It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 50% of Americans say that government is an immediate threat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Half in U.S. Continue to Say Gov't Is an Immediate Threat.

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Almost half of Americans, 49%, say the federal government poses "an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens," similar to what was found in previous surveys conducted over the last five years. When this question was first asked in 2003, less than a third of Americans held this attitude.

I have to wonder what the results would be if the question was posed to ATS members.

I'm thinking that the results would show that 90% view their government as an immediate threat to rights and freedoms.

The only "problem" is that the results vary based on which Party is in office.

If a Dem is in office, Republicans are more threatened. If a Repub is in office, Dems are more threatened.

When will we Americans get it? It doenst matter which Party is in office. They're two sides of the same coin. The major agendas rarely change, if ever.

edit on 1-10-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Cool

Looks like the Dem/Repub graph show Republican fears rising and Democrat fears regressing from 2007 onward.

2007 is when Democrats over-ran the U.S. Congress.

Who benefits the most from threats to rights anyway?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
50% of Americans are paranoid wackos.

And that is being polite.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Whats the percentage of the population with an IQ below 100?

I'm sure it doesn't matter.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think eventually both Dem's and Repub's will come to a agreement about the one true thing about american politics . Oh and it's not just you Americans that suffer the same ill . Think the 5 eyes and any one else that can convince by hook or by crook .

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I have to wonder what the results would be if the question was posed to ATS members.

I have to wonder what sort of threat 90% of ATS members pose to a progressive and social dynamic society with thought that is not borne out of paranoia and failing in normal life

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lol what if other countries around the world would start to provide weapons and tactics to those Americans whom think their government is a threat and want it to step down, Almost sorta same thing what America is doing in ME, no?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Half in U.S. Continue to Say Gov't Is an Immediate Threat.

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Almost half of Americans, 49%, say the federal government poses "an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens," similar to what was found in previous surveys conducted over the last five years. When this question was first asked in 2003, less than a third of Americans held this attitude.

I'm thinking that the results would show that 90% view their government as an immediate threat to rights and freedoms.

The only "problem" is that the results vary based on which Party is in office.

If a Dem is in office, Republicans are more threatened. If a Repub is in office, Dems are more threatened.

When will we Americans get it? It doenst matter which Party is in office. They're two sides of the same coin. The major agendas rarely change, if ever.

Is this really about partisanship? Because I think most people have figured it out. THEE Government is bad for us! All sides, all affiliations. We can't get rid of it. Can we make it better????????

Maybe ATS can start a new party, the party of the people......hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It sounds like there are at least 50% of the U.S. population that has awakened. These numbers are encouraging and long overdue.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
Lol what if other countries around the world would start to provide weapons and tactics to those Americans whom think their government is a threat and want it to step down, Almost sorta same thing what America is doing in ME, no?

Probably not, most of us are already pretty well armed! I guess there isn't much reason to care if you already pounded your weapons into plow sheers

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Whats the percentage of the population with an IQ below 100?

I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Since 100 is the mean/average, that means 50% have an IQ lower than 100

So you only need to worry when more than 50% think the same way.
Besides at 65% if you want to correlate it to IQ, 115, still on the average
side. Worry when it hits 80% - oooppppsss by then it will be too late eeeekkk.

Besides, the government run schools
make sure no one learns to think for themselves,
it's the American way!

Keep em stupid so they can't understand what NSA stands for,
or why the government insists
all companies put back doors in their computers and phones,
or why there are cameras on average every 150 feet outdoors in the US,
or why the "enforcers" in society
(ie TSA etc.) won't allow you to film them "handling" citizens,

Nope, nothing to see here.
Move on, you are just being paranoid.

The government just wants what is best for all of you.
The government cares about you
and you will do whatever we tell you is good for you.

No, don't worry
Big Brother really just loves you.

edit on 6Thu, 01 Oct 2015 18:17:00 -0500pm100110pmk014 by grandmakdw because: adition format

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Nice stats, so now what next? More surveys to see if more people are awoken?

Here another survey stats which basically says more of less the same thing, but not the real government the puppet masters behind the scenes are the real threat.

edit on 1-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Nice thread and effort. Unfortunately there's too much division to care to "get it".

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Is this really about partisanship? Because I think most people have figured it out. THEE Government is bad for us! All sides, all affiliations. We can't get rid of it. Can we make it better????????

Maybe ATS can start a new party, the party of the people......hmmmmm

Yes, it's mainly about partisanship, and it's primarily a reflection of the extremes in Congress, people are drifting further and further away from the middle. Also, note how it trends up by the opposition the longer you get into a presidents term.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
50 percent eh ?

What's the other 50 percent doing?

Watching Jesery Shore, or is it posting their lives away of Facebook,and Twitter.

The single greatest threat to the American people, and our freedoms.

Is that weapon of mass destruction called the US government.

Knock.Knock.

Whose there ?

I am government, and I am here to help!.

Turns around, and slams the door in their face.

That's how all freedom, loving. Liberty seekers roll.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And %95 of that 50 have no idea why other than fox news says Obama is bad and he is the government. Well, that seems to be what most hypnotized cows here think.

This poll is moot.

That %50 is controlled opposition, that is all most Americans are that consider themselves "awake". You're awake only to what you've been awoken to, ask yourself "who woke me?", and most importantly "why?".

As much as we all love to think we're free, we are being led down a path, even those who call themselves awake and claim to have opened eyes.

Before anything can be done, we need to stop the 24 hour bombardment of propaganda on our people. How can anyone know what to think anymore with this crap?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Absolutely delusional.

I'd love to see how that 49% of Americans would react to the threat of an actual hostile government.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Considering the US has no genuine external threats besides the ones the government allows I don't find this surprising.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Fifty percent of the people in my bed right now say the same thing. But since I am alone. The results might be skewed.

edit on 3-10-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join