It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Twice Earth's Size Flies By Sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
@0:27 its SO big and bright and seems to moving all on its own trajectory very fast compared to most all other objects

What could it be? Do Asteroids/Comets/Meteors get that big twice the size of Earth?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

What calculations were used to determine its size? I'm not seeing any calculations or referencing to size in the video. Just claiming that it's so doesn't make it so.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Its a series of dead pixels that repaired themselves causing it to look like a moving object, HONESTLY!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

the Sun is super active right now, could be unusual sightings , good post

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Watch the time stamp. It goes through a day and a half for this to travel the distance, but the video says it traveling at high speed.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

There was countless objects that flew by that were bigger then then what was boxes as the size of earth...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Are you meaning to say that you did not see the little box that said "Earths scale" ? Lol

But really im going to say a bug flying into view...or a rock

edit on 30-9-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

What calculations were used to determine its size? I'm not seeing any calculations or referencing to size in the video. Just claiming that it's so doesn't make it so.

Well, if it's a bona fida series of pictures in the usual time frames, it's not going to be something tiny near the spacecraft. On the other hand, it's not so bothered by the Sun, so It could be biggish. I'm off the bed now, I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

It's most likely a a comet, I'd tentatively say it's from the Meyer comet group, as their trajectory for this time of year is in that vicinity.

More info here..

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That earth scale box is only useful if the object is the exact same distance from the space craft as the earth is.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
How do we know how far away this object is? I find it to be mighty assumptious to claim it is twice the size of Earth when we don't know how close or far way the object is. It could easily be forced perspective we're looking at.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Mercury ? 88 day year isn't it ? travel that arc at that speed

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was excited by your title then I come here to watch a video of some pixelation. I don't see anything here that isn't a camera flare or glitch in the video.

Sorry, OP.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Looks big, like a mother ship death star.

I think that is how large groups of ships come and go. They travel through stars by utilizing the unique principles of the negative sized, super gravitational center core.

The Sun worshipers were spot on with their fascination of the sun.
Its the whole reason that we are here today and its how they are coming our way.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
well, it moved like an artifact.....there's that part.....

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm guessing a planet....

It just seems to follow it's own trajectory, path.

Could of done without the crap music though.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It is not an artifact, or particles, and there is a continuous trajectory there as consistent as the movement of the background stars through the frames. It's not likely a Comet, or at least it has no tail, and hence unlikely to be near the Sun. The spacecraft is milions of miles away from the Sun, and given the objects long passage through the frames, the object is not something near the spacecraft. I haven't looked at the frames in the movie theater yet, but it does seem to be moving pretty fast...each frame is often twelve minutes or longer, but does vary.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think moved through the frame fast enough (about 9 hours to pass through the frame) to possibly be an asteroid that was relatively close to the camera -- and by "relatively close" I mean not necessarily near the sun.

Plus, don't forget that the SOHO spacecraft itself is moving, and that movement would affect the apparent speed of objects.

edit on 10/1/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

Just claiming that it's so doesn't make it so.

But it had dramatic music! DRAMATIC MUSIC!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join