It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia space shuttle shot down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Link to large image

Extremely close up picture of the Columbia space shuttle disaster. In the picture you can see 2 light glowing aqua green objects. Could these be alien space craft? could they have shot it down. Or maybe the crew visited another ET planet to stay .. for ever, and used the space shuttle disaster as a cover up the crew was supposedly disintegrated but there would have to be something left. The crew on the particular mission were from all around the world they would be perfect for traveling to another planet if you think about it.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
iksmodnad, a good concept, however I believe this flight was doomed from the start, it was a Failure after lift off. At least that much NASA had to fess up to. However, the fact that those UFO's were there at the time of this event, tends to suggest that they knew of this pending outcome, and maybe wanted to assist in saving them, but as a result of a discloser, backed off.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes I think this is a worthy undertaking. The shuttle may have been destroyed on purpose, more investigation should actualy be put into this. I dont think aliens did this but rather it was the result of corporate warfare. Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
Link to large image

Extremely close up picture of the Columbia space shuttle disaster. In the picture you can see 2 light glowing aqua green objects. Could these be alien space craft? could they have shot it down. Or maybe the crew visited another ET planet to stay .. for ever, and used the space shuttle disaster as a cover up the crew was supposedly disintegrated but there would have to be something left. The crew on the particular mission were from all around the world they would be perfect for traveling to another planet if you think about it.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Banshee]

I have a picture in a magazine that shows almost that same shot,and i dont see orbs in it.think maybe those are photoshopped?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I have a picture in a magazine that shows almost that same shot,and i dont see orbs in it.think maybe those are photoshopped?

It could go both ways. Could've been photoshopped in, could've been photoshopped out. I'm no expert, so I can't really tell. In looking at it, it does seem to blend with the pixelation of the sky behind it fairly well.

But again, I'm no expert.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It may just be debris and if you were to shoot something down are gonna follow it like they are? Why would they want to shoot down a pointless shuttle anyway?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I actually had the misfortune of seeing the Columbia as it disentegrated. By chance I was outside and happened to be looking north. My vantage was from the otherside in reference to the picture. The picture is from a view point north looking south, or maybe upwards. Mine had the trails to the left as I was south of it's path and it was headed east. I didn't know what it. I initially thought it was aircraft, appearing as three objects with trails. Just didn't look normal. Later I saw the news and realized what I had seen. I am in southeast Texas so it's path was just up above the horizon. I also didn't see any disks or other craft but then I was also several 100 miles away, measured along the earth's surface from it's path.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You guys might want to check out the thread below its a similar thread...use the search button guys thats why its there

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have several high-resolution photographs from different angles showing the break-up of the Columbia at about the same moment that this photo was taken and have never noticed these greenish orbs in any of them.

This photo is apparantly doctored up to create some sort of sensationalism.

Once and for all, the Space Shuttle Columbia suffered damage during lift-off and NASA apparantly down-played the seriousness of the damage the foam insulation from the ET inflicted on the leading edge of the port wing when the 2'x3' piece of foam it during Columbia's ascent.

The nose and the leading edges of the wings are exposed to the highest temperatures during re-entry. Damage elsewhere on the craft to the same magnitude may not have brought the shuttle down, though major damage would have been inflicted upon the craft.

I'm not a NASA engineer, but they thought it (Columbia) would survive re-entry.

BTW, back to the main theme of the thread, Aliens did not bring down our space shuttle!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
To the photoshop theory:
I really dont think that the green plasma looking dots were photoshopped, as they have a very very very light aura around them, which would be difficult to photoshop, and it also appears that the deterioration near the plasma like dots is the same as the rest of the picture, and the opacity of the aura is quite similar to the opacity of the aura around the flames, and a color overlay on this would be difficult, as the debris sizes wouldnt be as large and wouldnt display such a light aura.
Note that it could still be photoshopped, although the photoshopper would have to have been more talented than a regular artist.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well I'm new to this forum and I'm glad someone brought up the Columbia already. I am an engineer and I have done an extensive investigation on the disaster. My web site is at www.columbiassacrifice.com...

At the point in time when the foam debris broke away from the forward bipod attachment during launch and ascent the Columbia was in an inverted parabolic trajectory. That is traveling on an arc with the external tank towards the outside. The centripetal acceleration extending from the center of the arc would have had the effect of pushing debris away from the shuttle. Therefore the piece of foam fell off the forward bipod area, then slid down the surface of the external tank until it impacted the rear left bipod attachment and disintegrated harmlessly. This and much more is explained on my site but I always expect people to have questions and I�m glad to answer them.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The pic looked pretty obviously photoshopped to me. If you look closely the sky right around the "orbs" is a lighter color, and it's not because of the orbs. If you look at the sky around the spaceship burning it is all very consistant. Looks like they were pasted and the sky was cloned around the "ships". If this was a geniune picture it would have been all over the news when it happened. Wasn't there video footage as well?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Shadowman, I posted to your sight, considering you had already had the same thought, in due process of giving you credit. Not to take away from this Auther, his/her efforts to get the replys here, This has proven to be good, allot of good opinions. It needs to be attached back to your first question/tread .... Mods, your help here will be good... Let's streamline this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I saw a program last year and they thought it had been struck by positive lightening.
It was also one of the things they were studying, and had some ground breaking information.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
The pic looked pretty obviously photoshopped to me. If you look closely the sky right around the "orbs" is a lighter color, and it's not because of the orbs. If you look at the sky around the spaceship burning it is all very consistant. Looks like they were pasted and the sky was cloned around the "ships". If this was a geniune picture it would have been all over the news when it happened. Wasn't there video footage as well?

I don't know, when I tried using the clone stamp tool, i got a better and more consistent effect for the sky than is in the original image. My problem is that the "objects" seem to lack the depth of the ship debris. This is more evident when you look at it inverted.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole

iksmodnad, a good concept, however I believe this flight was doomed from the start, it was a Failure after lift off. At least that much NASA had to fess up to. However, the fact that those UFO's were there at the time of this event, tends to suggest that they knew of this pending outcome, and maybe wanted to assist in saving them, but as a result of a discloser, backed off.

that is exactly what I think. maybe barring the UFO part. Columbia was simply to old, to fragile. NASA doesn't have enuff money, or enuff support to make the ships they need.

new topics

top topics

join