It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Debunk This? Strange Anomaly over Geneva Switzerland Aug 2015- Shiva Face Cern Sept 2015

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

a reply to: tigertatzen

Yes, they have talked about it. Just not about "erasing the planet." You seem to have made that part up.

I am not in the habit of making things up, Phage, and I do not understand why you would suggest such a thing. I guess I should have said "sucking the planet into itself" or something like that. I'm no expert, but it would seem to me that if Earth got sucked into a black hole, or a powerful strangelet was created or a monopole, the ensuing destruction of the planet would be synonymous with "erasing" it. I am not saying that I believe this will happen, I am simply making a hypothetical suggestion.

Everything pertaining to this is theoretical; theoretically, it could happen and, also theoretically, it could be just fine. The only way we'll ever know for sure is if it actually occurs.

No. It isn't science at all.

It most certainly is, but of course you're entitled to your own opinion, same as I am.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'm no expert, but it would seem to me that if Earth got sucked into a black hole, or a powerful strangelet was created or a monopole, the ensuing destruction of the planet would be synonymous with "erasing" it. I am not saying that I believe this will happen, I am simply making a hypothetical suggestion.
Yes. You made it up. Because you don't even understand it a little bit and it's oh so scary because....black hole. No scientists have made the claim that the Earth could be "sucked up", you made this up:

We are talking about these people creating a singularity, which has the potential to erase the entire planet from existence, which the scientists at CERN have openly discussed.

Everything pertaining to this is theoretical; theoretically, it could happen and, also theoretically, it could be just fine. The only way we'll ever know for sure is if it actually occurs.
So, you accept the theory that says that the LHC could possibly create tiny black holes but reject the same part of it that says there is no danger of the Earth being "sucked into" them. By the same theory (the one that makes your computer work), if the LHC can produce those tiny black holes, so do cosmic rays. What happened to all those tiny black holes?

It most certainly is, but of course you're entitled to your own opinion, same as I am.
Yes. But if you equate "majick" with science your opinion is fallacious.

edit on 10/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yes. You made it up. Because you don't even understand it a little bit and it's oh so scary because....black hole. No scientists have made the claim that the Earth could be "sucked up", you made this up:

I did not make anything up. Nor did I say anything about it being "oh so scary". I was responding to another poster with the suggestion that it is not wise for anyone to discount the possibility. They say that a mini black hole would not do such a thing, but they do not know for 100% certain that it won't...just as they don't know for 100% that it will, either, because it has never been done.

CERN scientists admit that the LHC could produce black holes, but they also say those black holes would be on a subatomic scale and would collapse almost instantly. In contrast, the black holes astronomers study result from an entire star collapsing in on itself. There's a big difference between the mass of a star and that of a proton.
Another concern is that the LHC will produce an exotic (and so far hypothetical) material called strangelets. One possible trait of strangelets is particularly worrisome. Cosmologists theorize that strangelets could possess a powerful gravitational field that might allow them to convert the entire planet into a lifeless hulk.
Scientists at LHC dismiss this concern using multiple counterpoints. First, they point out that strangelets are hypothetical. No one has observed such material in the universe. Second, they say that the electromagnetic field around such material would repel normal matter rather than change it into something else. Third, they say that even if such matter exists, it would be highly unstable and would decay almost instantaneously. Fourth, the scientists say that high-energy cosmic rays should produce such material naturally. Since the Earth is still around, they theorize that strangelets are a non-issue.
Another theoretical particle the LHC might generate is a magnetic monopole. Theorized by P.A.M. Dirac, a monopole is a particle that holds a single magnetic charge (north or south) instead of two. The concern Wagner and Sancho cited is that such particles could pull matter apart with their lopsided magnetic charges. CERN scientists disagree, saying that if monopoles exist, there's no reason to fear that such particles would cause such destruction. In fact, at least one team of researchers is actively looking for evidence of monopoles with the hopes that the LHC will produce some.

science.howstuffworks.com...

The possibility exists. And no amount of mockery or sarcasm will change that. I personally do not discount possibilities like that because there have been countless things throughout time that were believed to have been impossible, and then later proven to be entirely possible. The truth is, we simply do not know until it actually happens.

