It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Time To Make Gun Training Part Of High School Curriculum Mandatory?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
a reply to: Sremmos80

Not sure about the actual quote, I thought you were wondering where the sentiment behind the quote came from. Apologies.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:50 PM

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Excallibacca

I do the same without carrying, it just came with some age.
Glad that works for you though.

Not asking for the anecdotal of it, just asking where that quote comes from.

I misunderstood as well, it comes from Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
I was taught how to properly handle a firearm before I started kindergarten.
Same with all the other children in the immediate family.
Toy guns are not allowed. Guns are not toys.
edit on 1-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM

originally posted by: Jefferton
I predict many many dead kids.

Good thing you have no authority.

I predict a lot more people taking online classes.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM

originally posted by: Excallibacca
a reply to: Sremmos80

I know when I'm carrying, I am a lot more calm than I am otherwise. When I am carrying, I don't get road rage, I don't get mad at people in the store who cut me off or bump into me. It really does serve to remind me that what just happened wasn't that serious. It may not make sense, you pretty much have to carry to see the ways it can help you.

In my are right.
Also in my experience...I know that everyone is wired differently.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
I like to wave my guns around in people faces. It really gets the blood flowing(and the wallet full).

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:47 PM
a reply to: greencmp

No, you guys didn't.
I am asking what proves that statement.
Anecdotal doesn't, I guess you can say the swiss would show it, but their gun laws are stricter then ours in some areas and much more goes into their 'polite' society.

edit on stThu, 01 Oct 2015 16:47:45 -0500America/Chicago1020154580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
All the knee jerk reactions about arming teens is unnecessary... If you read back you'll see that he wants to train them. This can be done easily without actually arming them. Hell I took hunter safety at 13 years old.
It really oughtta be taught right along with drivers education. Upon graduation they can legally own rifles and shotguns...shotguns being most definitely the best for home defense. Then in 3 years they can go get a handgun and their concealed carry permit and begin to be a deterrent against these nut jobs with guns.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:36 PM
Right now the safest high school sport is sport shooting clay pigeons (and I will post the link as soon as I find it again). It isn't the same as carrying everyday, but it does prove there is enough maturity to handle guns properly.

<< 1   >>