyager's website, it was an extensive study sending a probe called Voyager and the congress didn't fully approve the plan. Viking took voyager's place. Now, again I don't know what he meant, it is just my supposition.

www.wired.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i'M glad someone is talking about contact

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

“There are structures on the surface of Mars. I will tell you for the record that there are structures underneath the surface of Mars that cannot be seen by the Voyager cameras that went by in 1976. I will also tell you that there are machines on the surface of Mars and there are machines under the surface of Mars that you can look at, you can find out in detail, you can see what they are, where they are, who they are and a lot of detail about them

That's an easy riddle to solve. We can prove that its all true.

[ there are machines on the surface of Mars ]

Yup. We sent those machines there. It's been in the news all these years. Nothing new.

[ there are machines under the surface of Mars that you can look at ]

Right again. The first machines we sent up to the red planet got covered by dust storms, and are just below the surface today. But, the more recent machines are still on the surface.

[ you can find out in detail, you can see what they are ]

Yes, we can understand all the detail we see, because we built them. So, no mysterious machines, we can interpret the details of the machines just fine.

[ who they are]

Yup. Homo Sapiens are the origin of the machines, from a planet called Earth. That's who they are. They are us.

Riddle Solved.

Next riddle.

edit on 3-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is a pretty bold claim.

It's like the ripperologists (yes, that is a real term) who have studied Jack the Ripper and concluded that he was either a Dodgy doctor, an occultist, or a mixture of both but yet despite a century of investigations, no true culprit was found.

Maybe this is a similar case. People have been speculating about life on mars ever since those infamous 'Canals' were found.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I just sit and wait for more info and proof to come out.
While this is a kewl stuff... not what I would call undeniable.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Nope. Stopped reading with the "psychic warfare" and remote viewing bollocks.

NONE of that is verifiable or reproducible in a lab.

Funny how this military person's confession hasn't "blown up" in all the major media outlets and is only found on esoteric or pure bunk websites.

Weird, huh?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
General stublebine was the who Jon Ronson made the book that became a film about. The men who stare at goats. He thought he could walk though solid objects and kill goats by starring at them.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: TechniXcality

sublimecraft: Read this and tell me whether you would consider me as a credible witness.

schuyler: Uh, no.

You do not know what you are missing schuyler: "How Does One Make Oneself Believe" (religion/faith/theology forum) is a FUN READ; very bright commentary and great wisdom interspersed with light hearted humor/levity.

Um, the question as I interpreted it was whether a single post (that happens to be in your favorite forum) enhanced that poster's credibility. My answer to that question is still "No" and has little to do with the forum itself.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Your arguments on this post are completely different than on your other post.

No. They are precisely the same, and I have yet to receive an answer. What we have here is a general who says there'[s stuff on Mars and the evidence is Remote Viewing. That's it. I have made no statement regarding Remote Viewing itself.

I did answer your argument that the general must not be a "nut" (Your word; not mine) because he is married to a psychiatrist. That argument is ludicrous at best. And the idea that a general is credible because he is a general is an "argument from authority" and is invalid.

edit on 10/3/2015 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth
a reply to: schuyler

I'll tell you what is unfortunate about this statement, and that's because I know Sublime personally. You would not pick a better more level headed individual and he will protest me for saying this but the fact is that he is an expert Maritime consultant for the Australian Government and fronts court regularly on their behalf. You simply have no idea who you just dissed brother. No idea.

What does being an expert Maritime consultant in Australia have to do with the issue? Sublime asked whether a particular statement in another thread made him look credible. Based on that post I have to say, "No."

Given the answers in this thread it seems more and more like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Is your profile a mars landscape?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't think they do; they have to in order to save their own destiny/civilization as they are us in future times. They can travel back and forth through time.

Would that not create paradoxes all over the place?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Seems I didn't have to try and make you look foolish, you did it all by yourself!

(as if this entire thread wasn't enough)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It may turn out one day to our amazement that Ray Bradburys The Martian Chronicles may be closer to documentary than sci-fi. But as for this story it is just another work of some man's fantasy and imagination. He must have hit his head too hard walking in to one of those walls causing some screws to be loose.

-D.F.
edit on 3-10-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Is this guy training to be one of the paranormal soldiers? Did we catch his special ops training in video? It's quite possible!!

edit on 3-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join