I never said scientists claimed any such thing. And CERN most certainly did address that concern. It was the basis for the lawsuits that were filed in an attempt to prevent them from turning on the LHC.

So, you accept the theory that says that the LHC could possibly create tiny black holes but reject the same part of it that says there is no danger of the Earth being "sucked into" them. By the same theory (the one that makes your computer work), if the LHC can produce those tiny black holes, so do cosmic rays. What happened to all those tiny black holes?

I would really appreciate it if you would stop twisting my words and attributing things to me that I did not say. You are making inaccurate assumptions about my view on this. I very clearly and distinctly told you that I believe anything is possible. I am not rejecting anything. I am simply saying that the possibility exists, and it does. If the physicists at CERN did not recognize that, why would they have taken the time to address the concern in the first place?

It was a hypothetical question for the purpose of pointing out that no one actually knows precisely what would or would not happen, until it actually happens. I'll say it again: I do not personally believe that a miniature black hole would flatten the planet out like a pancake and suck it in, but I do not discount the possibility of my being wrong in that belief.

The reason that it is said that scientists believe a certain thing to be true is because they don't know it to be an irrefutable fact. Scientific observation and knowledge supports it, but that does not mean it is infallible. Theory does not equate to fact, and that is something that is taught to kids in 3rd grade science class, yet so many people insist on drawing a line in the sand and asserting that it does.

Yes. But if you equate "majick" with science your opinion is fallacious.

Now you're openly mocking my religious beliefs. Does it make you feel superior to belittle another person's core beliefs?

Theology itself is a science. Herbal medicine is a science. Alchemy is also a science, and is in fact made possible by the existence of particle accelerators. It was the predecessor of modern chemistry. The very topic of this thread is the suggestion that the LHC can literally perform Magick, by summoning a being from another dimension using science to accomplish it. I think perhaps you have a rather skewed view of what Witchcraft actually entails, as do most people who do not understand it. Either way, there is no reason to be nasty about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I never said scientists claimed any such thing.
Yes. You did. Right here:

We are talking about these people creating a singularity, which has the potential to erase the entire planet from existence, which the scientists at CERN have openly discussed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Can you show me any scientists (much less from CERN) who have said the LHC could create something which could erase the entire planet from existence?

Now you're openly mocking my religious beliefs.
No. I am saying they are not science. That is the case with all religious belief systems.

Theology itself is a science.
No. It is a discussion of things which cannot be demonstrated. It is a discussion of how many angels can dance on the head of pin.

Herbal medicine is a science.
Meh. A bit so. It can be. It can employ the scientific method.

Alchemy is also a science, and is in fact made possible by the existence of particle accelerators.
There were particle accelerators in the middle ages? But no, alchemy was not science, it was blind fumbling. "Maybe if I mix this stuff with that stuff..." Apparently you do not actually know what science is.

I think perhaps you have a rather skewed view of what Witchcraft actually entails, as do most people who do not understand it. Either way, there is no reason to be nasty about it.
I wasn't. I said that "magick" is not science. That's not nasty, it's a fact. I said that you're claiming that it is, is fallacious. It is.

edit on 10/4/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I never said scientists claimed any such thing.
Yes. You did. Right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Can you show me any scientists (much less from CERN) who have said the LHC could create something which could erase the entire planet from existence?

This is the last time I will repeat myself, ok? I did not say that scientists claimed any. such. thing. I said they openly discussed it. There were lawsuits brought by people trying to stop them from turning on the collider, and the scientists at CERN openly addressed those concerns. Nowhere did I say that any scientists, from CERN or anywhere else, made the claims. It was the people who tried to stop them who made the claims. I don't know how I could possibly make that any clearer. You are literally taking something that I said and twisting it into something else that I most certainly did not say at all.

The only reason I mentioned it at all was to make a point that we do not know what would happen if a black hole were to be created and the possibility does exist that something catastrophic could happen. That's it. Nothing more.

There were particle accelerators in the middle ages? But no, alchemy was not science, it was blind fumbling. "Maybe if I mix this stuff with that stuff..." Apparently you do not actually know what science is.

