It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Mass shootings are 'something we should politicize'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Remind me to liberate Canada.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Gestas because: added political correctness

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And what is the purpose of the militia?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

But you are all doom in USA, 350 millions gun.... 1 per person... lol, you cannot go back... Obama is just ashame of your refusal.

Yeah someone DOES need to 'wake up'.

According to your figures that means 349,999,999 million other gun owners didn't kill anyone.

For some odd reason there is 'some' problem endemic in the US because apparently.

.01% of the population does 'bad' things.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gestas

Here, we "fight" the gouvernement for more gun law. 60% of Canadian want more gun law. But the gouvernement for the past 9 yrs just destroy our national gun register ( He is funded by the NRA Canada )

Now, his gouvernement ( Harper ) made up a "crisis" about the Niqab. He engage 1 guy from Australia, a political stratege, Lyndon Cosby i think. And they spin a "story" of 2 woman in 8yrs with a niquab didnt want to take it off for being citizen.

On this story, Harper controlled the media ( and his opponent ), because the other 2 party were outrage by this news ( and dont want to make law for woman to show their face for citizenship, so it's their fault too, because i admit the Canadian population find it weird ).

Anyway in Resume, we got a Harper Gouvernement right-wing ( He HATE obama LOL and state it. ) that made the country 150 BILLIONS debt in 8yr.

BUT he might be re-elected on immigration "Issue" of 2 woman that didnt want to show their face.... LOL

So YES PLEASE, liberate ( or invade i dont care
) Harper gouvernement... He is destroying Canadian reputation ( like Obama bring up USA reputation after Bush )

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So it seems you are talking a bunch of smack, when you say we need to respect the 2nd yet it doesn't apply to citizens not in a militia!

I said nothing of the sort. What I did say is that the intent of the 2nd amendment is to give the people the right to revolt under tyrannical government. All of the other benefits for the people are just icing on the cake. If you have the right to bear arms to combat tyrannical government, you have the right to protect yourself. But that is not it's purest intent.

As far as naming militias, I don't see the point. If I gave you names and/or places of where I've been and the people I've talked to that would give you info on who I am. I don't like that idea. We can talk about this issue without making it personal.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But you are all doom in USA, 350 millions gun.... 1 per person... lol, you cannot go back... Obama is just ashame of your refusal.

Yeah someone DOES need to 'wake up'.

According to your figures that means 349,999,999 million other gun owners didn't kill anyone.

For some odd reason there is 'some' problem endemic in the US because apparently.

.01% of the population does 'bad' things.

LOL what ?

www.washingtonpost.com...

274 gun owner killed 900 person in 9 months xD.

The problems is the guns that fire MANY and FAST bullet. Like Semi-automactic AR. Handgun with modifie mag etc.

These are guns for killing humans, not hunting xD And you know it.

But AGAINS, you have 350 millions Gun/AR/Shotgun etc... You are just doom xD.

You will look like 3rd world country every 2-3months xD. + All your retarded kids that need attention will do it. Because it's bring all the media around their worthless person to the depend of innoncent killing.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I seriously believe that the problem with people doing these things is the massive increase in drugs used to treat mental disorders and being used on kids with developing brains. They never learn how to handle their emotions and feelings like normal people do growing up. You cannot alter brain chemistry in developing minds and expect them to be normal. This is a huge problem that no one want to admit to, but these things started happening since the big pharma party on money used to treat mental issues, lie normal depression, anxiety, etc. that we all have at one point or another. But, in recent time it is all covered up by drugs ubtil these in a small percentile break and do something like this.

Guns have been around since the country began. It is time for people to realize the real issues. Things are going to get a whole lot worse with the separation driven politics creating class and race wars, not to mention the clash of culture issues.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
UPDATE

CHRIS HARPER MERCER

LOCATION of Residence.

Los Angeles, California USA

spiritualpassions.com...

Looks like he was a Gamer too

Inb4 ban violent video games.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Yeah but gun before were less effective. You can't deny how high-tech gun are now.

+ now "Reject" know they can be on tv for week by doing this. It's easy for them to get gun that are good for killing human ( not hunting gun that need reload a lot ).

So they do this, if these gun were hard to get. And the only gun he could have are "hunting gun that need reload". AT LEAST killing will be cut in half.

But, your 2nd right tell you can have army guns to fight off when your gouvernement will try to kill you.................... LOL come on we are in 2015. I know Donald Trump is scary, but come on xD. No advance/democratic/liberty of press country will act like Hitler now.

If it happen, it would be Trump lol. Killing "illegal immigrant" on sight lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
The problems is the guns that fire MANY and FAST bullet. Like Semi-automactic AR. Handgun with modifie mag etc.

Your own country doesn't ban semi-automatic firearms. Granted, you do have limits of 5 and 10 rounds for semi-automatic centerfire rifles and handguns, respectfully. More than enough, especially with a handgun, to do major damage. There's actually no magazine limit whatsoever on Canadian rimfire rifles. You can drop a 100 round drum off a 10/22 if you want. The point being, your own Canadian gun laws aren't that restrictive and probably aren't preventing anything.

