It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean KF-X Stealth Fighter Scandal Worsens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It looks like the selection of the F-35 over the F-15SE was influenced in ways it ought not. Several officials are now facing investigation. Apparently, the tech transfer Boeing was offering was better than what Lockheed is going to, but several KAF officials intervened against Boeing. But then, the US government prevented the export of at least four different technologies they wanted. I wonder how had this will get?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Ultimately the DoD councils the powers that be in congress on what technologies can be transferred and why. The various committees in charge of such transfers and foreign military sales have no reason but to take the DoD's word and pass judgement with that strong bias. In the end our allies buying the f-35 over other aircraft is good for the U.S. It makes the production of lots of aircraft cheaper and the future ease of maintaining parts supplies exponentially easier.

They can argue collusion all they want. the government protects their own interests first and when it comes to military hardware; they have all the power and the industries don't have the rights and liberties of a normal industry.

Think of the car you buy, mass produced and sells at least 500,000 individual units a year? Good chance you'll be able to find parts in 15 years. My Saab that peaked at 200,000 a year? Well let's just say I buy a lot of used parts and fix a lot of crap on my own with a little bit of tinkering.

join