It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-backed rebels, civilians reportedly targeted by Russian airstrikes in Syria

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's too logical for these people who really want the controlled chaos they are perpetrating.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: all2human
u

They are in direct violation of the Charter of the United Nations.

Airstrikes in Syria cannot be justified under international law: They lack a lawful basis in consent, self-defense or [U.N.] Security Council authorization.

Where was your legal expertise when Russian troops appeared in the streets of Ukraine?

Is this thread about the Ukraine or did the poster you replied to mention the Ukraine?

I could also ask you where your condemnation of the US is in this case?

You didn't say they are not violating international law. In a country they have absolutely no business. It's not like Syria is their backyard.

And just to remind you, despite your efforts, and despite you being a vocal minority, the majority of people here aren't fooled, and the overwhelming consensus here, is that america is the biggest threat to worldpeace, and that they, and their lapdogs are the aggressors, wether it is about the Ukraine, Syria, Libya etc.

Just letting you know that your attempts are futile, obviously.

And just because people don't feel like wasting their time, or even have the amount of time to spend perpetually arguing about completely obvious isues with a select few that have all the time in the world to argue their tired and contrived talking points, doesn't mean that those few are actually winning hearts and minds here.

edit on 2-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

I could also ask you where your condemnation of the US is in this case?

Sorry; apparently you haven't followed these threads closely enough to realize that I strongly oppose US involvement in this lose-lose situation. I was merely pointing out that Putinistas are tying themselves in knots cheering Putin for supporting brutal repression of rebels on the one hand while supporting separatists on the other.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Putinistas

I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here is some good sound logic for picking out targets for defeating terrorists.

If it acts like a terrorist its a terrorist!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Listen to this guy: The this guy want a no fly sone over Syria and tops it of by saying...: We should make it Clear that we will fly where we want and when we want...

I have no Words to describe this patriot.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So what?

CIA are likely just making things worse as always.

Bomb all the terrorists and let Allah sort out the "good" terrorists and "bad" Terrorists.

Everyone should be concentrating on getting syria back under central control even if it is under Assad and eradicating the Jihadists THEN get Assad to go,

Yup,

Obama has killed more people with drones than died on 9/11. Many of those killed were civilians, and only a tiny percentage of the dead were al-Qaeda or Taliban leaders. She may be right …
The Council on Foreign Relations estimates that U.S. drone strikes outside of Iraq and Afghanistan have killed 3,674 people

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ya gotta wonder why we're not trying to stop what is causing the MASSIVE exit of MILLIONS of people.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Obama can’t do what’s right because the Zionist neocon and NATO plot is secretly to destroy Assad NOT destroy ISIS.

If this wasn’t Obama’s orders he might have done what Putin is doing and joined Syria in destroying ISIS not create this phony coalition with the very Gulf state countries that have invaded Syria through these jihadists.

Obama is under the direct orders of a secret agenda NOT to destroy ISIS until Assad is destroyed and Syria is in a state like Libya.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

"If it walks like a terrorist, acts like a terrorist", etc.
I was frankly dismayed at his flippant lack of discretion.
Not cool.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

"If it walks like a terrorist, acts like a terrorist", etc.
I was frankly dismayed at his flippant lack of discretion.
Not cool.

He could have just called them insergents like the US do when they attack cvivilians rebels.

Lavarov did say that they are doing exactly what the US have been doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

He could have just called them insergents like the US do when they attack cvivilians rebels.

But you know what -- He didn't, did he. He was quite flippant and it struck me as disrespectful. He also said "if it fights like a terrorist". Everybody left in the rubble is fighting by now. Either fighting or running. Does he classify them all as terrorist?

I expect more from a supposed diplomat.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

america is the biggest threat to worldpeace,

And I rest my case.
edit on 2-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

The dude in the video clearly states that they were bringing in injured rebels and hiding them because it was a difficult place to get to. That's bringing them in in my books.

Geez, watch your own material lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
So there are airstrikes but theres a lack of details as to the situation in Syria.

Lack Of Details From The Obama Administration On Russian Airstrikes In Syria

edit on 3-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

america is the biggest threat to worldpeace,

And I rest my case.

That doesn't even make sense since this qoute doesn't validate the case you were making.

Anyways this is what I said,

the majority of people here aren't fooled, and the overwhelming consensus here, is that america is the biggest threat to worldpeace,

This is obviously true. Even despite the constant anti Russian propaganda spewed by a very small but vocal minority.

Like I said, even though this vocal minority is always present and active, their efforts are futile. Counterproductive even at this point.

Fail.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The dude in the video clearly states that they were bringing in injured rebels and hiding them because it was a difficult place to get to. That's bringing them in in my books.

So following the q' uoranic injunction to be compassionate and merciful is a death sentence in your eyes?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Oh for the love of.....

You harbor the enemy of the govt you become a target. Hospitals are for the sick and injured, not compounds where families live. The story you posted reeks of bs. Besides, what are Palestinians doing trying to overthrow the government that took them in as refugees? Biting the hand that feeds them much?

It's not rocket science.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

This is obviously true. Even despite the constant anti Russian propaganda spewed by a very small but vocal minority.

Then why do America haters have to lie to prove their point? Why do Russian propagandists have to lie to justify Russia's actions? They can't even keep their stories straight. Just look at the MH17 debacle: no two "witnesses" tell the same story. The alleged aircraft that shot it down cannot perform as claimed, so Russian trolls were caught trying to change wikipedia. Russian media published an alleged satellite photo that was an obvious fake. Russia has a well oiled propaganda machine that has turned the internet into a sewer. Some of the new members here don't even know how American television works!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

You harbor the enemy of the govt you become a target.

So you have no problem with the Kyiv government shelling Donetsk? I will remember that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join