It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media have NO RIGHT to black out the name of the scum who murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hi

Browsing through many different media sites and uk TV chat shows I am amazed and furious that the idiotic idea of not naming the person who murdered all of those people. The reason fed to us is that they will not give him the fame. Are the public that stupid and gullible to believe this? Do they not realise that this info will come out?
Is this some kind of social media experiment to see how fast information can spread without the help of the msm?

Either way the msm have NO RIGHT to decide what parts of a story will be released under the pretense it's for our own good.

Should this not be stopped now before it is the accepted thing among the mass?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Nope.

Keep a file for legitimate investigation purposes, and black out his name and identity from every publicly available registry in perpetuity. Do the same with all of these fame-seeking killers.

There is nothing great about being famous, and even less good in being infamous. I'd rather be remembered by my friends and family for being a great dad and friend. I wouldn't trade that for Steve Jobs wealth, let alone -- infamy.

This kid definitely sought infamy and notoriety, It's right there in his social media and online blog postings. Denied. That's part of the solution here.

Erase him and everyone like him, forever.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Removing the name removes what the killer wanted, recognition.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

That's what many of these killers want. Their name all over TV, radio and newspapers. They want to be famous or spread a message. Take their name out of it, leave their message out of it and many will not try to use mass murder as their podium.
edit on 2-10-2015 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Name is in our local paper and I've seen it on many sites this morning. Don't watch TV news much but if they are blackening his name it's because it's not a "white" name and his mixed race will have the story die out relatively quickly. Doesn't fit the "agenda".

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

edit on 2-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: Not as relevant as I thought

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What's it matter what his name was.

His name is irrelevant, I could give a wet fart about what his name was.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What would be awesome is if every murderer's name were intentionally changed to something slightly ridiculous sounding and one that no one actually had. It would infuriate those who killed for publicity and THAT would a wonderful thing we can do that costs absolutely nothing.

Headline: Cheatus L Dromedary was convicted today on 7 counts of murder.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Just anagram the name really bad.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I agree. All these mass shootings are copy cat killers. They see how the previous shooters received recognition for their sick deed. These shooters are starving for recognition. Probably because they're so mentally withdrawn from normal society.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Not sure where i stand on this to be honest.

On the one hand, i firmly believe we have the right to know which nutters are amongst us! If someone perpertates such a horrific act, we need to know who it was (and with all good media traditions, possibly also there age and address).

On the other hand, we definitely don't need all the associated 15 pages of stories about there life growing up and pictures of where they like to go on holiday, etc.

As others have so eloquently said, these people do it for the infamy. So i see no problem with starving them of that, minus the basics.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
His name was Robert Paulson.
Actually his name was Chris Harper-Mercer.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I'm torn too - we should know who's done what if they're going to be back in the community at any point. However the desire for notoriety should be ignored completely and not indulged. It's the sensationalising aspect of some media outlets that push it too far, I think.

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Headline: Cheatus L Dromedary was convicted today on 7 counts of murder.

It has to come with an accurate photograph too, a bit like bringing back the stocks for public shaming.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maybe the media could just blackout the story entirely. They're good at that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
you guys know they are dead, and aren't checking their facebook anymore, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think we should have a name for the majority of the killers.
Let's call them all Emmanuel Goldstein.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Just a thought, blacking out his name and keeping it from the public could prevent people from finding conspiracies that may be associated with the crime.
Just think, what if we were never told that Lee Harvey Oswald was the man who killed JFK? We would never know about his possible links to the CIA, his trip to Russia or a slew of other important details about the man.

Without the killers name we would just be forced to believe the medias narrative of what happened and why. I'm not prepared to do that.
edit on 10/2/2015 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

We all know his name.

Vermin. That is all these individuals are. Vermin, parasites, diseases on two legs, over complicated germs, the only acceptable cure for which comes in little pills made of metal, designed to be forcibly inserted through the outer membrane of the disease cell at hundreds of feet per second, with the intention of ruining that diseases innards.

All their names, these murderous savages, they have one collective name...

Target P. Ractice.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

Reasonable people agree that the name will be known by anyone who cares to dig for it. What we are arguing for is a de escalation of the wall-to-wall coverage of the shooter AND his crime, which is the goal of these sick individuals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join