It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Creation Is The Only Logical Explanation...

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

I personally believe in something that may at this time, appear to be supernatural in origin, that created the Universe and life. However I cannot prove it, I cannot link it to science in any way, shape or form. So, in the meantime, I will have the religion I follow as my personal comfort. There is absolutely no way to even try to logicallly argue for 'creation'. As in 'biblical creation'. Or as in stories form my religion.

There is some early history that looks like early people may have seen things that are suprnatural or extraterrestrial. Even if they did, that still has no link to creation or life.

The title of this OP and the OP is not logical or provable.
edit on 30-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Hell does not need to be represented only in these two fashions...
Imagine after your death that seems to you as a blink of an eye...yet it could have been hundreds thousands or millions of years...
Then you along with all others are in the presence of God you are you but you are changed... you are now indestructible...You are illuminated by the Lord...
You know him and desire him more than all things because you realize he is God...
But it's to late because of your own choice you can't stay you are removed from his presence forever...
Now you and all others who have suffered the same fate find yourselves consumed by an overwhelming desire to be with God it is all encompassing never ending torment... Everyone around you is repulsed by you and you them... Total contempt for one another...Because of the guilt shame and blame passed to each other for having to be separated from the Lord...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hmmmm. That's interesting. If your father was absent your entire life would you want to respect him and work for him?

See if I left my kids and never had contact with them should I expect them to come crawling to me ? No i wouldn't because that would be insane.

Gods all thou shalt not kill unless I tell you to and when I tell you to kill I mean men, women children and babies. Akthough sometimes you can take the women as your possessions.

Then he's all thou shall not commit adultery. Unless you are one of my chosen kings then you can have as many cobcubines as you wish. Ya know because my kings need to get their rocks off all the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
God is father to His children, those who accept Jesus, have repented and work faithfully, or at least try
You assume God is Father to all.
He can only be Father to those who accept Him

Now you are clutching at straws but that still leaves the problem of him punishing kids that are not his.

That is wrong even by man's standards but somehow you want us to believe that a supreme being can't even keep to laws as low as these?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Hmmmm. That's interesting. If your father was absent your entire life would you want to respect him and work for him?

See if I left my kids and never had contact with them should I expect them to come crawling to me ? No i wouldn't because that would be insane.

Gods all thou shalt not kill unless I tell you to and when I tell you to kill I mean men, women children and babies. Akthough sometimes you can take the women as your possessions.

Then he's all thou shall not commit adultery. Unless you are one of my chosen kings then you can have as many cobcubines as you wish. Ya know because my kings need to get their rocks off all the time.

Unfortunately I have realized that the reason you committed to a cult church for 7 years has a reason.

If what you have written is your beliefs, it's because you have chosen to understand it that way

And dask, they were His kids, they have chosen

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Not everyone is born into a christian family so some don't have that choice.

But still, if I'm following your logic, after the choice is made they should no longer be his children. Let's put that into a modern example.

God is the father and he wants his child to follow his rules. The child makes a choice and this is to divorce from the father. This has been done. The outcome of this "choice" is that the child no longer has to follow the father's rules and, thereby, cannot be punished for not adhering to said rules.

We have the same problem, which is, after choosing, the child should be free from the father's punishment. Like I said in a previous post, the catch is that the bible says that punishment is still applicable so, the choice is pointless because it would seem that they are never really outside of that father's control. They still face punishment as of they were his child.
edit on 30-4-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What about people that are born with mental health issues, such that they will never be able to understand the concept of a deity? Say someone who is born with severe autism or worse. They just get screwed?

It doesn't seem like god is running a very fair ruleset.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What I've written aren't my beliefs Raggedy I'm simply stating what's in the bible. It's all there. God condones slavery. Even Jesus said slaves should respect their owners.

The bible also states women are second class and should be subject to men. It even goes further than that and says women are basically property and can be bought and purchased.

It also says God ordered the killing of infants, children and women because of the sins of certain tribes of men. Is that rational and loving ? Hell no it isn't. It is psychotic.

There's zero justification for those ideals. It's an abomination of humanity.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

How should it be understood. Am I not correct in what I said. Does the bible not say that god ordered the killing of other tribes ? Does the bible not say god caused plagues on the Egyptians ? Does the bible not say that some of the kings of Israel had mutkiple wives and many mistresses? It's not how I'm choosing to understand it. It is merely the information given.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: baggy798

How can he be fair.

