It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Creation Is The Only Logical Explanation...

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Do criminals fear police, jail, being caught, what are you going to,say TC

People fear the same thing they have always feared, justice

i can understand how the concept of justice is difficult for you to understand, but fear of justice is a key motivator for many people

So rant and rail against God all you like, I bet you slow down when you see a police car, you are scared of being caught speeding
Justice

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I'd say all those things are similar and overlap so yeah they fear all of that.

i can understand how the concept of justice is difficult for you to understand, but fear of justice is a key motivator for many people.

So rant and rail against God all you like, I bet you slow down when you see a police car, you are scared of being caught speeding
Justice

You mean payback, like the mafia? Good to know god is such a classy fellow.

Actually ranting and railing against god probably has nothing to do with any concept of justice. What was the point in tying these together?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not afraid of justice. I live my life trying to be good to those around me because it's the right thing to do not because I'm scared of what's going to happen when I die.

If you need fear to motivate your good deeds fine good for you. But there's no evidence of sky daddy and stop telling non believers we are going to face justice from a figment of mens imagination.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Hilarious. So what do we do when we (don't) see god?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

i can understand how the concept of justice is difficult for you to understand, but fear of justice is a key motivator for many people

Justice

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Oh right, you call that justice.

edit on 27-4-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It sounds a little more like Joe Dredd, than Justice
I'm not saying that fear does not have a place, given I certainly don't see my deities as "love", but yeah if "God is love, then Love is in a non consensual D/s sense

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I don't rail against Jehovah/Allah, he's not one of my deities
For the record, I don't slow down near the police, as I tend to obey the road rules. Those who as you say "slow down near the cops" because the "fear" them, would be the worst Christians ever. They would break all the rules, then repent.

Oh and the road rules (as that is what you are talking about in your analogy) are not a good example. Common sense shows that they are right. Anyone who has been hit by a car, been in a car accident, etc gets that. Indeed anyone who is a thinking human being gets that.
Jehovah/Allah's laws are generally less obvious, and rather specific to its tastes.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I don't rail against Jehovah/Allah, he's not one of my deities
For the record, I don't slow down near the police, as I tend to obey the road rules. Those who as you say "slow down near the cops" because the "fear" them, would be the worst Christians ever. They would break all the rules, then repent.

Oh and the road rules (as that is what you are talking about in your analogy) are not a good example. Common sense shows that they are right. Anyone who has been hit by a car, been in a car accident, etc gets that. Indeed anyone who is a thinking human being gets that.
Jehovah/Allah's laws are generally less obvious, and rather specific to its tastes.

So why dont you speed, never speed, never have sped.

You are a good boy, I am a bad boy.

I am the worst christian ever, I have been hit by cars, been in an accident but sometimes I speed, hence why there are road rules.
To pretend that everyone is a goody goody like you, to pretend everyone is as perfect as you would be great but....we have road rules, police, courts, fines, prisons...why
Because they are needed.

Now if I was the WORST person in the world, why do other countrys have road rules, police, courts, fines, prisons...why
I am not there, they all must be safe

Do you really think before typing, you should

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I don't speed, because I've not seen the logical need too. I have however been hit by speeding drivers. So I guess I am biased. A cracked spine and ribs will do that

I am also not a "goody goody" I do not need a God to tell me what is right and what is wrong. Nor their itinerant children.

Now stop adding your own interpretation to my comments. There are LEOs because there are segments of society who decide they are above the law.

Jehovah/Allah's rules are open to the interpretation of whom ever is in charge of the faith. A large chunk of the second millenium saw people persecuted for things that these people said were "against gods will". You know being the wrong sort of Christian, Jewish, Rom, women, etc

So as I said, bad analogy.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Justice

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Oh right, you call that justice.

I think your understanding of fear is a little unbalanced, maybe suitable to your argument as opposed to logic.

Fear has motivated people to survive and grow

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Justice

I think your understanding of fear is a little unbalanced, maybe suitable to your argument as opposed to logic.

And a perfectly good Yoda quote is wasted as it sails right over your head.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I think you needed more squinting, and walking stick poking there. Perhaps making him run laps with you on his back?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Justice

And a perfectly good Yoda quote is wasted as it sails right over your head.

Strangely I am some what proud I dont know Yoda quotes

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Why does God need to use fear to get his program across to people. Love me and worship and I will love you but if you don't worship me I'll send giant horse sized locusts with scorpion tails to cause you to suffer so bad you will want to die. Sounds perfectly loving to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Hes supposed to be a father figure but when you don't believe in him or disobey he tortures you. What kind of parenting is that.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Hes supposed to be a father figure but when you don't believe in him or disobey he tortures you. What kind of parenting is that.

Really is that a question?
Did you father ever correct you and if so why

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Not like that. Plus everyone here had a human father.

Of course some had one just like god, never saw him.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Not like that. Plus everyone here had a human father.

Of course some had one just like god, never saw him.

Did your mummy or daddy ever smack your botty did they have a reason to use such unmitigated violence on your botty
Did they ever say, if you do that naughty thing you will get a smack on your little botty, did the threat of a smack on your little botty ever cause your behavior to change

We're your parents ever torturers because they smacked your little tooshy

Hell is a choice, it's a punishment for those who choose to reject God, accept the burden of their own sin

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Did my father correct me ? Sure he did. Did he torure me until I wanted to find death but could not (as written in revelation) no of course not because a loving father doesn't do that.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What a loving god. He doesn't do anything for us. Uses a book full of contradictions as his only way to prove himself. Decides that the only time he will let himself be known to be is when I die and because I choose not to worship him sends me to a place of eternal torment.

That would be like my birth father leaving when I was born and then when I'm a grown man he comes and beats me mercilessly because I didn't turn out the way he expected.

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join