It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Ok so the info is used to show how many of us there are and how much groth ( we are not like a cult BTW) this shows how much of your life you use in jehovahs work, so see if you are qualified for a job in full time, or special service if you could be an elder etc, serve in bethel or what ever job you want to do.

We do report anything bad to the police like anyone els would, we are normal people you know.

If you talk yo some one out side , well who cares , only if they are fisfellow shipped then the elders might talk to you and see what they can do to help in your situation, they are very kind.

We do not force anyone, we just would let it go realy if it's miner, if anyone cause disruptions or arguments that hurt members emotionally at all then they might get disfellowshipped if we feel it's for the safety or wellbeing of others, then they leave, and they and us carry on with life.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

There are many "gods" but only one creator and true God.

No other way about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well a child isn't realy doing anything until about 10 normally ( depends on person realy )
But I am young but study hard

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

One moment will get back on Charles thing

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Straight answer to the blood question is no. But some do take other actions to avoid having blood. But I would die before blood myself.

The

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
If the elders knew you were conversing with former members on this site what would they do?

If a fellow JW knew you were conversing with former members on this site, what should they do?

If you decide that even one of thier minor doctrines is wrong and you decide to tell another JW, what will the elders do to you?

You havent answered these questions.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: flanimal4114

Fair enough.

Does the church hold any positions, like say an alter boy that assist priests?

Or the equivalent to Sunday school?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

so ur a "former member" well they wouldnt realy do much, but i wount talk to you any more besides question answering.

if i tell an other JW a doctrine is wrong they would convince me other wise... beacuse it isnt wrong.
lol. they wouldnt do any thing realy, we are like a family dood, so its like the elders lead us, not like the police , this is something people get wrong ALOT.
they would chat to me and tell me why i think that and reson useing the bi8ble,

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well no, not realy, but at ANY age if you get "unbaptized" (part of it, but not dedicated yet) then u get so many opitunitys and if u get baptised you get more and from there more and more doors open , like travel and jobs and stuff like that, REALY cool if u ask me. so much i could do and be!

no sunday school realy, we have reguler meetings that everyone and anyone can attend.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

male or female???

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: flanimal4114
a reply to: rockintitz

Halloween is all about demonised things and comes from very spiritistic things. It would not be right to go along with something as Jehovah says to be free from these things in Galatians 5 : 20 talking about what things are wrong it says about spiritism.
That is why Halloween is not something we do in a nut shell

Halloween is actually samhain from the pagan religion. It marks the start of winter. It has nothing to do with demons and ghouls. I suspect its long smear campaign from when christianity was first introduced into the UK. Christians hi jacked the pagan holidays so they were easy to remember and didnt put anyone out of their yearly routine.

Then trash talked paganism, which is mainly about nature and an older world order.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I'm male, what difference does that make to the answers to the questions?

so ur a "former member" well they wouldnt realy do much, but i wount talk to you any more besides question answering.

if i tell an other JW a doctrine is wrong they would convince me other wise... beacuse it isnt wrong.
lol. they wouldnt do any thing realy, we are like a family dood, so its like the elders lead us, not like the police , this is something people get wrong ALOT.
they would chat to me and tell me why i think that and reson useing the bi8ble,

Here are the real answers:
1) They would tell you to stop and that you had done a very foolish thing and put your spiritual welfare in jeopardy. If you dont stop then you will be subject to a judicial committee.

2) They should tell the elders that you are associating with "apostates" online so the elders can tell you the above.

3) They would show you that you were wrong, but if you disagreed with them on that they would then tell the elders who would have a talk with you and if you still did not say that you believed what the society was saying was true and what you were saying was wrong, they would have you in a judicial committee and then if you still did not agree with the watchtower society's official doctrine, you would be disfellowhipped and shunned by all freinds and relatives who are not married to you or dependent on you.

The stupid thing is that the society makes a big doctrinal change every decade on average, if you were to champion that doctrinal change a month before it officially became WT doctrine, then you would be an apostate. If you were disfellowshipped and shunned for being an apostate and then the WT society changed its doctrine to what you were saying a month earlier, you would still be an apostate and still remain shunned. Go figure.

Get your head out of the sand Flanimal, you are in a cult and the real God is bigger and better than you have ever imagined. Go find Him "He did this so that they would look for him, and perhaps find him as they felt around for him. Yet God is actually not far from any one of us" Acts 17:27.

