It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Creation Is The Only Logical Explanation...

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: cooperton

You have had this explained to you repeatedly. DNA does what it does, based on chemical potential. NOT because it was coded. You are using a flawed analogy.

It is not an analogy. It is called code for a reason. Do you have a better word that describes its function?

DNA self replicates, code does not

There is plenty of code that replicates information. DNA polymerase is one of the many proteins involved with copying code. In computers, this is ctrl+C followed by ctrl+V.

DNA is more than 4 or 5 (if you include Uracil) code. modifications such as methylation and about 100 other changes, also make it further from "code" than you could imagine.

How does this make it farther from code? Do you have a better word to describe the genetic code? It's a perfect fit when defining the function. The source code has ancillary coding to protect it - it runs failsafe mechanisms (i.e. p53 gene that guards against cancer cell proliferation), and repair mechanisms (i.e. Telomerase). Methylation varies the degree of expression for certain genes - If certain code is required to increase/decrease in expression, methylation/demethylation is one of the main mechanisms.

Ever hear of histones? How do you include them in your code?

Histones are used to protect the DNA. It's like an anti-virus program that protects the source code.

Your "code" has pieces which are much more prone to mutation than others. How is that a code again?

Even with the best anti-virus software, some aberrant commands still give rise to cancers, excessive inflammation, etc.

it is questionable that a digital (code) analogy is appropriate

It is not an analogy, it is literally called the genetic code.

How about the fact DNA can be massively rearranged and it can have no effect on the system.

There are endless examples of code that can be put into computers without having any effect on the display/performance of the computer.

Oh and don't say "but we call bits codons". Because that was a term used early on, and its an artifact, which we have not dropped.

How is it an artifact? Codons are the triplets that code for particular amino acids - this is an extension of the original A,G,C,T(U) Code. This is the core function of translating RNA strands into proteins.

Next

Get over yourself.
edit on 27-9-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I noticed you skipped my reply.

It's called code because that's what we called it. It's only the people who don't understand science that keep up this false argument.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I noticed you skipped my reply.

It's called code because that's what we called it.

Do you have a better name to describe the function of DNA?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

It could be called a genetic algorithm, but no doubt you'll equate that to coding too.

How about non-digital information converter? No, you'll still see it as coding.

No matter what name someone calls it you'll see it as code.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Oh really? Go on. Show how it is codein the sense you are implying? You are using a metaphor. Metaphors are not considered proof in educated intelligent society. They are considered crutches.

Also keep your temper neighbor. You owe us many answers that you've dodged.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Someone needs it to be code, so he can talk about the cosmic coder. Which makes me think that his God is a sitting in a dark room somewhere bitching about loops, and the architecture of the stupid code
If DNA is "code" its the most non logical code in existence.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Oh, it's definitely a need. Any straw to grasp at to confirm their faith. To me, that sounds like their faith isn't very strong.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Its like the "some people say we are descended from Monkeys" misquote, to try and elicit disgust. If anyone should be disgusted it is other Primates.

OH and they need to learn to quote modern theories not old ones when arguing. I keep wondering if they are using semaphore to post here

edit on 27-9-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I don't even know where they come up with that argument. It's on the same level as "something from nothing". Neither of them are true (as far as the evidence shows), yet they push it like it's OUR argument.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If DNA is a computer code, then where is the software that runs it? Can you have a computer code without software?
edit on 9 27 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I again feel that this group of individuals follow the Goebbels theory of the "big lie" (I know its not Joseph who came up with it, but people recognize the implication when you mention him).

Its up there with "all evolutionists are atheists". Yeah Charlie Darwin, Carl Sargan (he denied being an atheist), Max Plank, Erwin Schroedinger .....

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Perhaps... thanks to you, Barcs, and Peter Vlar... we can finally see and end to these ridiculous threads

lol.... yeah i know, who am i kidding

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2
There's no such thing as proof of love. There's EVIDENCE of love by way of actions.

There's no such thing as proof of god. And there's no evidence. My metaphor is more more valid than yours and I pulled it completely out of my ass.

The evidence is all around us of a Creator.

Oh, cool. I'm sure you will be offering that evidence any day now.

There's evidence of it by observing his creations.

Who's creations? There is no evidence of any creator, so it's not logical to call anything his creation.

try again

Story of your life.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
a reply to: Barcs

Hang on there; are A, B and C numbers? If so, then A could equal B or C if the other is zero. If Love is zero it could equal B and C at the same time!

Seriously though, math is great. Just remember you're only dealing with a model. For your math to make a compelling argument about our world, you have to first show how you constructed your model, and how accurately it represents the real thing.

Bingo. Good to see that some folks understand it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

I said it was Irish
That is the Morrigan's Prophesy after the After the Second Battle of Mag Tuired, when she spoke a prophecy of peace and prosperity.

What kind if Irish specifically? There are numerous dialects. I tried looking it up but Google wasn't exactly helpful. I'm hoping you can narrow it down for me. Far more interesting than the current abuse of deceased equines.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm a skeptic as well as a scientist, and a Neopagan (yes I have views on magic ...kinda (points for reference)). If you show me evidence, I will evaluate it.

Creation is an answer yes. I object to is the idea it is the only answer.

What I do believe (since we are a conspiracy site) is that there is a group of individuals here, who are trying to push a creationist agenda. Because they fear science. I submit every creationist thread on ATS as evidence.

Wow, this thread keeps going! I thought you people said - it reached its end! What a shock. O well, let's keep going then as time allows.

BTW - I need to point out something you missed Noinden. Not sure if it was done purposely or just missed it.

You said:

Creation is an answer yes. I object to is the idea it is the only answer.

Did you see what you missed?

it is the only answer.

Did I state it that way?

Look again at the title of the thread:

Why Creation Is The Only Logical Explanation...

You missed the word Logical, which implies that there is more than one answer - but which one is LOGICAL?

Based on what we see in the real world, Creation Is The Only Logical Explanation.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

If it's so logical, why haven't you been able to prove it to us "non believers"?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That one was modern Irish, rather than Old Irish, or the Ulster dialect
I generally use modern Irish, as most people who speak Irish Gaelic speak/read that one. One of the best translations is here. I typed mine from memory, so there are bound to be a few issues with the format

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Where did I see it reached the end?

As for did you state it as the only answer? What is the subject of the entire thread? IS the word ONLY in there?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

How about the memory issues he(?) is having, where the title is clearly containing the word only.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join