It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my eyes have been opened to how crazy the world can be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
well ive always known the world is messed up but the past couple weeks has really put things in perspective for me.
my company has a foundry in south africa. thats where the company started. we have been having issues so my company flew in the metallurgist from there. i have been spending hours a day with him. had him to my house a few times.
he is in his early 40's.
he lives in durban south africa. been telling me a lot about how things are down there. telling me about how things were during apartheid.
he said when he was 17 he had a choice to either do a year of military service or do a year in prison. he took the military
fresh out of school and he said he was put into the 'urban management' division.

talking about how people down there can be...savage both black and white.
talking about the farm killings and the massacres.
said he was 17 and had to pick up and keep count of body parts that one side chopped off the other side.

this # is so unreal

he said down there they like to cut your arms off at the elbow, put a tire over your head and douse you with gas and light you up.
no hands so you cant get the tire off and you know the result.

how the president really only has like a grade 6 education
how common rape is

it is like every man for himself down there and he desperately wants to get out.

ive read about how things were and how they are but it really hit hard talking to someone who has lived through it.

pure insanity.
from how he talks about it the place could be paradise

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes. Mass shootings happen here but at least we do not have to worry about being decapitated whilst afire on live leak.

I hate some things about my gov but i am always thankful to have been born in the west.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ya, south africa is a mess.
My eyes where opened up as to how messed the world is when i seen first hand the evil that men can do.
A couple of friends moved to calgary, no job prospects, just to sell dope.
They eventually found a room mate that was a crack dealer. I had no idea about all this, so i went and visted them. New years eve turned into a 4 day long party. The room mate said enough was enough and that he wanted the party over. I was staying in a hotel, so i went back to my room. Well the 2 idiots i knew decided that they wanted to smoke crack and knew their room mate had some. He told them to get out of his room, one guy - cory manowski, grabbed a length of rebar and demanded his buddies drugs. Next thing to happen was a repeated bludgening until the guys head caved in. He found his stash and left his buddies dead body on the floor in his bedroom. I called them up to see what was going on and what was the plan for the day. Not even phased they said come by were still going hard. I Showed up, had a few drinks, then was let in on what happened.
I didnt believe them so i went and looked... Wish i never opened that door.
I told them i had to split, got threatened with the same piece of rebar. Luckily i am a lot stronger than a crack head and wrestled it away from him and left.

I later found out they chopped him up and stuffed him a some luggage bags and stole a car to ditch the body. The burnt him in a trash dumpster and ditched the car. I flew back home that night and had the cops at my door a week later.

Point is, people are sick all over the world.
Seems like only a few realize how precious life truly is

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

All the coc aine defenders on ATS should read this.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
If this comes as a surprise to you, you are in for a lot more rude awakenings. You would be surprised with what goes on right under your own nose.

My rude awakening came from the discovery of what my local city government was doing with children they made "disappear" from foster care. Funny how a 2 and 4 year old can run away and disappear from "the system" without a trace. I sometimes wish I would have never stumbled upon the why and how.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I heard about that in the UK.

top topics

join