Luk 11:11 Would any of you who are fathers give your son a snake when he asks for fish?
Luk 11:12 Or would you give him a scorpion when he asks for an egg?
Luk 11:13 As bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more, then, will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

edit on 3/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

So what are those opportunities that are opened for you?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Ok so the info is used to show how many of us there are and how much groth ( we are not like a cult BTW)

Oxford English Dictionary definition:
The Action or an act Of paying reverential homage to a divine being; religious worship.

All religions and faith systems are cults.
edit on 3/10/2015 by MrsNonSpecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

There are many "gods" but only one creator and true God.

No other way about it.

respect

but what do you say to those who consider that belief "unchristian"?

edit on 3-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19882021]Cinrad[/post
I have been around Jehovah's Witnesses OFF and ON for 30 plus years and what I have found is sometimes,, not very often you will get ELDERS that don't quite, and sometimes very much NOT follow the ORGANIZATIONS SUGGESTIONS which also means the BIBLE’S DEMANDS on how to shepherd the congregation and it may take a while for the,,, and I quote "imperfect Elders",, it may take a while before the organization finds out and then cleans house! of the infected elders and they even constantly remind their flock that they are imperfect and I have even seen them cry for doing wrong and they clean up their act because they feel bad I have never seen a more humble body of, I guess you would call them sort of leaders but they look at themselves as servants,, now when you're talking about the imperfect individual Jehovah's Witnesses yes some of them because they are imperfect do bad things but so did the first century Christian congregation and if the congregation got bad enough eventually Christ would have his human representative clean house. But as for these modern times I have never seen a more accomplished and perfect organization in all my years of being, A (corruption, financial scam, historic and modern Organized Religion and HISTORY BUFF,,, Research analyst) I am also a skeptic, And A irritating perfectionist.
But if I had one wish from a genie in a bottle I would use my one and only wish that I could be as loving, forgiving, spiritually minded, wholesome, kind, God fearing, generous, clean, patient, self-controlled and peaceful as Jehovah's Witnesses are.
And the Unity they have is unreal around the globe so self sacrificing even when they study they have the same study schedule on the other side of the world they are in almost every language on the planet every country on the planet trying their best to do God's will and for free in fact they have to pay for their own gas some of them even refuse full time work or very lucrative jobs just to volunteer to other places they're not from,, learn the language, work part-time to support themselves pay their own way just to study the Bible with others for FREE.
I wish I could be as holy as Jehovah's Witnesses are as a whole unified organization and people of every language and nation.

> Elders imperfect; YES

>Publishers imperfect; YES

> Unbaptized attendees
imperfect; YES

Now I have been around all sorts of other religions also and did my own research on them and I never seen such a MEAT MARKET of some not all racist, adultery backstabbers bickering arguing gossiping non God fearing individuals in my life,
not all of them but a whole hell of a lot of them and they barely have any unity at all in fact they literally join opposite sides of the military and kill each other what kind of nonsense is that that's like God saying to his two sons I know you guys are fighting over your side of the room but here's a GUN "whoever is left standing gets their side of the room" NONSENSE.

Unlike Jehovah's Witnesses,, they allow their members to join the military no matter what country you are from and sometimes encourage it! there are no Jehovah's Witnesses who have joined the military if they have then they are announced in the congregation that they are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses,, now it is okay for him to attend the meetings and learn, and no one is going to look at him funny or even show any signs of hate toward him they have nothing but love and concern for the person who has been deceived into thinking that it is OK to follow Christ and be in a military no matter what part of the world you are in.

And you guys No very well on this website how much the government LIES to you about the reason foregoing to war and why they are fighting.

You guys already know that war is just a BANKER'S RACKET

In traveling the world I have heard of many, in leadership positions in governments of other countries say about Jehovah's Witnesses that " if the whole world was Jehovah's Witnesses there would be no WAR,, But PEACE would rule the planet.

You guys need to see Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole, and try studying with them sometime, go to their meetings sometime and see that they are the most peaceful people on the planet
And actually quite normal people, I could only wish I could be as spiritually minded as Jehovah's Witnesses maybe when I clean myself up on the inside
someday if it's not too late.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I know you're probably on your own now but I guarantee you you can join any organization on this planet whether it be religion ore a charity corporation or a government entity and I will find so much crap on your organization it will make every Human head spin 24/7 so just because you find so-called evidence that puts Jehovah's Witnesses in a bad light doesn't mean anything you have to look at a organization as a whole what is their main purpose how do they act as a whole organization not little pockets of it!

