It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria conflict: US says Russian air strikes 'indiscriminate'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
for your info, Russia had an agreement with the Ukraine for an allowance of 25,000 troops to be stationed there long before the invasion fiction was being touted.

"For your info", that agreement included stipulations that no Russian forces were to even move outside their bases or across Crimea without Kiev's approval and certainly didn't include anything about allowing Russian soldiers to barricade Ukrainian servicemen in their barracks, take over the peninsula and then hold a dodgy vote on absorbing into the Russian Federation....

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
The 'terrorists' in the Ukraine are Russian ethnic. Then you have in govt in Ukraine people from a group called Spovoda in English making up part of the ruling party.

Er, no they don't. They've had an election (which Russia has recognised) since that Government was in power and even then, only 3 Ministers were "far right" out of a couple of dozen in the Cabinet.

Now there are none... You need to refresh your info...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

What, a thermobaric bomb? Old news that, everyone has them....

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Seeing as US/afgan forces just accidently bombed a known hospital in Afghanistan I think the USA needs to STFU in regards to Russian bombing in Syria.....

Thing is, that wasn't "indiscriminate"... The bomb hit it's target, spot on. It's just a shame that the targeting info came from the Afghan army who got it wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Seeing as US/afgan forces just accidently bombed a known hospital in Afghanistan I think the USA needs to STFU in regards to Russian bombing in Syria.....

Thing is, that wasn't "indiscriminate"... The bomb hit it's target, spot on. It's just a shame that the targeting info came from the Afghan army who got it wrong.

Question:

Does a AC 130 drop bombs?

An American AC-130 gunship devastated the medical facility

www.nytimes.com...

Unlike other military fixed-wing aircraft, the AC-130 relies on visual targeting

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

It was a figure of speech - either way, the target was hit as intended.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I thought it was an AC130 gunship which theres no way in hell an Afghan could call in.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If anything that makes it worse!

And all though called in by afghans, firepower like that would need confirmation back at base. A base with computers and maps that should know were hospitals are.

Stop makeing excuses, the USA #ed up and #ed up badly.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What America really means is, "paid mercinaries by the US have been launching rockets into Iran and Turkey to create a greater conflict for Russia in the region." Russia however is not stupid and Putin didn't just wake up from napping therfore it is my guess this is going to eventually escalate into full blown regional war between Russia and the US through proxies. Much like Afghanistan was.
edit on 11-10-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Its not an excuse. Its the result of an investigation into how it occurred.

I am still waiting for Russia to admit to the civilian deaths they caused in Syria.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

And why not? They have always had Western air power at their beck and call.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And admitted it and is investigating it. Procedures will be tightened and process' reviewed.

Can you sit there with a straight face and tell me Russia would do the same?

I'm not "making excuses", I'm telling you how it happened. US air power was made available to Afghan forces fighting to retake the city, they requested support and gave the target. Clearly there was a balls up, but then the Yanks are known to shoot off a bit quicker than others would. At least they've fessed up.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And admitted it and is investigating it. Procedures will be tightened and process' reviewed.

Can you sit there with a straight face and tell me Russia would do the same?

I'm not "making excuses", I'm telling you how it happened. US air power was made available to Afghan forces fighting to retake the city, they requested support and gave the target. Clearly there was a balls up, but then the Yanks are known to shoot off a bit quicker than others would. At least they've fessed up.

No and I dont trust Russia much either.

What im saying is the USA dont have any moral high ground to point fingers at Russia and Russia dont have any high ground to point fingers at the USA.

But fact is Russia are in Syria and like it or not there is nothing the we can do now. Its too late, we dithered and Russia stepped in. Whatever your or my views on Russia are is irrelevant, they are there. Nothing short of starting a shooting war with Russia will change that fact. So all we can do if HOPE even if doubtful Russia can eventuality bring some sort of order in syria.

edit on 11-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think to Russian eyes, and I may be wrong, but they view anyone that is not directly supporting Assad as a target. It doesn't matter if you are ISIS(L) or "freedom fighters". They are there like allies are supposed to do. The Assad government is allied with Russia so there you have it. They even gave the US an out by attempting to work together to target ISIS but those designs run counter to US interests so there was a big no to that. So we are where we are.

What interests does the US have in Syria anyway? Where are all those "terrorists" raging around in almost brand new heavily armed Toyota pickups coming from?

Rhetorical questions... I have my own pet theories.

Besides, Russia really isn't hamstrung anymore since their own parliament removed those like a week or two ago so of course the executive can do what Russians have always been able to do. Rally the masses and go in. An ally is in serious jeopardy and now the Russians are coming!! The Russians are coming!! Well what was there to expect? Smart bombs and Shock and Awe? These are Russians and will handle things in their Russian way which may be much different than all of our precision munitions flying in windows that we have gotten used to since Iraq #1.

Things are deteriorating there for sure and it is going to get worse. If a few US funded "freedom fighters" end up in the piles of carnage that are going to occur then they shouldn't have been there in the first place the way I see it and it really sucks to watch lives and treasure go out this way but our supposed public servants in our White House, Congress and Courts have went off the deep end for quite some time now to where insanity has become the norm.

Let the Russians have it. What is Syria to the US anyway?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Russia is not in Syria because of ISIS. They are in Syria to keep Assad in power to protect their interests. With Russian assets in Syria any government that forms will have to be approved by Russia. They would be content to boot Assad out so long as his replacement also takes orders from Moscow.

Its almost like the book by Tom Clancy executive orders. Hussein is assassinated by an Iranian sleeper agent and then they absorb Iraq into a United Islamic Republic.

originally posted by: Terminal1

Let the Russians have it. What is Syria to the US anyway?

A supporter / financer of terrorist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.
A threat to Israel.
A place where the Assad family has slaughtered their citizens.
An occupying force of Lebanon for a few decades.
edit on 11-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone knows why exactly the USA has decided to remove Assad? Examples of what his regime has done wrong would help?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
I wonder if anyone knows why exactly the USA has decided to remove Assad? Examples of what his regime has done wrong would help?

Oh thats an easy one, his government fought back against the terrorists which were trying to overthrow him in 2011 after they destroyed Libya.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Really?

Well, aside from running a dictatorship that has oppressed his nation for years, his security forces responded to protests about that oppression with extreme violence which has led to the Civil War causing the deaths of 1/4 million people.

But apart from that, he's a lovely bloke..

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Not even remotely close - the Syrian "Arab Spring" started at the same time as the Libya one was going on...

Bunching everyone into the bracket of "terrorist" is just idiotic.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wonder what central bank Syria is using? Maybe the same one as Libya was using just before Kadafi was hunted down and slaughtered by savages.

They say Assad is killing his own people and that he is a bad guy. What proof does anyone have other than the allies and Obama's word?

Perhaps the only ones killed by Assad are those trying to kill him. Thugs trained by the coalition.

I have no proof of anything. I'm not sure who is good if any. I don't believe anything belched up from the toads running things these days, unless I see it with my own eye's.
edit on 11-10-2015 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join