It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unerasable Evils

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It is time We call into existence a Constitutional Convention!

There are many reasons to do so, perhaps as many reasons as there are stars in the sky. But a humble society is not built upon the wishes of the few, it is built by the many, that everyone’s wishes will come true.

First and foremost, there are the Unerasable Evils that are smeared upon the pages of our current Constitution. While the Founding Fathers created a nation for the benefit of themselves and future generations of their own blood, they ignored the rights of enslaved Africans, indigenous cultures, and of their own better halves. The various Amendments have attempted to reconcile the paradox of a Republic built upon the backs of its most vulnerable people, but the original words are still there, unerased and eternal.

The solution is a new Constitution, where every human being is counted the same, and never again reduced to an arbitrary fraction, a simple statistic to be manipulated for political gain. The original cultures of this land, those original immigrants to the American Continents, must have their ideals and beliefs incorporated into our new government, just as the ideals and beliefs of the European colonists were incorporated into the last. The female gender, a political voice silenced for centuries, must have their equality recognized, in speech and in action.

There is a time, when the ideas behind the words come forth, and the Unerasable Evils of the past must be placed in the dusty bin of historical errors. Those ideas must shape new words, proof of our social evolution, and with the faith that our next Great Document will be designed to atone for our collective sins. No child should be burdened with their parents’ soiled past. But every parent should be burdened with the fact that this planet was not inherited from their ancestors, it was lent to them by their descendants.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: revswirl

It seems as though there are an awful lot of things about the structures through which our world is being run, today that completely need rewriting. The world has moved on and much of the social infrastructure that should protect people's rights is not in sync with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So what exactly are you suggesting gets changed in the constitution? What about the current constitution do you feel is oppressing women and ethnic minorities?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

This is true. Imagine trying to run a company using punch cards in today's environment. The political superstructure that has been built upon a 20th century infrastructure cannot withstand much longer. It's basically Social Jenga.

I think we need to give every global Citizen their Independent Sovereignty. A meritocracy built around Caucuses of Experts will provide the new infrastructure, allowing the Citizens to build a superstructure based upon creative flow, maximizing 21st century technology to provide efficiency, sustainability, and adaptability. Citizens will cede a portion of their Sovereignty to the Caucuses, of which they will participate in based upon their interests and abilities, to allow for the ultimate amount of time to pursue their spiritual natures. I call this concept Sovereignosis.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

This confuses me. You call for equality for all and for everyone to be sovereign but then suggest that the people cede their sovereignty to a circle of elite experts that essentially form a technocracy?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Pfft. Yeah... No thanks. Maybe you should try one of these for perspective:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."
edit on 30-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I have a great love and appreciation for the US Constitution. It provides our society with the stability to replicate the humans required for society to exist. But it is not just pen on page. There are ideas and emotional constructs behind those words, and that is the source of meaning. The attempts to rectify past injustices upon individuals and cultures are valiant and noteworthy in the annuls of time. But the hurtful ideas of an ignorant few, still sting to those whose ancestors they were written about.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Children imitate their parents to learn how to exist in their current environment. We, as the Founding Children, can emulate the Founding Fathers. Instead of modifying their words, we should build upon their ideas. The Constitution is our umbilical cord. Our pens are the scalpel. By showing that we have matured enough to take on a task as revolutionary as their's, we honor them in our attempt, and grow into our cultural adolescence.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Technocracy doesn't really focus on the spiritual or metaphysical. Sovereignosis starts at the spiritual. That's one of the major differences.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Try pulling Americas dirty little fingers out of everyone elses pies first and we'll start from there.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The current Constitution is the third form of government the United States has had. The first was the Continental Congress, the second, The Articles of Confederation. There is a precedent for change, and the current Constitution allows itself to be both defended by oath, and replaced through the process of an Article 5 Convention. It believe we can honor the Founders through emulation.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I can see why you want to do away with the constitution. Forcing people to join a spiritual collective would be difficult without doing so. I understand your intentions but there is not enough meat to your idea. Sounds like pie in the sky only in your zeal to be spiritually developed you are advocating a system that doesn't seem to allow for very much freedom.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It's not so much about a spiritual collective. I do have more meat for the bones, and I really appreciate your input. I believe conversations like this are quite like the conversations the Founders participated in. We have the technology to hasten these conversations, allowing creative flow to expand. I am not a Utopian, although I enjoy those types of stories. Much of our current paradigm is built upon a material construct. Philosophers have argued over this concept for 1000s of years. My limited knowledge of quantum theory makes me believe that the "consciousness first" cabal has been right all along. As technology comes into parity with spirituality, we will find that we have all been chasing the same rabbit the entire time.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

American imperialism is a result of the pioneering spirit. The early colonists found an expansive territory for their creative flow. Sadly, their consistent intentions became corrupted, as all systems do. The military industrial complex I believe you are referring to, is a result of a Manifest Destiny with no where to go. I'd love to see our efforts reallocated to Space and Sea Exploration. There are 7 billion people on this planet. Surely we can finally complete that Tower of Babel.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

While the Founding Fathers created a nation for the benefit of themselves and future generations of their own blood, they ignored the rights of enslaved Africans, indigenous cultures, and of their own better halves. The various Amendments have attempted to reconcile the paradox of a Republic built upon the backs of its most vulnerable people, but the original words are still there, unerased and eternal.

