It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google exec: With robots in our brains, we'll be godlike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
AND you could be hacked and be slavelike ...FOREVER.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

What happens when combat modified people exit service?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lol, the irony in such words... Cold, logical circuits, believing it self to be God...How unimaginative and primitive...and childish.

Personally I would love augmentations my self, like hydraulic biceps to help me beat my old curling record, thing is, though how many people or rabbits would have to suffer and be sacrificed for such a goal. Although prosthetic s and pacemakers are one thing, but fully replacing every organ, to such extremes, no thanks. Id be more inclined to genetic augmentation then cybernetics, but hell, the risks would be greater, I could grow a third eye.

It just it wouldn't be flawless for a very long time, and hell the way software being upgraded to the dismal idea of innovative, I hope anyone that does lags for a couples thousand years in a crate missed all that life.

Hotmail sucks these days.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

They would probably have thier chips turned off until needed again.

Or leave them on I see nothing wrong with being superhuman.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Futurist and Google exec Ray Kurzweil thinks that once we have robotic implants, we'll be funnier, sexier and more loving. Because that's what artificial intelligence can do for you.

We are already "gods". What happened to practice makes perfect? This just sounds like lazy talk to me.

edit on 2-10-2015 by QuietSpeech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure how many of you are gamers, but the first thing that comes to mind is www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc

With that being said, with the workforce continuing to be automated, I don't really see any other choice for those who require to work 9-5 jobs to get cybernetic augmentations. They'll have to in order to compete with each wave of automated tech for corporate and private industries alike. Also if this becomes a commercial trend, you'll more than likely have to adopt a few nano/cybernetic augments as a prerequisite for most if not all jobs in the near future due to the increase in labor efficiency among human employees.

All speculation aside, I still think this is a pretty cool concept regardless of the negative connotations it comes with referring to this tech as being 'god-like' and the negative implications that could be argued against its use.
edit on 2-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sounds good to me, I could admin the whole datacenter at a single thought. Sure would make my job easier. No more of this mucking about one system at a time nonsense.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

They are required to return government property.

After that, they can apply at the VA for neuronormalization rehab. Should be an opening in 6.2 years.
edit on 4-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Instead of talking video games, this moron google exec, Why doesn't he explain how come that everyone in the west is being brainmapped since 2003-2004. Why do CIA and NSA need maps of every wester person's brain?
The answer is simple... So that they can stimulate the brain in the exact points to torture and mind control people.
But NO! This freak thinks he's in a video game of some sort.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Mark of the beast. controlling our very existence and changing what we think is real.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I will always choose to be human. No bionic implants or DNA changes. If that means I have to live in a cave and hide from the new cyborg overlords so be it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join