No. I don't know what your problem is, or why you have suddenly made me a target, but there is no reason for you to be attacking me. Stop insinuating that I am stupid. It is uncalled for and I have done nothing to deserve that kind of treatment from you. You may not agree with me, but that is no reason to speak to me that way, and I am asking you right now, in front of everyone, to stop it. Obviously there were no particle accelerators in the Middle Ages, and what a ridiculous thing to say.

You can have your opinions, but stop bullying me. There is absolutely no cause for that kind of thing. I have been nothing but cordial to you up until now and yet you are attacking me, questioning my intelligence, and twisting my words around so you can belittle me. Just because I may not word things to your liking or have opinions that you don't agree with does not mean that I am stupid, nor does it give you the right to behave like this. Enough.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Phage I believe you are just bored and trying to stir chit bc he didn't say a scientist at cern stated that. He even posted more stating the same. Opinions facts and theories on the subject at hand is fine. Being a summers eve is not. Move along if you have nothing to contribute

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I dont agree with someone disagreeing and trying to prove what they disagree with is bullying.
I also dont agree with the new agey concept of "not believing in coincidences" which is fine because you do and both our opinions are just as valid.

One thing I would like clarification on is this statement that "Alchemy is also a science, and is in fact made possible by the existence of particle accelerators" . Alchemy, as an art , has been around centuries longer then particle accelerators so my hope is you can clarify that line for me so it's better understood. Obviously you know that so I'm interested to hear what point you were trying to make with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You know your computer uses principles of quantum mechanics, right? You know that, if the LHC could produce a micro black hole, cosmic rays are doing so as we speak and have been doing so since pretty much forever, right? What do you happened to all those little black holes?

Interesting.. you may have provided an answer I needed. And yes, it makes sense that a computer use those principles.

Technically speaking, we work with magic every day. The fact that we communicate is a form of casting "spells" unto one another. These words alone are spelling out a point. That is why words program people, like a computer anology of 0's and 1's.

Even science itself is a form of magic. nature is magical, aswell. Just because we as human beings don't carry magic wands or cast fireballs with our hands doesn't mean magic doesn't exist. Thought alone is extremely powerful, and perhaps this is what differs us from the animal kingdom. (or so we assume, because we really dont know if animals are capable or rational thinking or not. Perhaps evolution would provide this in the future or is science 100% sure animals do not think, yet animals are conscious ?)

Ironically, science has also had experiments through quantum principles on the "magic of thoughts". However this is a more realistic approach to the topic, because words, communication is extremely powerful and influential for the human mind.

This said, we are all walking magicians whether we like it or not. We practice magic unknowingly even through the wish of a birthday candle (as tiger mentioned earlier).

I am curious, in your own words though, (with regards to the black holes), what happens to them? I feel you have alot to say, perhaps you can write up a paragraph or two in explanation with your own words? (I would really appreciate that, and thanks for posting phage.)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
Even science itself is a form of magic. nature is magical, aswell.
This is dictionary abuse. Nature is about the natural world, and science is about the natural world.

magic is about the supernatural, not the natural.

Someone argued that advanced technology might look like magic, especially to someone from a less advanced culture, but it's not really magic.

with regards to the black holes), what happens to them?
Nobody has ever seen a micro black hole but if one is created it is expected to turn into a shower of particles in a tiny fraction of a second. The particles would leave traces in CERN's particle detectors, up to the equivalent of 14 mosquitos in flight's worth, the amount of energy in a 14TeV collision which CERN is now capable of.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So, is there something peculiar about that?

Actually, I was about to say it could have been keyed in if it were not for the guy at the gate looking at, or video taping the same thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

BREAKING NEWS: YouTube clicks make money for the video uploader!!!

Any 16yr old with a few days practice can do video effects better than that video

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at what appears to be going on at CERN's LHC and thinking WTF! It seems these people are using some ancient occult knowledge in the recreation of some technology to summon some ungodly power. As is evidenced by the massive and pervasive occult symbology in the world I believe the elite have been practicing some ritualistic magick in their efforts not only to rule, but I believe they either are, or are related to, some ancient entities that have been somehow trapped on the Earth and cannot escape. I'm not only thinking like many that they are calling something in with the LHC. Maybe they are trying to get out.