What words are you talking about? Specifically.

Don't know if anyone told you, but the constitution is still in use today.

Just because it was written in a different time period is irrelevant.
edit on 1-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Maybe this link will give you some hope. Things will get better according to Cayce.

Here is a sneak peak...

Q. What should be the attitude of so-called capitalist nations toward Russia?
A. The greater hope of the world will come through Russia’s religious development. The one nation or group which is closed in relationship with Russia may fare best during the gradual changes and the final settlement of conditions, as to rule of the world (February 8, 1932) 3976-10
Q. About the Russian situation?
A. As we have indicated before, a new understanding has come and will come to a troubled people. Here, because of the yoke of oppression, because of self-indulgences, another extreme has arisen. Only when there is freedom of speech, and the right to worship according to the dictates of conscience - until these come about, turmols will still be within. (June 24, 1938) 3976 - 19

The incredible Story. P. 79-80

... For changes are coming, this may be sure – an evolution, or revolution in the ideas of religious thought. The basis of it for the world will eventually come out of Russia; not communism, no! But rather that which is the basis of the same, as the Christ taught – His kind of communism! (1930) No. 452-6

In Russia there comes the hope of the world, not as that sometimes termed of the communistic, or Bolshevik, no; but freedom, freedom! That each man will live for his fellow man! The principle has been born. It will take years for it to be crystallised, but out of Russia comes again the hope of the world. (1944) No. 3976-29

www.regels.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Um...

Well, first of all, the problem is not the constitution, and oddly enough, it is not the whole of the law which propagates the problems in the US. Most of the really bad problems in the States come up when the constitution is ignored by the powerful because it is expedient at the time, such as with civil asset forfeiture laws, and by the people when they have been sufficiently propagandised by the powerful.

If laws which go against the constitution were removed from the books, and all other laws upheld equally, no matter who was found to break them, then there is no way that so many people would be so badly effected by the actions of government. There would be no mass surveillance, no Gitmo, no civil asset forfeiture without first securing conviction, no law which protects the guilty and enslaves the innocent.

The document does not need a re write. It just needs to be respected. Oh, and those oaths everyone is talking about?

Seems to me that one cannot follow the constitution, AND the orders of a president, unless that president is bound on pain of death, never to violate the constitution for any reason, no matter how apparently valid. Just FYI...they aren't, not really. Their swearing in ceremony pays lip service to it, but let's face it, no matter which side of the line they sit on, a politicians first responsibility these days is to his or her backers and paymasters.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
royal familey blood line= everlasting rule= constitution, sorry this just popped into my head mind you i drank a bottle of red wine and a half a fifth of vodka

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Unfortunately such a document can not be written and enforced in this day and age of political greed and self gain.

Historical errors are still history. Long before the US was formed "historical errors" were being made. Today there are "historical errors" being made on every single continent.

Don't believe the media all the time. There are still a lot of freedom loving Americans out there that accept the past as the past and move forward. You shouldn't be ashamed or upset with something that you had no part of. That's some kind of torture and lunacy. It's like getting mad at a 2 year old for making a mess.

Look around... Look at whats going on. There is too much division as is.

As to the equality piece. Unfortunately, the truth is that every one is not equal and that is the way it is. It will always be that way. Not because of birth or race or or anything that people sometimes get muddled in with being equal but because of their life choices. Some who make poor life choices are not of my equal and should not be considered.

Less government is better government.

Guess the old one will have to suffice.

Everything is perspective.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Oh yeah, Cayce is great. I need to read more of his stuff for sure. Thanx for the link

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlastedCaddy

Unfortunately such a document can not be written and enforced in this day and age of political greed and self gain.

Of course a new document can be written. The entire premise of the American Revolution was to create an environment where the Citizens could, if they chose to, form a new government anytime they wanted. Holding onto a document written at a time when they thought bleeding someone would cure them of their illness is ridiculous. George Washington himself didn't think the thing would last more than 20 years (www.nytimes.com...). It's lasted over 200! That's not too shabby. Governments change, as they should. They must reflect the times of a society, not overshadow it. It's time for an upgrade. We have the knowledge, and the technology to put together a new system that accounts for the massive cultural changes that have occurred since the nation's founding. There's nothing wrong with doing it again, as we've done it before a couple of times. British Citizens were already the freest on Earth before the Revolution, yet the colonists wanted more freedom. Surely if they could accomplish their goals at a time like that, we can do even more today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join