It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Tragedy to Push a Political Agenda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

And all those shootings have the people connected to the place.
The gun free zone is kinda just an afterthought.

I would love for anyone to try and prove that the place being gun free was the sole reason for any recent shooting.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: muse7

Does anyone see the problem with this?

Yes. Obama should have left his politics out of his speech.

Obama is the one that used this issue to further a political agenda. Other people are simply pointing this out and trying to preserve their Constitutional rights. I am against ALL Authoritarian agendas.

Yeah guys

We should wait until all of the mass shootings stop, then we can talk about the problem we have with mentally ill people easily acquiring guns.

I have no intention of 'talking about a gun ban'...ever. It isn't negotiable.

Who's talking about a gun ban? Lol

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Obama is the one that used this issue to further a political agenda. Other people are simply pointing this out and trying to preserve their Constitutional rights. I am against ALL Authoritarian agendas.

straw man is what that is.

Yeah guys

We should wait until all of the mass shootings stop, then we can talk about the problem we have with mentally ill people easily acquiring guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: blargo

It seems it's basically a gun free Zone. Sure, a random citizen can conceal carry if they walk onto campus but rules and regulations for employment and student attendance can be made, even in regards to conceal carrying. The shooter may have deemed it essentially gun free Zone because of this. I'll have to look up more.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Of course I wouldn't deem to to be the sole reason.

I would say that had it been a zone where carrying was more common, the shooter may have not gone there, and if he did, may have been stopped before getting off that many rounds.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Except there isn't really much to show that.
The shooters usually go to a place they had a connection to, like work, school or personal relation.

And they usually went with what seems to be the intent to die as many take their own life's.

We are all trying to get into their heads when in reality we really don't know why many did it because we never hear from them.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If the following article is true, then it seems to me that we need to ban anti-depressants. But, that wouldnt be a very popular stand since there is so much money to be made off of depressed people. Funny how I never hear Obama looking for other reasons, people might go crazy, or pushed over the edge to the point of mass shootings. Could it be the chemicals are attributing to their craziness? Or the high pressure Americans are forced to live under?

www.naturalnews.com...

From the article:

"The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes."

edit on 1-10-2015 by misskat1 because: fixed the link

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yeah guys

Only a very select few. Obama and the Democrats have not done a damn thing to suggest they want to outright ban guns, but millions of people believe they do want to ban them because of the propaganda they subject themselves to.

It's been a Right-Wing talking point for quite some time and when something is constantly bashed in to someone's head, they begin to believe it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
If the following article is true, then it seems to me that we need to ban anti-depressants. But, that wouldnt be a very popular stand since there is so much money to be made off of depressed people. Funny how I never hear Obama looking for other reasons, people might go crazy, or pushed over the edge to the point of mass shootings. Could it be the chemicals are attributing to their craziness? Or the high pressure Americans are forced to live under?

www.naturalnews.com...

From the article:

"The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes."

How about more background checks to make sure people on anti depressants aren't buying guns?

It's really that simple.

But I'm sure you'll twist my statement and make it seem as if I'm calling for a gun ban

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

While I can agree that we need to have a discussion about firearm ownership and how it relates to certain types of medications, I still think we need to err on the side of the 2nd amendment.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blargo

The conservative site Breitbart and others assert that guns were banned at UCC. This is not true. The student code of conduct bans guns "without written authorization." Under Oregon law, the university could not ban people with a valid concealed carry license from bringing their weapons on campus. (They could ban gun from various buildings and facilities.) Conservative writer Dana Loesch, who initially claimed the campus was a "gun free zone," updated her article to clarify that individuals with concealed carry permits were allowed to bring guns on campus.

So, they couldn't stop them from bringing a gun on campus, but they can ban them from certain buildings and facilities.
Could those be the same buildings the shooter targeted?

edit on 1-10-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yeah guys

If gun control worked there M.

Chicago would be Mayberry.

And we all know ITS NOT even close to being.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You're not going to find a full-scale ban proposal out there, but he was fully in support of the Feinstein ban on 'assault weapons' in 2013. That one ultimately didn't make it out of Congress due to Republican opposition and a handful of Democrats in moderate districts.

Just today, he essentially voiced his support for Australian and British gun laws. Those are FAR more restrictive than the AWB proposal above. They're far more restrictive even that the laws of our Canadian neighbors.

He's been unable to pass restrictions on gun rights, not unwilling.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
In my opinion , it almost looked at certain times like he had to suppress a grin. And he did make the whole tragedy a matter of political gain instead of doing what he should have. But , alas , that is our so-called President for you .....

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not to mention, more times than not, it is a distraction from world goings on. Focus on a shooting the stupidity going on in the Middle East gets put on the back burner.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I agree, why would you think I would twist your statement? Im not for gun bans, but I respect why others take that position. There seems to be a connection between these meds and these shootings. If it takes screening people by the meds they take then that might be a good step in curbing these tragedies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join