Yet these things don't happen in Canada. And then there's Neo's argument, which is absolutely true. We know that there are tens of millions of owners of semi-automatic firearms in the US who will never use them to commit a crime.

The problem isn't the firearm. Its the criminal/idiot operating it.

edit on 1-10-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ignore my last post about his address.

Was just informed in another thread here

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Gestas
One thing Strikes me about it.. LOCATION
Los Angeles, California USA

Did he go to Oregon just to kill people and Die ?

He moved there recently, or rather he lived with his mom, and his mom moved to Oregon:

Update, 9:49 p.m. EST: The Daily Beast reported that a MySpace profile registered under the name Chris Harper Mercer is listed as being in Torrance, California. However, Mercer and his mother reportedly moved to Winchester, Oregon, about four miles away from the Umpqua campus in Roseburg.

His profile hasn't been accessed in several months.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Gun grabbing will never work in America without the complete dismantling of our countries values, ideals, traditions and Constitution.

Put another way, the ultimate path the gun grabbers are on is one that leads to the total destruction of America and the sole reason it is the major world superpower it is.

I personally view these people as enemies of the state and a threat to all Americans. Statistics, science, honor and tradition all are on my side of the argument.

It's time this nonsense stopped. They won't be getting the guns.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

This is a political choice that we make, to allow this to happen every few months in America,” Obama said.

Ridiculous statement.

Watch how he presents all this.....

Sad.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

Your own country doesn't ban semi-automatic firearms. Granted, you do have limits of 5 and 10 rounds for semi-automatic centerfire rifles and handguns, respectfully. More than enough, especially with a handgun, to do major damage. There's actually no magazine limit whatsoever on Canadian rimfire rifles. You can drop a 100 round drum off a 10/22 if you want.

Yet these things don't happen in Canada. And then there's Neo's argument, which is absolutely true. We know that there are tens of millions of owners of semi-automatic firearms in the US who will never use them to commit a crime.

The problem isn't the firearm. Its the criminal/idiot operating it.

In Canada we have at least a little bit of gun control. We cannot buy gun on the fly in gun show.

+ Harper gouvernment legalize some semi-automatic gun. But they are the right wing conservateur funded by NRA. And it was a scandal when they did it.

As a "Canadian" i NEVER saw semi-automatic gun in "life". Some of my friend are hunter, so i saw hunter rifle.
+ 1 time i saw a gun from a policeman showing it off. But that dont really count.

SO, not having a gun mentality, not having gun in sale at wal-mart ( LOL.... still Lol about that ), having a "background check" before buying a gun AND not having 1 gun per person. Make it Canada dont have this :

www.washingtonpost.com...

Again... this stat is SO unbeliveable..... You are they only "advance country" that do that.... Like... Why you keep defending this ?

Is it because you know that with 350 millions of guns, you can't do nothing? Except buying more gun?

And the "neo argument" was about the mentally ill getting Pharma drug? We have that here too, with Pfizer and # controlling all. Why we dont have stats like u then ?

It's because gun are not on the loose like your country.

BUT YEAH, if i was born in USA i would be scare as # and have a gun LOL. That's for SURE ( and that's why i will never go in vacation there xD You wont miss me i know
). No disney world for me and my future kids :'( haha
. ( i will go to the one of France if i had to go lol )

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Funny because i'm black for real :p

A French-Black/White ( brown ) Canadian. Born here!

Even here, gang member use knife more then gun... Here Gun criminal are just for "high-rank" criminallity ( like Mafia boss/family, or boss of gang member are shots ) Other crime from "lower" member are knife = less killing. And most of the time the other criminal that survive dont even tell the police who try to kill him...

And saying all that, in Quebec we had like just 2-3 High-rank gang killing this years. 2 Mafia family member + 1 guy i dont know.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ahem:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Did anyone else notice at some points Obama appeared to be trying to hold back a grin?

Yes, quite a few times.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Even if they rook everyone's gun, they would be smuggled in for the criminals just lie all the drugs that are illegal and very easy to get just about anywhere. The only people that had guns besides police would be criminals and they would love that as they would not have to fear home invasion, robbery, etc. Then you would be crying you don't have any protection next.

The answer is not and never will be more gun control. If this students or teacher were armed, there would only be one or tow injuries or death and not so many. Our border is wide open to smuggling and any machine shop, bug or small (garage) could manufacture untraceable firearms. There are people today that do this. Gin control laws won't work.

The chief of police of Europol came out a month or two ago and claimed gun control doesn't work ans they are outgunned by the jihadis. They have trainees go out into the street and try to purchase an AK47 and most are able to complete this in 2 hours.

European Police Reveal Why Gun Control Is Failing ...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Ahem:

Damnit, do as I say not as I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join