It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google exec: With robots in our brains, we'll be godlike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here's more:

Futurist and Google exec Ray Kurzweil thinks that once we have robotic implants, we'll be funnier, sexier and more loving. Because that's what artificial intelligence can do for you.

www.cnet.com...

I don't know about godlike but we will be enhanced and this is inevitable unless the Middle East spreads into a world wide conflict then who knows what can happen.

We will have to do this or you will have 2 sets of humans. You will have regular and enhanced and regular humans will be like animals to enhanced humans especially as the brain implants become more complex. People will also opt for robotic arms and legs will will make things much easier until we're basically a brain surrounded by robotic parts and maybe we will not even need a brain one day.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
sign me up

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Nice I always knew I would be godlike someday with more advanced tech made to better our society I may see my dreams of godhood come to pass in this lifetime!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I'm down for an upgrade....with computers as part of the brain I wonder how we would view those without the upgrade? Ditch diggers and slaves?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

With all the implants you can either use it to be a fear monger or a love giver. Use your strength to dig ditches faster, not force others to dig them for you.

Do you think millions of people will get access to this? Look at how people use their cars, now imagine them being able to lift one. This dream is not sustainable for the rest of the world and will benifit a few. The minute this become possible and legal watch who will get to play God. The same ones who just love to share their pink teddyBears with everyone.

To think this is a great idea is naive and will not play put like in the movies.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
People can hack the electronic systems of cars to make them drive as over 100 mph and then crash into a tree. Is a chip in your head just as appealing?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
once you eliminate the biological base and create a cloud you can respawn.
edit on 1-10-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Don't tell the normies!! /sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just make sure you are the only administrator of your Devices.

Any Corporate / Government involvement should be legislated as unlawful RIGHT NOW.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's all part and a step of the 2045 plan that Kurzweil is involved in.

Harnessed consciousness, neutral dock networks uploads of any knowledge, and maybe even weapon integrated limbs and a turn off switch for the outdated/ undesirable models.

Plus imagine it's a wealth of hacking in the making.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think the military will be the first to have this tech to improve thier officers.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

We will have to do this or you will have 2 sets of humans. You will have regular and enhanced and regular humans will be like animals to enhanced humans especially as the brain implants become more complex. People will also opt for robotic arms and legs will will make things much easier until we're basically a brain surrounded by robotic

I will just hack them all and create my own private army

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

This will be the downfall of Humankind (although there is some # going on right now which could be the downfall).

The question here is: Do you want to have your own thoughts and feelings or do you want your thoughts and feelings being controlled by someone/something else?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I think the military will be the first to have this tech to improve thier officers.

How about politicians? Hell they need improvement

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mapsurfer_

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

How about politicians? Hell they need improvement

Yes that would be a start, but why stop there when everyone could just use biochips made from designer viruses instead of cell phones!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It's the next phase of evolution, but no thanks. I want to stay in my 3D realm, it's my home.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Here's more:

Futurist and Google exec Ray Kurzweil thinks that once we have robotic implants, we'll be funnier, sexier and more loving. Because that's what artificial intelligence can do for you.

Isn't that meaning of been human? I am already all that without the "artificial intelligence", why would I want to become a robot, it seems that this executive is in a major power trip, I would not want to be around him after he gets is "artificial intelligence" his ago may become toxic.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The last thing I want is some buggy ass code in my brain. I'm sure google would love it, however, so they could stream ads directly into your skull.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

I remember a movie I seen like that I forgot the main character name, he had been implanted without knowing and he was getting advertising about all kind of stuff driving him crazy.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"...you will be better slaves!" is what he actually meant.

i'm worried about the killswitch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join