It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Alyconehood

You know the answer to all those as much as I do: YES!

I comend you for your "accurate knowledge" of the Watchtower Society's rules fellow heretic.

Here are a few more questions of my own;
What happens if you do not report your monthly proselytizing activity - how many hours you have spent doing it, how many pieces of literature you have sold, how many book studies you have conducted, how many follow up visits you have made - to your congreagtion elders?

What do these elders use that information for other than "Good news from far away is like cold water to the thirsty'? For example, when they are considering you for a ministerial position, or when the head office is deciding whether Jehovah has appointed you as an elder, might they get your monthly report out and have a look at how much proselytizing you do?

What is the WT society's response to complaints of sexual intereference of minors from thier members? Are they reported to the police, is the complainant encouraged to go to the police? What else is the conplainant encouraged to think about before they take the matter further?

If the elders knew you were conversing with former members on this site what would they do?

If a fellow JW knew you were conversing with former members on this site, what should they do?

If you decide that even one of thier minor doctrines is wrong and you decide to tell another JW, what will the elders do to you? What will they do to you when they have taken you in to the back room and had a talk to you to show you that the society is always right and that you need to submit and beware of an independant spirit; and even if the society is wrong then you still need to be in the organization until they decide they are wrong and change thier doctrine? And if you were to still go around telling other JWs that you think the society is wrong on that point, what would then happen to you? And once you were in a judicial committee and you did not recant, then when they disfellowshipped you would your family who were not under age or married to you still talk to you or would they follow the rules and shun you? And if a month after you were disfellowshipped the society prints "new light" that "proves" what you were saying to be true will you be welcomed back or still shunned and have to crawl back with your tail between your legs and sit in the back of the meetings without anyone talking to you for six months?

Flanimal, take your head out of the sand, ask Jehovah to come in to your heart and transform you in to a new person. Then do the most radical thing you have ever done, actually listen to what Jehovah is telling you. God is so much bigger and better than you ever imagined.
edit on 1/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is a minor Jehovah's Witness child required by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society/has been required, to attend a committee meeting with 3 elders to confront their abuser to not only state that the abuse happen but to prove it and rebuff any denials by the child molester in question due to the WTS practice requiring 2 witnesses to a member's sin before any action can be pursued by the congregation?

If an accused child molester is reported the the congregation elders are they required to contact the WTS before contacting any and all authorities?

Do congregation elders only report child molestation to the authorities when they are legally required to by the regional laws of the area and only after strict direction of how to proceed and what to share from the Legal Department of Jehovah's Witnesses Watchtower and Bible Tract Society?

Are sexually, physically, and emotionally abused wives encouraged to stay with abusive husbands by congregation elders and the publications of the WTS?

Do you believe that the Governing Body is the Faithful and Discreet Slave and has the only correct information coming directly from Jehovah God that tells them what to write in their publications and on their website?

1914 was the end of the Gentile times, signalling the beginning of Jesus heavenly reign, and that the generation who was old enough to understand this (who were alive in 1914 and could comprehend it was the Jesus ascension) as published in numerous WTS magazines, books and pamplets?

Is it true the above doctrine (reiterated for years!!) was scrapped when the annointed class starting dropping like flies and dying off?

Does the WTF sorry, WTS organization state that changes in Doctrine and dogma are New Light from Jehovah correcting the previously not so new light that was sort of false?

Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe God cannot lie or be deceitful

edit on 1-10-2015 by Alyconehood because: Typos are the bane of my existence

edit on 1-10-2015 by Alyconehood because: I seriously need to spellcheck

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Yup, born in, raised in, indoctrinated for 30 plus years, finally saw it for what it really is, a cult and left. However, the scars are still there and when people say it's harmless, I could honestly cry, considering I know 4 people personally who have committed suicide to escape it, many more self-medicating to erase the terrorization of their childhood and shunning by their entire families, including their children, spouses, parents, siblings.
There are a lot of good people brainwashed into this who are literally living in limbo waiting for their 'reward' in the 'new system' when Jehovah's wipes out all the non-jws at Armageddon and they get to prance around living forever in eternal bliss worshipping his ass while ratting each other out for any infractions against the rules. Sounds so freaking amazing to look forward to, hahaha....sigh.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: flanimal4114
the new world translation is said by many scholars to be one of the BEST translations! if you compare it to any other bible, the message is not altered but the accuracy is more precise. Some of the translators where very educated! But they do not clame that it was "theres" so i dont know who you are talking about. also, we have a NEW modern(er) English bible out now (revised) and that you could ask any one of us for to see it is not wrtong.

