It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmed Mohamed ‘Not as Innocent As He Seems’ Because He Blew Bubbles in the Bathroom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Fox News Host: Ahmed Mohamed ‘Not as Innocent As He Seems’ Because He Blew Bubbles in the Bathroom

Apparently when your a Muslim, doing regular kid BS is not the same.

What is it about that side that continues to belittle, shame people of color do something. Why do they feel the need to demonize the victim? They b**ch and moan when a white kid get punished for something stupid like making hand gestures in the shape of a gun(rightly so may I add) but when a kid of color does something...they are well, we all know his intentions were bad..etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i would be upset by this if the kid and his family werent money grabbing frauds

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Deport him. ...not standing for bubble blowers any longer

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lol. Gotta love fox news for gems like this.

When i was in middle school, one kid literally wiped his defecation all over the bathroom walls.

Try that on for not so innocent.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Another divisive pigeon holding thread yay!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The video was highlighting the fact that Ahmed had had disciplinary problems in the past. One of his teachers said that he could either be CEO of a company or head of a gang. Ahmed is not the quiet little innocent kid some are trying to make him out to be.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Cmon,

The kid took the plastic case off an alarm clock and put the parts inside a metal brief case (what do you usually see in these on TV?).

His father is also an activist. Set Up for expected reaction.

www.salon.com...

On Friday night’s episode of “Real Time,” host Bill Maher continued to criticize liberal “ninnies” who think 14-year-old Ahmed Mohamed should be lionized for what the comedian characterized as “taking the back off something.”

Maher played a YouTube clip of someone opening up an alarm clock and placing it in a pencil case, and claimed that it looked both exactly like what Ahmed brought with him to school and exactly like a bomb. “This is like pouring milk on a bowl of Cheerios and claiming you invented cereal,” Maher said.

“And then made it look like a bomb!” guest S.E. Cupp added.

School officials “absolutely did the right thing, thinking it looked like a bomb,” Maher said.

“But it didn’t look like a bomb, it looked like a clock,” Ron Reagan replied.

“It looked exactly like a bomb!” Maher shouted.

“Haven’t you seen any of the ‘Die Hard’ movies?” Cupp asked, momentarily confusing Hollywood with reality.

Reagan the audacity to suggest that it looked like an alarm clock, saying that “here’s the thing about bombs, they have the timer — and then those wires that come out are attached to fissile material that explodes.”

“Excuse me, Ron, but I don’t notice all that when I see that hunk of metal,” Maher said. “Try taking that through airport security.”

edit on 1-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It is bating when you imply something with no real proof right?

Everyone wants to discredit this kid because of his dad and act like this was all planned.

Haven't seen a shred to back any of it up tho.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
by todays standards any kid who spends an inordinate amount of time playing with legos would probably be considered a genius. Its amazing how much adulation has been poured upon this boy. Personally im not impressed. i played with crystal radio sets and messed about with legos, tinker toys and numerous other creative and technical toys from the age of 4. i was welding mild steel and learning industrial metal working machines like hydraulic presses and lathes at 15.

Alot of it is exposure and encouragement. I was raised as a tv junky city kid until 15 when i moved to the country where i finally started learning sme real skills because of opportunty and encouragement......two critical thngs i didnt have earlier. Ahmed may be some child prodigy or genius......or just some kid being coached by others with agenda.....who knows. One thing i do know is by 6 years old i watched enough Wile E Coyote to know bringing a clock with a mess of wires to school would have been a really bad idea.......at 6 years old guys......
edit on 1-10-2015 by ratsinacage because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

the exposure is solely due to the stupidity of het school and cops - don't blame het kid or the family for taking advantage of it!!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
He took something to school that looked very much like a suitcase bomb in a time when a kid chewing his pop tart into the shape of a gun gets you expelled. I didn't say he built a clock because he bought a clock and put it in a different case. Apparently that alone gets you offers from MIT. Oh how the standards have been lowered.
hes Muslim though, so he can only be the victim in this. I call shenanigans...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The kid didn't get expelled, he also took that pop tart and pointed and then made sounds as if he was shooting people.

What ever stance you take for one, you would have to take for the other incident.
Either they both deserved no punishment or they both deserve what they got.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes. We should treat a 7 year old boy the same as a 14 year old boy. One with a pop tart and one with a pretty convincing looking replica of a bomb.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

welll if i remember correctly his dad sued diet coke back in like the 80's and he won i do believe. Then on ahmeds twitter page he tweeted a pic of him and his family all ear to ear smiles wth peace signs held up with the caption "going to see our lawyer" if that doesnt at least give you doubt about their intentions then idk what to tell you , and you can easily look all this stuff up im not savy to linking and quoting and whatnot to do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rabb420

Or he is just taking advantage of the situation.
Not saying his dad isn't an ambulance chaser, just don't think the kid should get the blame for that without some proof.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If you think that is a good replica of a bomb I would hate to see your reactions around electronics period.

Not everything with a wires and in a case is a bomb.

And the kid with pop tart mimicked shooting people, THAT IS WHAT HE GOT IN TROUBLE FOR.
So again, if you want zero tolerance on Ahmed, then you want in on the poptart kid.
And vice versa.

(post by projectbane removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He made the "clock" to look like a timer. Was that done intentionally to scare people? Probably. When he set it to go off in class, was that done to scare people? Probably. That is what they were investigating...his intention.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
[SNIP]

Anyway......the kid made a BOMB looking clock....it was garbage at best.

A muslim bringing in a suitcase "bomb" clock? hmmmmm

Mod Note: Talking about Staff action in a public thread.
edit on 10/1/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Both of which is just your wild speculation and have opposite chances as well.

He made it to look like a clock, a clock has a timer and makes noises.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join