And when it comes to a true Christian organization don't you think Satan is going to influence people to write s*** about them.
Come on man think a little harder please?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Don't you guys know anything about the huge CONSPIRACY INVESTIGATION of the BILLION dollar industry of BLOOD BANKS industry, what are you going to call me a crazy conspiracy theorist I am a master at research so give me a break use your brain it's all about the money dude, do you really think you can put a price on blood, blood is corruption and all those people that fell for it in the early days got AIDS and DIED I have friends that got blood transfusions when the doctors said they absolutely had to use it there was so called no other way then I found out that there was another way it is all a billion dollar industry you guys know about this kind of conspiracy come on think you're going to fall for Oh"" MISTER your child has lost too much blood I think we should give HIM a blood transfusion and then he goes to the break room and said hey look how much money I made today on making people believe that they needed blood, more paycheck for me" I've heard, I have overheard doctors say that they would never give their child a blood transfusion it's so filthy they don't have to! there are other ways and because Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to disobey the law of Jehovah and Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior and Redeemer and King, that was given to Christians to ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD and Later that SCRIPTURE said GOOD HEALTH to YOU,, come on people think a little harder please? Do you think a billion dollar industry is going to allow Dr to tell you about all of the death because of the blood transfusions I recently had a friend that got a blood transfusion do you know where all that blood went it went to 1 of her legs and just set there and Later she died oh yeah her life was saved right in the hospital but later she died from the blood Claude huge cloud all of it in one of her legs because the body rejected it and my other friend who had to take pills 20 different pills for half his life because his body kept rejecting the blood transfusion until he suffered and died. So why do you believe the hype when they're in their back rooms laughing at you because you think that Dr have no other way but to give blood someone else's blood which is a dime a dozen and they can charge thousands they are playing you guys for a fool!!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

THE ONLY TRUE
♡♡[RELIGION]♡♡
--IS--
♡♡[LOVE]♡♡

(1 Corinthians 13; 4-7)
4. Love is PATIENT and KIND. Love is NOT JEALOUS. It does NOT BRAG, does NOT get PUFFED UP, 5. does NOT BEHAVE INDECENTLY, does NOT look for its own INTERESTS, does NOT become PROVOKED. It does NOT keep ACCOUNT of the INJURY. 6 It does NOT REJOICE over UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, BUT REJOICES with the TRUTH. 7. IT BEARS ALL THINGS, BELIEVES all THINGS, HOPES all THINGS, ENDURES all THINGS.

HOW CAN YOU TELL GOD'S TRUE PEOPLE?

When there are THOUSANDS of Christian denominations????

(John 13; 31-35), 31b.
JESUS said: “Now the Son of man is glorified, and God is glorified in connection with him. 32. God himself will glorify him, and he will glorify him immediately. 33. Little children, I am with you a little longer. You will look for me; and just as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I go you cannot come,’ I now say it also to you. 34. I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another.

35. BY THIS ALL WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE MY DISCIPLES —IF YOU HAVE LOVE AMONG YOURSELVES.”

(Mathew 5; 43-46)
>43.“You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44. However, I say to you: CONTINUE to LOVE your ENEMIES and to PRAY for those who PERSECUTE YOU,
>45. SO that you may PROVE YOURSELVES SONS of YOUR FATHER WHO is in the HEAVENS, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.
>46. For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing?

I have been AROUND Jehovah's Witnesses OFF and ON for over 30 Plus years and AS A WHOLE and all over the planet AS A ORGANIZATION I have never seen anyone come as close to this in my whole life and I am a Heavy duty Researcher I do it for a living practically and I'm a Xtreme Perfectionist and SKEPTIC.

I wish I could be as peaceful, God fearing, and spiritual as these people are.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Not JW, but the E.R. didn't know that. I wasn't given a choice when I got blood, got a need jab when I said I did not consent. I didn't consent for religious reasons, I didn't consent because I was scared over the prospect of diseases, even though I know it's safer now. They knocked me out and gave me blood anyways.

How would it affect you if it was forced on you?

Why do your buildings not have windows?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join