It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
actually OP,

Serious question.

What are your views on homosexuality and do your views represent the views of your religion.

The reason i ask is because i have know quite a lot of homosexual JW's.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
How do you feel about the Holy Spirit-Appointed Elders of your organization committing sexual crimes against children enough to pay out millions of dollars?

www.revealnews.org...

thinkprogress.org...

What are your thoughts on countless families being torn apart by your organizations beliefs and how they affect the children both in court cases where lying is prevalent: www.silentlambs.org... and how the children's lives are affected by the countless times your followers prevent them from:
1. Celebrating birthdays/other holidays
2. Activities and clubs with non-JW children
3. Little League, self defense, voting

with threats of damnation?

The INCREDIBLE amount of harm your organization does to children with their indoctrination and views of non-JWs as evil or agents of Satan?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
i'd like to know why the jehovah's sanction paedophilia. my grandaughters mother was brought up as a JW, her parents JWs their whole lives, yet they failed to protect her 12 year old self from an Elder Paedophile. Moreover, they protected the attacker, WHY do they think that's acceptable?

And why exactly do they preach to little children that they can't see their non-JW family?

as far as i'm concerned it is a totally insidious cult. and frankly if you're still in the fold, you're totally deluded. but feel free to answer my questions.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: flanimal4114
a reply to: Prezbo369
Blood represents life, and through out the mosaic law it is said to not drink or anything like it with blood.

Blood transfusions are nothing like drinking blood, you've been misled if you think this is the case.

We don't let people die, we have a whole comity made of probily 100 of people made to help doctors find a no blood treatment with patients who do not take blood.

There are situations and conditions where a blood transfusion is the only option and without one the patient will die (rapid and massive hemorrhages etc).

In these circumstances do you allow people to die?

Most of the time blood transfusions cause more damage than good any ways!!! And that's a fact!!! A lot of the time blood transfusions can be avoided VERY easily!

Again I think you've been misled on vital information, but even if what you claim were true, what do JW's do in those situations where a blood transfusion cannot be avoided very easily?
edit on 1-10-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have nothing bad to say about Jehovah's witnesses. I actually think many people have the wrong idea of their ministry. We have two people in their eighties come over and study the watchtower with us. I probably would never become a Witness because I do not want to be out going door to door but learning what they have to teach is good. It took us about a year of once a week to finally finish the watchtower. I do a lot of different interpretations then they do of the information in the bible so I actually discuss the differences with these people. Their interpretation is not too far off but I do not agree with their belief that the bible is the only source of pure info about god. I see the influence of god everywhere.

According to them we are not supposed to even listen to an angel if they were to confront us, our only guide is the bible. They say any communication with these entities is evil. I think that they may be wrong but I also believe that there are evil beings out there also and we have to use the good as Jesus portrayed to make sure we do not go on the wrong path. I'm not sure what these Angels really are but I believe they could exist and from experience, I believe there is much more going on than what science says. We have only learned a thousanth of what there is to know, science is not advanced and much of science is used to swindle us or destroy the ecosystem. So I will never put my faith in mankind but I will put my faith in the good people in this world. A particular Religion does not make us good people, there are good people in every religion.

The Jehovah witnesses that come here do not say that only Jehovah witnesses will be of the 144000 or that only Jehovah's witnesses will be here after Armageddon. They do state that only good people will be around after that. The ones I know understand that it is not their decision to make and that they shouldn't judge, that is not part of their job.

I've met some of the other witnesses from their church, they are good people.

The only thing I don't really care for is that these people like to hug each other or embrace each other which makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't like to hug guys and I do not like to hug women as it may give others the wrong opinion. Oh well, I do like to study with these eighty something year old people and they do like coffee and sweets. That is what matters I suppose. I hate to disappoint them though, I will never choose a religion again, and even though I told them I would never become a witness but would like to learn about their beliefs, I think they believe they can get me hooked. I believe they are doing an excellent job but I do not want to choose one religion over another because it would make me biast. I believe there are good people in most religions. I spent most of my working life in the public eye, now I just want to melt into the wilderness and want little to do with people. I love nature and would rather learn more about how to help the forest and tend my land properly.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Why do JW's refuse blood transfusions in life or death situations and allow otherwise healthy men, women and children to die?

