It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-backed rebels, civilians reportedly targeted by Russian airstrikes in Syria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Stop trolling and stop putting words in my mouth.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

My favorite kind of nukes are the friendly type. It's time for everyone to stop worrying and learn to love the bomb.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Stop trolling and stop putting words in my mouth.

I know you are but what am I? Is that the quality of discourse we have here? Your double standard is painfully clear... or are you going to explain why it is okay in your book for Russia to violate the United Nations charter in Ukraine, but not okay for the United States to do so in Syria? Why is it okay for Assad to bomb towns where there are rebels, but its not okay for Kyiv to do so?

For the record, I do not think the United States should be involved in Syria, nor do I think Russia should be involved in Ukraine. Vladimir Putin has shoved his nose into both situations. Who is the threat to world peace now?
edit on 3-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Syria welcomes U.S. strikes against ISIS there, with conditions

Syria's foreign minister said on Monday his country welcomed any potential military strikes by by the U.S. in Syria targeting the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria's terrorist bases, but warned that the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad should be warned first.

The Assad regime is mired in a three-year-old civil war, and has been losing ground to Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants.

Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem on January 17, 2014, in Moscow./ VASILY MAXIMOV/AFP/Getty Images

"Syria is ready to cooperate and coordinate with regional and international efforts to combat terror in accordance with U.N. resolutions and respect of Syrian sovereignty," Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem told a press conference in Damascus.

"Everyone is welcome, including Britain and the United States, to take action against ISIS and Nusra with a prior full coordination with the Syrian government," al-Moallem continued.

Click link for remainder of article.

Syria Says U.S. Told It of Coming Airstrikes Against Islamic Stategh

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Seems to me like an invitation that should be accepted unless I'm missing something? The Islamic State has become too much of a threat and needs to be stopped as do any groups who aid them and give them money or arms.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: RogueWave

This is obviously true. Even despite the constant anti Russian propaganda spewed by a very small but vocal minority.

Then why do America haters have to lie to prove their point? Why do Russian propagandists have to lie to justify Russia's actions? They can't even keep their stories straight. Just look at the MH17 debacle: no two "witnesses" tell the same story. The alleged aircraft that shot it down cannot perform as claimed, so Russian trolls were caught trying to change wikipedia. Russian media published an alleged satellite photo that was an obvious fake. Russia has a well oiled propaganda machine that has turned the internet into a sewer. Some of the new members here don't even know how American television works!

Wow, can you cram any more of your talking points in there? They aren't even relevant with regards to what I was saying.

Again, I said this,

the majority of people here aren't fooled, and the overwhelming consensus here, is that america is the biggest threat to worldpeace,

Is this not true,

Poll Results: The United States Is The Most Significant Threat to Humanity page: 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like I said, ongoing anti Russian propaganda attempts are futile, and transparent.

Fail.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There is definitely a place for US coalition involvement. But that involvement needs to include Assad and now Russia.

If as global citizens we care about Syria, we will understand and support our leaders to overcome their ideological differences to come together and cooperate and defeat terrorism.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

On a site where a significant number of participants believe that the world is really run by lizard people from outer space, you are going to point to a self selecting poll to prove a point about the United States? Talk about pathetic. I just said that the American involvement in Syria is wrong, AND that the Russian involvement in Ukraine is wrong. Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

At the very least they need to come to the negotiating table and hammer out a deal. The rebels who are genuine and want a secular nation where minorities aren't persecuted and the Syrian government need to fight the greater evil that is the Islamic State. Their backers need to do the same and anyone who doesn't want to do this should be considered a supporter of the Islamic State. Yes Saudi Arabia I'm thinking maybe that's you but I hope you prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

It doesn't help that Putin got a bit trigger happy and went in with guns blazing before America was expecting it.

However, terrorists are not the sort of enemy to sit around at wait for nations to come to an agreement and Russia did state they were concerned that Syria's government was in danger of imminent collapse.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

On a site where a significant number of participants believe that the world is really run by lizard people from outer space, you are going to point to a self selecting poll to prove a point about the United States? Talk about pathetic. I just said that the American involvement in Syria is wrong, AND that the Russian involvement in Ukraine is wrong. Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not?

So even a site with so much "gullible" people didn't fall for the obvious anti Russian propaganda. Whoever is pushing it failed miserably and still is.

Fail.

Btw, nice way of supporting your argument, insulting the intelligence of what you say is a significant group of the ATS membership.

And again, your questions are not relevant, since the only point that I was making is that the ongoing anti Russian propaganda on this site, is a failure, and completely transparent, and so are the ones pushing it.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

True but if it wasn't for his actions and the migrant crisis in Europe Syria would still be on the back burner. What is happening has the potential to cause WW3 but I hope something positive comes out of it. I have faith in humanity despite our terrible history. That said, with nuclear weapons there won't be much opportunity to learn lessons anymore if it comes to a world war. The resolution will be quick and final with no one left to learn from the mistakes.

edit on 3-10-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I just said that the American involvement in Syria is wrong, AND that the Russian involvement in Ukraine is wrong. Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not?

What's the matter? Aren't you allowed to answer a simple question?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

How about the Russian involvement in Syria and the American involvement in Ukraine ? Right or wrong ?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I just said that the American involvement in Syria is wrong, AND that the Russian involvement in Ukraine is wrong.

Yes? Good for you!

And what does this have to do with my post about how the anti Russian propaganda on this site is a failure?
edit on 3-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

How about the Russian involvement in Syria and the American involvement in Ukraine ? Right or wrong ?

Trick question. The Russian involvement in Syria is legal, but doomed to failure. There was no "American involvement" in Ukraine until the Russians started arming the rebels.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I just said that the American involvement in Syria is wrong, AND that the Russian involvement in Ukraine is wrong. Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not?

What's the matter? Aren't you allowed to answer a simple question?

To be honest it is you that is wrong. The Russians have plenty of reasons to be involved in Syria and Ukraine. The USA has none. Syria and Russia are allies. The long standing history, economic ties and ethnicity between Russia and Ukraine is well established. You might not agree with Putin's actions but they are understandable.
The USA on the other hand has zilch...no wait...there is always the 'bleeding heart' card...oh and how they are protecting us all from Russia's plans to dominate the world and/also...lest we forget, from terrorism.

How dare Putin 'stick his nose in' and scupper their plan for regime change in Syria.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Trick question. The Russian involvement in Syria is legal, but doomed to failure. There was no "American involvement" in Ukraine until the Russians started arming the rebels.

I suppose $5billion spent destabilising a country isn't really 'involvement'.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join