It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmed Mohamed ‘Not as Innocent As He Seems’ Because He Blew Bubbles in the Bathroom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They obviously knew it wasn't a real bomb:

- the bomb squad wasn't called

- the school wasn't evacuated

- he was handcuffed and kept in the same room as the suitcase clock

I've had my school evacuated for just one threatening prank phone call. They obviously didn't think the clock was a real threat...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I once dyed my hair and washed it out by flushing my hair in a stainless steel toilet.

By this logic, I should be a shoe in for president.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The cops didn't think it was a real bomb. They took him in because they suspected he was trying to scare some people with the contraption intentionally, especially when he set it to go off in class. That is what they were investigating and Ahmed was being vague and passive aggressive when questioned.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rabb420
a reply to: Sremmos80

welll if i remember correctly his dad sued diet coke back in like the 80's and he won i do believe. Then on ahmeds twitter page he tweeted a pic of him and his family all ear to ear smiles wth peace signs held up with the caption "going to see our lawyer" if that doesnt at least give you doubt about their intentions then idk what to tell you , and you can easily look all this stuff up im not savy to linking and quoting and whatnot to do it.

In the grand scheme, their intentions do not matter in the least.

While I have yet to file a lawsuit (being a white guy, i don't feel that "my kind" are downtrodden, and thus am not compelled to make examples out of situations), you should see the hell I will raise when the local school has overstepped, or failed to act. I am not the guy who will rationalize my kids bad behavior....but i am the guy that will call it like i see it and correct whoever is wrong in the situation.

Anymore I don't have to get involved, because the limits I set were made crystal clear. But I sure have seen kids who are less represented by their parents getting screwed around, and flat out bullied. One kid in particular....i know his mom, and get to hear from his sister how his mothers inaction is going to keep him from being allowed to graduate.

The kid may not be innocent...but neither is your typical school.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

none of which is any excuse or reason to do what they did.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

none of which is any excuse or reason to do what they did.

What should they have done under the circumstances? I wasn't there and neither were you. If they suspected by his demeanor and lack of cooperation under questioning that he indeed perpetrated a bomb scare intentionally, what should they have done. We're not talking about a 6-yr. old with a pop tart, btw.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

* 6 year old mimicking a gun and pointing it at people and pretending to shoot them.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

* 6 year old mimicking a gun and pointing it at people and pretending to shoot them.

Unbelievable that you don't see the difference in a child barely out of his toddler years eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun and going 'pow pow' and a teenager with past disciplinary problems building a timer and setting it to go off in class for the purpose of scaring people then dancing around when the cops question him.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hey zero tolerance is zero tolerance.

How do we know that kid did mimic that to get attention and cause up roar?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

i wonder how many people making such age comparisons actually have kids. Kids can be amazingly devious at 2 or 3 years old. By the time youre 14 you should be held to a much higher standard. My grandfather was working and supporting his mother and 2 brothers at 12 years old. Enough with the excuses and coddling of these kids!

And by the way....has anyone pointed out the cognitive dissonance of praising this kid for being so intelligent in cobbling together this contraption but somehow being completely unaware of how it would be perceived? Oh but of course he DID know it would arouse suspicion and he admitted as much in the video where he talks about the case for the clock. I have every reason to believe the police report saying he was uncooperative and passive aggressive. Hes smart enough to know what he was doing was crossing lines and provocative......that means it was intentional, premeditated and on the wrong side of the good/bad line of behavior.
edit on 2-10-2015 by ratsinacage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Since when did America start passing the sins of the father onto the child?

Because if they are, there are folks that have bone to pick

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

you took the words outta my mouth haha. i was talking to my buddy the other day about this. if this kid is smart enough to "invent" a clock then he should damn well know what it looks like and to just take pictures to take into school or email his teacher a video. he knew exactly what he was doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

I think damn near everyone on this site would uncooperative and passive aggressive if they were arrested for what felt was unwarranted.
Shoot I would, if I said anything at all.

You are right, he did know people would think it looks suspicious, and made effort to change that.
IMO showing intent he did not want to cause fear.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Since when did America start passing the sins of the father onto the child?

Because if they are, there are folks that have bone to pick

When they are muslim duh.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He made the "clock" to look like a timer. Was that done intentionally to scare people? Probably. When he set it to go off in class, was that done to scare people? Probably. That is what they were investigating...his intention.

But no one ever thought it was a bomb. Not the teachers, principle, other kids or the Cops.

If I bring a pillow to school and it's my intent that it scare people, is that the same? I'm saying. Intent is fine but you have people have to believe your intent, they have to fall for it, so to speak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join