I remember reading some mythology many years ago suggesting that some advanced beings were imprisoned on the Earth and a shield put in place to prevent their escape. I'm not suggesting that man cannot leave; I am suggesting maybe these beings cannot leave.

Just something I thought I would toss in here.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So what happened in the end?

Did it just disappear?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i do my best to keep up with it but it seems to be going no where since the source would be the ones doing the summon of Kali, so I dont think their sharing is priority one.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A being which exists and relies on a certain order or balance to exist and has never known anything but order and balance in it's existence comes up with all sorts of hair-brained theories to explain the chaos it cannot understand.

Chaos is the opposite of order, and there is order to chaos.

Everything is relative.

Religion is an incredibly weak attempt at explaining the things we do not understand yet by people in the past who understood less than people of our time do.

I do not understand how religion even comes into this topic at all.

Gee whiz, what if they actually learn something real from these experiments?, something for the betterment of all mankind and the world?.

Even of they do it won't matter because all of the conflicting beliefs and ignorance in this world will destroy everything anyway....

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

magic is about the supernatural, not the natural.

Someone argued that advanced technology might look like magic, especially to someone from a less advanced culture, but it's not really magic.

So magic would be a natural phenomenon that is not yet explained by science? If that is true I have magical experiences all the time.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Because the truth is dangerous? I agree..

OP this is freaky stuff to put it mildly, and it is probably exactly as the videos are saying.

That face and features are exactly like the image and seems to be an icon already used by CERN. I don't see how that can just be a coincidence. No way.
It is answering their call!

icon? the shiva?.....techies are natural symbol makers....most of them when younger, lived at home, didn't have a girlfriend, or went to parties...and if they did, they were ignored...they played fantasy games on their devices for hours and hours, instead of being able to play sports, or at least hang and be cool doing something fun with others....symbols??? hell yeah, par for the course for tech people.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Just a reminder, in the end, it is that always that one crazy nut preaching that turns out to be right. [...] What does ATS think?

Sometimes a crazy nut is just a crazy nut, and they end up in a hospital.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Because the truth is dangerous? I agree..

OP this is freaky stuff to put it mildly, and it is probably exactly as the videos are saying.

That face and features are exactly like the image and seems to be an icon already used by CERN. I don't see how that can just be a coincidence. No way.
It is answering their call!

icon? the shiva?.....techies are natural symbol makers....most of them when younger, lived at home, didn't have a girlfriend, or went to parties...and if they did, they were ignored...they played fantasy games on their devices for hours and hours, instead of being able to play sports, or at least hang and be cool doing something fun with others....symbols??? hell yeah, par for the course for tech people.

So, your saying all the CERN scientists now, are like the proverbial teenager who lived in their Mom's basement till well past college, played dungeons and dragons, believing some computer games were actually real, and things like that?

I always kind of suspected this..
Thanks for the info

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
So magic would be a natural phenomenon that is not yet explained by science? If that is true I have magical experiences all the time.
Such as?
Supernatural

by definition anything that exists naturally is not supernatural
This definition about what exists naturally is true whether we understand the causes of our observations or not.

Now if you're asking if humans are capable of miscategorizing the natural as the supernatural, the obvious answer is "yes". We've sacrificed virgins to supernatural "rain gods" during periods of drought to appease the gods so they will make it rain. Our misperception of rain as having a supernatural source doesn't change the fact rain has a natural source.

As science advances, the need for such supernatural explanations seems to get smaller and smaller, though I'm constantly amazed by how many people hang on to supernatural beliefs. I wonder if we are genetically programmed to have such beliefs, or if there is some other explanation. The reason I asked for an example of what you're talking about is that science has a fairly broad understanding of the natural world in modern times, though of course that knowledge is still growing.

Just a reminder, in the end, it is that always that one crazy nut preaching that turns out to be right. [...] What does ATS think?

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Sometimes a crazy nut is just a crazy nut, and they end up in a hospital.
Yes, I'm thinking more than 99 times out of 100, or more than 99% of the time that's more likely. There is the one in a thousand though. Before Edward Snowden came along, there were people saying things like Edward Snowden said, but most people thought they were nuts. Then Snowden came along and proved they weren't nuts, so it can happen, but it's rare.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join