It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fighter fly by

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'll say. Either they pulled straight up and into orbit (joking). Or that tech is out of this world

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

There are ways to make an aircraft disappear and not just in the radio band frequencies.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Like the tv show "The Event". I'm only joking. I'm sure it has to do with the coating blends in with the sky. Or active camouflage.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I don't think this was proven a hoax.

youtu.be...
edit on 2-10-2015 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

There's been a lot of ground breaking developments in the realm of meta-materials. And that has just been in the white world.
One could spend days researching and finding all kinds of intriguing info on them and other active camo. concepts on the net.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Badgermole42

What do you call it when an F-22 and F-16 go behind a cloud, you hear both still, but only see the F-16 afterwards?

I call it weird.

Are you saying the F-22 can make itself invisible to the naked eye ?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: madmick

No. I'm saying they tried some things that didn't work in the early days.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So, something that didn't work earlier is now working, and it can now make the aircraft seem invisible ?
I'm afraid I know very little about aircraft technology, but is that even possible, to make an aircraft seem invisible to the eye, or are you talking about something electronic, like RCS and radar return

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

They were using optical camouflage on a 2 meter unmanned test aircraft at 2,000 feet in 2007. The way they did it was quickly classified, but it doesn't work on an F-22 so the few that had it, had it removed after trying it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be relatively easy. Flexible thin screens cover the bottom. A single camera pointing straight up. I know I'm wrong, but it sounded good.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Would it be reasonable to assume they may have perfected it since 2007 then ? Can such a thing work on a fighter aircraft. I mean, a small aircraft is quite hard to see a few thousand feet up and moving fast anyway, so if it has optical camouflage you are pretty much never going to see it until it's to late, is that about right.
"Quickly classified" means it went black I guess

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I can't tell what kind of planes they were although it sounds like everyone has settled on the F-22. What I can tell you is the F-22 has a very distinctive whine or whistle when at slower speeds. You can always tell the F-22 by the sound, even when I can't see it. Sort of like the A-10 has a very distinct turbine sound.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Not at supersonic speeds and 9Gs.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It's hard for the system to keep up as they're maneuvering, or at the speeds they fly at.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I guess it wouldn't be much use anyway if you are travelling at near mach 2 and engines screaming. But, I can see where such a thing would be very useful on a slow moving, very quite, drone like aircraft, going in a straight line doing low level surveillance maybe. Can such technology be applied to any aircraft, i.e a blimp

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

If they put that technology on a blimp I can only assume the accidents that would happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If it's been perfected, and I'm not saying it has or hasn't, then I can see it going on a stealthy P-ISR platform.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

What altitude would that be safe.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Any. It could go in at medium or high altitude. Medium altitude would stay away from normal air traffic altitudes, and high altitude would be above normal commercial altitudes.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yeah, I get your point on that , but if it's at 80-100,000 ft, then there can't be much traffic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join