No respected scholar has ever said the NWT is one of the best or even a good translation. They have said that some verses are well translated. There are far more who damn the translation for its obvious bias to the doctrines of the WT society. In 1984 the WT did a bit of a revision and they added extra words in square brackets [like this] to "give the full sense of the text in the modern language". In 1998 they did another revisions and took all the square breackets away whilst keeping the extra words. It is no longer a translation of the original text but a biased paraphrase. Furthermore they continue to use the Westcott and Hort Text (about 120 years old) as thier original language source when there have been hundreds of ancient texts discovered since then and much better original language texts they could use, this is just plain lazy.
edit on 1/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

www.halleluyahscriptures.com...

The HalleluYah Scriptures

Never in history has there been a translation of the Word that has been done in accordance with the Torah combining all the features listed below. This aims to be a literal translation of the Scriptures in English.

The following is a list of noticeable differences from other traditional translations in English

The Name of the Almighty

Although there are a number of Messianic Scriptures available with the Name of the Creator restored to It’s rightful position, the majority have used the modern Hebrew – YHWH modern Hebrew letters. This version will use the ancient — sometimes called paleo Hebrew letter forms of YHWH Paleo Hebrew — the form which it is believed YHWH Paleo Hebrew wrote His Name on the Ten Commandments in stone.

This practice is used in the “Dead Sea Scrolls” which are written in the modern form of Hebrew yet the Name of YHWH Paleo Hebrew retains the form of the ancient Hebrew.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We do not encourage or alow homosexuality, but we do not jugde others outside of JW for what they do, free will. but we would not go along with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Sorry this i think is sorted, and i have nothing to say on the matter4 except that this is either out of context or plain out wrong. ask some one who deels with this stuff *(

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Guess what... If it kills children so much this lol be a shock...

I'm a teenager, and I find it fun, meaningful, and make lots of friends!!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: flanimal4114
Still waiting friend

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

I see my non JW family all the time, and as said above, I'm fine with everything. And as stated able above, I think your talking about same or similar case, which has been sorted and if you really care go to you local congregation elder to find out more about what happened.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Blood is something everyone thinks we are about, look guys I have NEVER known someone who needed one and we have document oryx on this you can ask for if you want in depth info.

Just ask some Jw near you

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Did you practice a religion before JW?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The angle thing is a precaustion to not accede toy talk to bad angles... You know what I mean by that. And that would be BAD.
Also the hug thing is nothing we have to do, we just do it as a personal decision, we feel like one big family.

But thanks for saying some good things mate

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Sorry can u restate the whole question mate.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No only ever a Jw but I have seen the worlds other religions and want to stay a JW

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Ok so two main questions.

1) child abuse
So this is a silly question because it barely ever happens with in us, and also I know NOTHING about it so lease ask someone els (Jw)

2)bible translation.
Ok so just compare the bibles guys and you'll see they are the same message, get back to ,e with what you find in them wrong please then come back as I can't explain what I don't know.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

Sorry can u restate the whole question mate.

page 3 you stated...

I have never seen him say he IS God, he said he is A god like satan too is A god, not THE God.
Trinity comes from ancient Babylon and is not a christian teaching, but many religions have taken up this teaching.

which wasn't for me, but sometimes I can't help myself...

He also said We are gods, quoting Psalm 82

What is the JW view of that verse?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Ok, so you have been practicing for 12 years, I would like to assume you are not 12, where is the gap?

Or were you raised JW and didn't consider that years of practicing?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Charles Taze Russell, before he got his religious career well and truly started, was a purveyor of duff wheat stock, fake cancer cures, and a product called "the millennial bean".

Essentially, the man was a con artist from the get go, always seeking to rebrand things, rename them to make them more appealing, or in the case of the wheat, out right lie about his product to make it more interesting to potential customers. He was sued for doing so as well. His habits entirely follow through to his dealings with religious affairs.

Furthermore, the individuals who created the New World Translation were NOT educated in Greek, either ancient or modern, which would have been necessary to do an actual translation. That is not up for debate, it is a simple fact. Another fact is that elders, and leaders of this cult have falsely predicted everything from the end of days, to the second coming, and have been proven false in every aspect, and on every occasion.

One more thing on the matter of the blasphemer Charles Taze Russel. He called himself a pastor. But in order to ACTUALLY be a pastor, he would have had to have had the equivalent of a Bachelors degree, five years experience in religious affairs, service leading, and so on... The man never finished his high school equivalent qualifications.

He was a barer of false witness, about himself, and everything else.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Prezbo369

Blood is something everyone thinks we are about, look guys I have NEVER known someone who needed one and we have document oryx on this you can ask for if you want in depth info.

Just ask some Jw near you

Im asking you....isn't that the point of this thread?

If you or your child suffered a massive hemorrhage and a blood transfusion was required, would you allow the procedure to commence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join