It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Harper Mercer Oregon's Alleged Umqua Community College Shooter Identified, Police Say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Left hand path is an occult term. It includes Satanists, Thelemites, and Ceremonail magick among others.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I am interested to hear more on this investigation and specifically what was said to the people he shot. If he did target Christians specifically then I would think this does have a religious overtone. I am very interested to find out if there was a note or manifesto left somewhere that explains his point of view. Very disturbing stuff.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Here is some info from one source talking about online rantings and a possible maifesto.

Investigators have shed very little light publicly on Mercer's possible motive for the shooting. However, reports indicated they were examining Mercer's online presence very closely. One law enforcement official described Mercer to The New York Times as appearing to be "an angry young man who was very filled with hate." Another official said investigators were poring over what he described as "hateful"writings by Mercer. Oregon's top federal prosecutor told The Oregonian newspaper that authorities had heard rumors that the gunman had issued "some sort of race-related manifesto" before the shooting.

Source

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
He went in to a science class and asked if they were Christian, doesn't take a math genius for the answer what he was looking for, he believes they were sinners if they said yes.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The guy was a hardcore catholic? With a gun? Who believes Homo sapiens were born 6000 years ago? And aren't primates?

A religious fanatic with a gun, who doesn't understand the basics of humanity which was born 6000 years ago, becomes frustrated?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
He was also apparently British born and his family moved to the states in the mid 90's.

This source has a link to a video of his father answering some questions.

Source

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You're doing a great job researching and directing your thread, Vasa.
Unfortunately, the other thread came first, descended into petty name-calling, and lacked your continuous infusion of balance, information and insight.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
More pics from his MySpace account:

He seems to have a thing for the IRA.

How strange......

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Since I'm new here, I should say that my twin brother lives i Roseburg. He has 5 acres out in the country. He doesn't knows any of the victims.
This whole thing is a maximum tragedy

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadtoad2
Since I'm new here, I should say that my twin brother lives i Roseburg. He has 5 acres out in the country. He doesn't knows any of the victims.
This whole thing is a maximum tragedy

Have the names of the victims been released?
edit on 2-10-2015 by raedar because: typoo

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The guy was a hardcore catholic? With a gun? Who believes Homo sapiens were born 6000 years ago? And aren't primates?

A religious fanatic with a gun, who doesn't understand the basics of humanity which was born 6000 years ago, becomes frustrated?

did you even read the sources and what the guy posted about himself?

No hes not Catholic, all of your assumptions are off base.........

FAMILY COMFORTS DISTRAUGHT WOMAN after Thursday's mass murder at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, where witnesses say gunman, Christopher Harper Mercer, asked potential victims their religion — and shot those who said they were Christian in the head — while online accounts linked to the shooter expressed disdain for organized religion.

Please research before coming in and trying to derail the thread with more rhetoric
edit on 10/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Bahahaha CNN did it again!
2 of these reporter drones were interviewing some huckabee guy, when they openly stated CNN will NOT name the shooter to prevent glorification. Huckabee said the same deal. Not even 20 minutes later the CNN reporter says the guys name and even posts it on the scrolling ticker.
20 minutes...suprised they lasted that long

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
He claimed to be bi-racial. Does anybody know what his ethnicity was?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Vasa Croe posted a link above to an interview with his dad, who looked Caucasian and sounded maybe of British descent, so half Caucasian.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Details Emerge About Umpqua Community College Shooting Suspect

"I just started noticing him the last 4-6 months, there's a playground out behind the apartments, and we're on the second story. I go outside to smoke and I watch for anyone," said neighbor Steven Fisher, who also said he had never spoken to Mercer. "Around 5-5:30 in the evening I'd see him out there with a couple kids. He seemed skittish, always looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was watching."

Not too much that hasn't been stated in this thread, however.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 2-10-2015 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Three people now have come forward now that hold Oregon `CCWs and were in classes at the collage during the shooting but could not carry there weapons on campus.

I support laws that let CCW holders carry on collage campuses.
Not because they could have done anything but because people thinking of shooting up a collage will think that they may be confronted by a armed CCW holder.
States with high numbers of CCW holders have lower numbers of mass shooting out side of gun free zones.
Mass shooters look for gun free zones because they can shoot more people.

Alek Skarlatos one of the french train heros also goes to Umqua Community College
www.kgw.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I found it very interesting that one of the 3 men who prevented the Paris Train Disaster attends this college. Alek Skarlatos was/is a hero. I also found it interesting that the gunman asked if people were Christian or not before he assassinated them. I wonder what are those books in the picture to the left of the gunman?

I found an interview of Alek with Ellen

Alek Skarlatos told Ellen DeGeneres on Thursday that he would have been on the Umpqua Community College campus when a mass shooting took place if not for Dancing With The Stars.

The 22-year-old Paris train hero discussed the shooting at the Oregon campus in an Ellen episode that will air on Monday.

edit on 10/2/2015 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

I don't think your assumption that the shooter thought they were sinners, is correct.

Last evening, while watching CNN, they had a reporter speaking with the father of one the shooting victims. His daughter was in surgery, but he spoke to her before she went in. His daughter reported to him that the shooter asked each person if they were Christian, when they responded yes, the shooter said, "Good. You are going to see God in about 1 second." Then he shot them in the head.

Please realize these quoted words are second hand from a victim, to her father, then his recollection of her account, to the news crew...but that was the gist of it.

His daughter had a bullet lodged near her lower spine, but was expected to recover, and walk again. A glimmer of good news in this sad event.

ETA: I found a link to a CNN article detailing this victim's account. (a video loads, which isn't related to the article...sorry)
CNN article

edit on 10/2/2015 by Olivine because: add link

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Why is race relevant?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join