Well, my sister is a JW. She took a view - which is common, apparently - that if her children needed medical help such as a transfusion, then she would delegate that decision to a family member so that she is not the one making the decision. She certainly discussed it with me and my brothers and had an arrangement with my mother and father.

JWs are harmless. They don't blow people up or force their views down people's throats. On the scale of one to ten, they come in at two for religious harmlessness. Church of the Latter Day Saints are eight. Anglicans are one.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Thanks mate

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Personally i think its a very ugly celebration (Halloween) its all about DEAD PEOPLE and i find that creepy that it comes from something so ugly and scary. I think children and there parents are blinded to what they are dressing up as and that there consciences have been numbed to this against there will.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ok so we are the ones who are against the religions of this world. We come from people who saw the hypocrisy of the churches and decided to join and study the BIBLE not what people say it says. we only use the bible as our base, not traditions.

If you have questions (direct) please restate them for me to go through formally.

the new world translation is said by many scholars to be one of the BEST translations! if you compare it to any other bible, the message is not altered but the accuracy is more precise. Some of the translators where very educated! But they do not clame that it was "theres" so i dont know who you are talking about. also, we have a NEW modern(er) English bible out now (revised) and that you could ask any one of us for to see it is not wrtong.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry, but some doctors DO use blood transfusions as a garente to do a half hearted job. (not saying this n a mean way but they use it as say insurance, when it is not needed) i do not say you would use it like this but many do.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

I have never seen him say he IS God, he said he is A god like satan too is A god, not THE God.
Trinity comes from ancient Babylon and is not a christian teaching, but many religions have taken up this teaching.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

12 years then.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

This is so people who are "interested" we can come back and talk to them, the information is not public, only personal. We do take "do not calls" people who VERY definatly DO NOT want us to come back. we everyone know not to call back (you CAN ask for this to happen, but there are some times mistakes)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: flanimal4114

He also said We are gods, quoting Psalm 82

What is the JW view of that verse?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

This is a conscience issue as no scripture talks about this, people are then help accountable to god for how they acted, not that it is wrong, its how they fell on the matter, this changes by situation if it would stumble others etc.
So some of us do work on holidays others dont and wedding anniversaries are not scripualy wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Quoting people is not supporting them. I have nothing to say on the matter, i do not know anything about it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

why do they put a number on saved ones?

Sorry i dont understand the question. In think i may have anwered this on one of the posrts above what we write down.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Well since you are not 12, can I assume you are a convert or someone that was not raised as a JW?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

False profits means false religiouse leaders.

the bible says, Trueth would be seen by the LOVE we have in our orgainization.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Does the children's Bible Book of Stories include numerous stories and accompanying photos of murder of any who don't follow the rules as set out by the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society's Governing Body under their interpretation of the bible?

Are Jehovah's Witness children given no choice to refuse meeting attendance and participating in door to door donation and publication fundraising/peddling?

Is a Jehovah's Witness allowed to study another religion to determine as commanded to in the Bible, in order to make sure their faith is the true one?
I
Do Jehovah's Witnesses refer to themselves as brothers and sisters and all non-Jehovah's Witnesses as 'worldly people' who are part of Satan's wicked system of things who will die at Armageddon should they have the opportunity to convert to being a JW and chose not to?

Do Jehovah's Witnesses refer to the religion as "The Truth" repeatedly in both conversational and doctrinal discussions and reiterate that terminology in their publications?

If a Jehovah's Witness leaves the religion and expresses disbelief in the doctrine of the religion, are all family members, children, parents, spouses, siblings and friends, as well as relatives directed to shun that person entirely as they are considered an apostate and thus according the the 2013 District Convention possessed by demons and part of the Antichrist?
edit on 1-10-2015 by Alyconehood because: Typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join