It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
ok so many of you have mistaken views on Jehovah's witness' so im here to let you ask away all you want to know
, anything realy on topic and i will try my VERY BEST to answer all of them!
Ok so ask away
!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: flanimal4114

sorry for an spelling eras etc,

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Only a little flock of 144,000 go to heaven and rule with Christ.

Salvation is by works (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 1, pp. 150, 152), through membership in the organization (Watchtower, 2/15/79, p 30).

Really?

True or False?
edit on 30-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Run.....
run....
edit on 30-9-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Why do JW's refuse blood transfusions in life or death situations and allow otherwise healthy men, women and children to die?
edit on 30-9-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Is Jesus an Alien?

Are aliens angels?

are UFO's related to Jesus or aliens or angels?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

true... but misunderstood. you see as we believe only 144000 go to heave to rule with jesus, we do not believe only;y 144,000 will live, as there will be "a great crowd" that comes out of Armageddon to live for ever on earth under jesus rule.

see : Revelation 7:4 - 9

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

thanks lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
How long have you been practicing?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

All my life, why?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hee, hee...
We had fun. Probably me more than them.
No guilt on my side of the fence.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Blood represents life, and through out the mosaic law it is said to not drink or anything like it with blood. We don't let people die, we have a whole comity made of probily 100 of people made to help doctors find a no blood treatment with patients who do not take blood.
Most of the time blood transfusions cause more damage than good any ways!!! And that's a fact!!! A lot of the time blood transfusions can be avoided VERY easily!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Ok.. I would ask but... Lol

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is a very deep question that I'm shore is a topic of a whole forum so I can't awnser that right now sorry

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: flanimal4114
a reply to: skunkape23

Ok.. I would ask but... Lol
Long story short we ended up nude,
Gawd made us that way, and drinking honey-mead, because bees are natural.
I remember telling them that they were welcome to hang out on my planet.
According to them, Gawd gives everybody a planet.
It was fun.
I have nothing bad to say about Mormons based on personal experience.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Doesn't answer the question.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Why do you not observe Halloween? The only day it's socially acceptable to knock on random people's doors?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: flanimal4114
a reply to: Prezbo369

Blood represents life, and through out the mosaic law it is said to not drink or anything like it with blood. We don't let people die, we have a whole comity made of probily 100 of people made to help doctors find a no blood treatment with patients who do not take blood.

Matt 23:16 - 19 "You say, 'Whoever swears an oath by the sanctuary is excused, but whoever swears an oath by the gold of the sanctuary must keep his oath.' You blind fools! What is more important, the gold or the sanctuary that made the gold holy? Again you say, 'Whoever swears an oath by the altar is excused, but whoever swears by the gift that is on it must keep his oath.' You blind men! Which is more important, the gift or the altar that makes the gift holy?"

So if blood represents life, what is more important, honouring the commandments to protect life or the commandment to abstain from blood? What makes blood holy? Isnt it the life it represents?

Most of the time blood transfusions cause more damage than good any ways!!! And that's a fact!!! A lot of the time blood transfusions can be avoided VERY easily!

Agreed, and it is a decision not to be taken lightly, but there really are times when nothing else will save a person other than a blood transfusion.
edit on 1/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You say Jesus was not God but this is what he said about himself:

Joh_6:48 I am the bread of life.
Joh_8:12 "I am the light of the world.
Joh_10:9 I am the gate.
Joh_10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
Joh_10:36 'I am the Son of God'
Joh_11:25 "I am the resurrection and the life.
Joh_15:1 "I am the true vine

No-one tried to kill him when he said the above, but he makes one referrence to being God and look what happens:
Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, `Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham's coming--I am;'
Joh 8:59 they took up, therefore, stones that they may cast at him, but Jesus hid himself, and went forth out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Now that's a funny grammatical change there "Before Abraham's coming--I am" going from past to present tense in the one clause. Was He having a bad grammar day? Or was he quoting this: And God saith unto Moses,`I AM THAT WHICH I AM;' He saith also, `Thus dost thou say to the sons of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.' - Exo 3:14 ?

In the Greek of the NT the words I AM are Ego Aimee, literally it is I (ego) I Am (aimee). In the Greek Septuagint, which was the Bible used at the time of Jesus and the one the apostles quote from when qouting the NT in thier writings, Exodus 3:14 is Ego Aimee. How did the people he was talking to take it? They tried to stone Him, they knew 100% what He was saying. He was saying that He was God.

So Jesus did say He was God, why don't you believe Him?

ETA
It took a few years for the disciples to work out that Jesus was in fact God incarnate. John was the first one to truly understand it, he was the last to write his gospel, at least 30 if not 50 years after the others. And it seems that he wrote it after the body of Christ, the church, started to understand the deity of Christ.

Rev 22:3 "and any curse there shall not be any more, and the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it" - written about 96 AD

Hmmm, one throne, two persons.

Coll 2:8,9 "See to it, then, that no one enslaves you by means of the worthless deceit of human wisdom, which comes from the teachings handed down by human beings and from the ruling spirits of the universe, and not from Christ. For the full content of divine nature lives in Christ, in his humanity," written 62 A.D

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". It does not say that Jesus was "a god" because in the Greek there is another phrase that would be translated like that, saying Jesus was a god, yes, translating that Greek phrase as "a god" can be done if you force it to, but in the Greek it would be an unatural way to talk or write (like saying "I am not unwell" would mean that "I am well" but it is an unnatural way to talk), most easily it means Jesus was God - but you have never been told that have you?

It was not till the council of Nicea (held 325 AD) that it was made official church doctrine. Unfortunately that was also the same council which ended Christianity and started the instituionalized national religion known as the Catholic Church.

The main theological issue had always been about Christ. Since the end of the apostolic age, Christians had begun debating these questions: Who is the Christ? Is He more divine than human or more human than divine? Was Jesus created or begotten? Being the Son of God, is He co-equal and co-eternal with the Father, or is He lower in status than the Father? Is the Father the one true God, or are the Father, Son, and Spirit the one true God?

A priest named Arius presented his argument that Jesus Christ was not an eternal being, that He was created at a certain point in time by the Father. Bishops such as Alexander and the deacon Athanasius argued the opposite position: that Jesus Christ is eternal, just like the Father is. It was an argument pitting trinitarianism against monarchianism.

Constantine prodded the 300 bishops in the council make a decision by majority vote defining who Jesus Christ is. The statement of doctrine they produced was one that all of Christianity would follow and obey, called the “Nicene Creed.” This creed was upheld by the church and enforced by the Emperor. The bishops at Nicea voted to make the full deity of Christ the accepted position of the church. The Council of Nicea upheld the doctrine of Christ’s true divinity, rejecting Arius’s heresy. The council did not invent this doctrine. Rather, it only recognized what the Bible already taught. source

edit on 1/10/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Blood represents life, and through out the mosaic law it is said to not drink or anything like it with blood.

1. But, according to Paul, weren't Christians released from observing the Mosaic laws?

2. Why do JW's believe their version of Christianity is superior to other denominations?

3. How do you respond to the notion that the Jehovah's Witnesses religion is basically just a warmed-over version of the Millerites?

4. How did the founder of the JW's come to the conclusion that 1914 was the year that Jesus assumed the Throne and began issuing-in the end times?

-dex

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join