It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9G Centrifuge Training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Like most kids I guess I wanted to be a fighter pilot when I was older , if I'd seen this video back then that would have been a short lived dream.
It makes me understand what the guys flying those cool aircraft have to go through in both their training and operation of those birds.

9G ? , I'd have been squealing like a piggy at 3 and at 6 my head would likely pop.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So how do astronauts not black out?

I know, I know, JFGI...

I will. Nice video, though. I make those faces on the weekends my girlfriend and I don't have the kids.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Shuttle Launches only sustained about 3G's for any length of time. It's more of a slow steady acceleration than a jolt to break away speed.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Thanks. I actually did "just fn googled it" after my post. I always thought the gs would be more. But I'm just a novice when it pertains to anything aerospace. I leave and trust the answers to the likes of yourself, Zaphod, and gortex.

Took a tour of the Smithsonian air and space museum in virginia and have been to Dover twice this last summer. Fascinating stuff. I always imagined aircraft much larger. Although, I have yet to go in the C-5 at Dover, it impresseses me to no end that it gets off of the ground with so much on board.

Thanks again guys for all of your research.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I was lucky to never have to hit the centrifuge, as I'm told, it hurts worse than the airplane, not sure why. But hitting 8.4g in the aircraft while fighting didn't feel all that bad. I think the adrenaline helps. Thankfully, there are not cockpit cameras capturing your face while your in the jet. I've never seen a centrifuge video where the participants looked good. This guy does a great job and still looks like the walking dead.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania

I was lucky to never have to hit the centrifuge, as I'm told, it hurts worse than the airplane, not sure why. But hitting 8.4g in the aircraft while fighting didn't feel all that bad. I think the adrenaline helps. Thankfully, there are not cockpit cameras capturing your face while your in the jet. I've never seen a centrifuge video where the participants looked good. This guy does a great job and still looks like the walking dead.

Just a question since you are posting about flying combat...are the "go" pills a real thing? I figure yes since they allow blood flow at rapid rates, oxygenating the blood better. Just a theory.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Ive been to at least 3.5-4 G`s and good god that was a hoot, not sustained or in one of those though. At 9 G`s I`d come out looking like the Joker in the first Batman movie (1989). Those centrifuge videos are always hilarious, cracks me up every time.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
In Combat its not sustained G for more than a few seconds..The fatigue part is the constant moving and maneuvering while trying to out think, outfly your opponent..

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Not in the Navy. I can't speak for the AF guys.
edit on 15-10-2015 by cosmania because: Didn't look right.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If you think the G training is fun, you need to watch the hypoxia training. Now THAT'S fun.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So I youtubed some of those videos and they did not disappoint. For anyone interested try "Low pressure chamber"

new topics

top topics

join