People are born into all different kinds of circumstances. The bible wasn't available worldwide until recently so if faith in Jesus is the way then how does that work? Not too mention the billions of children that die before the age of reason. Do they get a free pass to heaven ? If so then it would be better for everyone to never reach adulthood.

What if it is your adherance to gods laws that gets you eternal life or death ? People are born into very different circumstances. Some are born into violence and prostitution. Some have no choice but to feed their family by doing things that are against those laws. Some were abused horribly as children. So how does it work ?

If God is all good then he can not be all powerful. If God is all powerful he cannot be all good.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: TzarChasm

Do criminals fear police, jail, being caught, what are you going to,say TC

People fear the same thing they have always feared, justice

i can understand how the concept of justice is difficult for you to understand, but fear of justice is a key motivator for many people

So rant and rail against God all you like, I bet you slow down when you see a police car, you are scared of being caught speeding
Justice

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Oh right, you call that justice.

I think your understanding of fear is a little unbalanced, maybe suitable to your argument as opposed to logic.

Fear has motivated people to survive and grow

And a perfectly good Yoda quote is wasted as it sails right over your head.

Strangely I am some what proud I dont know Yoda quotes

Woah woah woah! It's one thing to denounce evolution in favor of fantasy, but now you are insulting the very many members of the Jedi religion and the star wars legacy. You, sir, are an abomination!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Not everyone is born into a christian family so some don't have that choice.

But still, if I'm following your logic, after the choice is made they should no longer be his children. Let's put that into a modern example.

God is the father and he wants his child to follow his rules. The child makes a choice and this is to divorce from the father. This has been done. The outcome of this "choice" is that the child no longer has to follow the father's rules and, thereby, cannot be punished for not adhering to said rules.

We have the same problem, which is, after choosing, the child should be free from the father's punishment. Like I said in a previous post, the catch is that the bible says that punishment is still applicable so, the choice is pointless because it would seem that they are never really outside of that father's control. They still face punishment as of they were his child.

Yes the divorced child is free from the fathers punishment.Simply because the Father is no longer the Father, He then becomes the Judge
The face punishment for sin

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Joe, you said you were a Christian for seven years and you have these questions still?

Seven years and you didn't care to have them answered, you just went along mindlessly for seven years

Somethings don't change

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There we go with punishment again. For what ? What sin? I treat people with respect. I feed the poor. I volunteer my time to help others in need and I don't do it because I'm trying to earn points with my daddy or to convert people to my religion.

So what's the sin ? Tell me what is the sin? What am I being punished for? Not believing in an entity that does nothing for me ? Not worshipping a being that has more murders on his hands than any single human in history? Why does he even need our worship?

Did you know countries with the lowest rates of believers have lower crime rates and are generally happier countries ? Yet religious people keep saying society is going to craps because nobody respects god. Well why should we spend more energy respecting an invisible being when we have people that need our respect and help. Our brothers and sisters.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Oh trust me I asked many questions. Nobody could give any answers that made sense. Some answers are he is god he can do whatever he wants.

Instead of saying some things never change why not answer some questions ?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yes the divorced child is free from the fathers punishment.Simply because the Father is no longer the Father, He then becomes the Judge
The face punishment for sin

There is still punishment and the book says it is eternal. Isn't that where we started?

Your opinion that it is right doesn't change this.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
Instead of saying some things never change why not answer some questions ?

There are no real answers when you can read for yourself and catch the delusion that people need to keep the faith.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Oh I know. The answer is god can do what he wants he is god. Then you say well God obviously isn't a loving god. Then they say sure he is you are taking it out of context.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Every time.

Just look at the reply to the example of a child divorcing their father. The reason is the father has become the judge and they think that makes perfect sense.
edit on 30-4-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: edmc^2

There MUST be a pre-existing all powerful intelligent life to produce the physical Universe and all the things in it.

Why?

Of course, there's much more evidence supporting my position but the above is a good starting point.
Not if the only thing you are basing it on is your belief that the Bible is the word of your creator instead of various superstitious men.

The bible, all religions and faiths are the creations of mankind. Mankind itself is an evolutionary creation.

Who is the creator?

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join